Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Afraid to leave Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-04, 11:39 AM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Afraid to leave Lexus

I have been debating in my head the idea of selling my GS4 for possibly the FX45. Now I am worried about leaving lexus for another make, as I have been extremely satisified with my car. The new option I have considered is a totota sequoia ( I know extremely large) but again leaving lexus. I guess there is some prestige of owning a lexus vs. these other vehicles. I just thought I would share my head struggles.
E
Old 01-19-04, 12:06 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck--that's a tough call! It's like having a favorite restaurant that you always go to. You love the food, the service and ambiance are wonderful... every time you go it's a fabulous experience. But then you know there are probably other great restaurants out there, too, and you don't want to get stuck in a rut. The challenge is that you're giving up a sure-thing outstanding meal to take a gamble, and chances are you'll have lots of so-so (or worse) meals before you find another favorite.
Old 01-19-04, 12:38 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

you have a matching pair of Lexi, infact the exact pair i would have if i did it again. Find a hobby to keep you occupied, you are just needing something else... but not car wise. Keep 'em
Old 01-19-04, 12:46 PM
Static911

Iceman,

You definately nailed it. I am in the same situation. I am shopping, possible, for a new car. I read on other forums, nothing, ON AVERAGE (there are those gloomy times), can beat the Lexus service and just the reliability. However, I am looking for a car with more HP and suspension in its stock form. I am not looking to modify the car whatsoever...well, maybe some wheels, suspension, exhaust. Hm..adding an intake isn't so bad. Well, adding a body kit is not too bad too. lol.
Old 01-19-04, 01:08 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally posted by Static911
I am not looking to modify the car whatsoever...well, maybe some wheels, suspension, exhaust. Hm..adding an intake isn't so bad. Well, adding a body kit is not too bad too. lol.
....and?
Old 01-19-04, 02:13 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Iceman,

You definately nailed it. I am in the same situation. I am shopping, possible, for a new car. I read on other forums, nothing, ON AVERAGE (there are those gloomy times), can beat the Lexus service and just the reliability. However, I am looking for a car with more HP and suspension in its stock form. I am not looking to modify the car whatsoever...well, maybe some wheels, suspension, exhaust. Hm..adding an intake isn't so bad. Well, adding a body kit is not too bad too. lol.
Ethan, does it also need to be an automatic transmission after the IS300?
Old 01-19-04, 03:00 PM
LexFather

What Static911 said
Competition has heated up and it is more tempting than ever to try something new. Iceman, the restaurant anology was PERFECT!

It's like going to the stripclub. THey treat ya like VIP. They got the finest girls. You get great drinks and dances. It's perfect.

Yet there is another club not far, you've heard some good/bad things about and people are trying this new club. Do u take your singles there? Or stay in your current strip club?

Old 01-20-04, 12:00 AM
Static911

Mike,

Hahaha! The funny thing is I was looking at a '04 996 turbo with X50. However, I'm leery of the Porsche dealership. I do not think I am that adventurous anymore...so I may stick to a '04 LS 430. Yeah!

Last edited by Static911; 01-20-04 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-20-04, 05:13 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

It's a good idea to have at least one Lexus in your garage, but Infiniti has been consistently up there with Lexus in reliabilty & service over the years, and the FX45 is an awesome crossover if you don't need a lot of cargo space. If you plan to keep the car for a long time, resale value shouldn't be too much of a concern, or you can consider a used one.
The Sequoia is more practical but less fun, plus you don't get the quality, warranty and service of the Infiniti and Lexus.
Old 01-20-04, 06:02 AM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't buy an Infiniti over a Lexus mainly for the Luxury factor that you get with Lexus.

I think you may need to wait for the HPX with the suicide doors I would prefer the Porsche SUV over the Infinit you can get a great deal on one right now (new or used)

Last edited by jimxo; 01-20-04 at 06:04 AM.
Old 01-20-04, 06:39 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

As someone who owns both a GS and a Sequoia, I would have to agree with OLT when he says find a hobby I have the best of both worlds and I for one will not be changing anytime soon. As a matter of fact....I will be getting my new toy/hobby/moneypit soon.....
Old 01-20-04, 10:12 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Kutcher,

I always wonder if I will ever leave Lexus, for these simple reasons:

1. Customer Service- the level of service I received when i purchased, serviced, and had ANY issue with my 96 was unparrelled! Better than my grandad with a 01 S500.

2. Reliability- you buy fine things to enjoy them, not to make excuses why they are in the shop

3. Cache- Lexus really has great brand equity, maybe not equal to Benz but def up there.

4. Performance- The 98 GS4 was WAY ahead of its time, it still outperforms many V8 auto-tranny cars today

5. Value- find a better looking, driving, interior, craftsmanship, etc etc vehicle in this price range!!

Like someone else said, your just bored man, you have the RX and the GS, just go buy some mods and post pics, trust me you'll feel alot better about yourself in the morning!!

You can tell you dont really want to leave, because you keep asking and changing vehicles!! Your stuck on Lexus, and THATS the bottom line!! LOL
Old 01-20-04, 11:52 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Mike,

Hahaha! The funny thing is I was looking at a '04 996 turbo with X50. However, I'm leery of the Porsche dealership. I do not think I am that adventurous anymore...so I may stick to a '04 LS 430. Yeah!
Ethan, go for the 04 LS430 with some choice mods!!!
Old 01-20-04, 03:16 PM
kutscher
Lead Lap

letsride,

your impression of the sequoia?

I think I am becoming OCD about this... : )

E
Old 01-20-04, 10:32 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

However, I am looking for a car with more HP and suspension in its stock form. I am not looking to modify the car whatsoever...well, maybe some wheels, suspension, exhaust. Hm..adding an intake isn't so bad. Well, adding a body kit is not too bad too. lol.
LOL, see, you can't do it, there is not one car out there that comes stock that NOTHING needs done to it... and when I say not one car, I mean one that is sub 100k

GL on your search...
Shawn

Quick Reply: Afraid to leave Lexus