Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Brand Erosion Hell: G35 as a Rental Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-04, 05:34 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default "Upscale" G35?

Stefwilli mentioned that rental customers would pay top dollar for G35's rather than Nissans. Well, I agree that the G35 is an excellent sports sedan if you want to take it out on the twisties or up and down the Coast Highway, but I wouldn't really call it an "upscale" car inside. The interior doesn't really impress me that much at all....just a bunch of that same old Nissan plastic and cheap finish you see in the Sentra, Altima, Maxima, and Murano. It does, however, have a couple of nice features like the tilting air vents and gauge panel that ordinary Nissans don't, but compare its interior to, say, the Lexus ES330 (a real classy car inside), and you'll see what I mean.

But Stefwilli is correct on one point.....money talks. On the bottom line, it doesn't matter what we or anybody else thinks. Rental firms are in buisness to make money....they will rent out what sells, and what they can make a profit on.