Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The BIG NEWS...Is it true!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-04, 10:37 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The BIG NEWS...Is it true!?!?!?

So is it really true??? Here is the breakdown as follows:

1) Lexus LF-S is not the future of GS concept but the coming of the new IS330?!?!?!

2) Lexus will offer AWD to the upcoming models and new future production models?!?!?

3) Lexus will go beyond a "SLATE MODEL ABOVE" their LS430 vs (Mercedes - S55, S600 and BMW 760i)?!?!?

4) Lexus creating a division to go up against and beyond Mercedes "AMG"?!?!?

5) Sedan, coupe and convertable for the IS300 and IS330?!??!

6) Next Lexus LS hits the market they are claiming to pound them(Mercedes S-class) in price/luxury/and performance?!?!?

7) Lexus dealships across the border is going to "The Next Level?!?!?

8) Lexus will have a separate Infinity FX competitor?!?!?

9) Lexus IS is and will be the "Real" 3 Series competitor?!?!?

10) When Lexus says it's coming, it may be coming sooner then they claim?!?!?

Lexus is claiming to be quiet for the next 12 months, then comes the "Big Bang!" that probably no automotve industry will see this coming or prepared for it. And that is raising the competition to the "NEXT LEVEL!" Of coarse we keep in mind that this may not be true at all, this could be just rumors, this could be just talks that actually happend in the Toyota/Lexus Corp of Japan and North America, some how leaked out and may never happen @ all. But being a Lexus enthusiast for many years and I would love to see this company going far and beyond the Worldwide Luxury Division...... setting the "standards". They say they are in "Persuit of Perfection..." And if you think the list is just rumors, so why say and not do it? right? So far they have proven the Persuit of Perfection since Lexus has stepped into this maket. And has not stopped the other Luxury competitors from Sweating their Nutts off!!! ....sayin' "well boys back to the drawing board...AGAIN! AND AGAIN!"
Well personally which I will call "rumors", I just listed tend become more of a reality to me. It is just matter of time and possibly a short time! Well all other Lexus and Non-Lexus enthusiast...you be the judge, do your own investigation, throw in your 2 cents, .....but most of all enjoy!!!
Old 01-31-04, 12:36 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

look in "car chat" forum

no the lfs is not going to be the new IS
Old 01-31-04, 07:35 PM
kylesc400
Lead Lap

im wondering what the point would be of having an is300 and an is330, given theres so little difference in power between the two engines. if anything, they may eventually replace the is300 with an is330 and (everyone seems pretty sure about this at this point) theyll be offering an is430, quite possibly with coupe variants.

on the convertible side, there are lots of rumors about an sc330 being offered alongside the current sc430.
Old 02-01-04, 10:59 AM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that Lexus should rethink what they are doing. When Lexus first started out in 1989 they really amazed the world with the LS 400. I think they should come back with something like that again. I am not saying that they aren't doing a good job now, but I would like to see Lexus be the big boys on the block again.
Old 02-01-04, 11:15 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Yea, if you read the other post with the article from Autoweek, that Clement guy I think it is, said that the new LS is going to be "1989 all over again" and they're gonna basically shake the automotive Earth once again with the new LS. So hopefully all these rumors and asumptions are going to be quite true. My hopes is that Lexus's high-performance division is actually going to be competitive with M/AMG/Quattro GmBh . There's not much use as an image car, to make an IS that is going to be slower and less nimble than the M3 and S4. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.... I think a 500hp LS (or some other big luxury rocket) would take the Lexus to a whole new level, just as the S55/600 bi-turbo has for benz.
Old 02-01-04, 11:43 AM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

Wow good to hear. I would like them to bring back the styling that Lexus use to have. The unique style that set Lexuses apart from other makes. Something orginal. Well I can't wait until some offical news is given. That will be something amazing to see if Lexus changes the Luxury Automobile World again.
Old 02-01-04, 11:47 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

All the rumors about the IS330 and SC330 sound completely ridiculous to me. The 330 engine is a V6, and used in FWD. I doubt Lexus would make a V6 RWD powerplant, straying from their roots from the I6. I also think it would be unnecessary to increase the displacement of the I6 to 3.3L unless the V8 is going through a change again as well. Personally, I hope that if there is a new LS430 it will rewrite the book on luxury sedans. Some key factors for that will have to include a larger engine, reliable and functional extras such as NAV bluetooth capable communication etc along with increased creature comforts taht just give the overall feel of security and comfort. I hope a new coupe is out whether it be name the IS or something new, and hopefully this coupe can come in a limited edition version, something like the M3, S4 etc.

James
Old 02-01-04, 11:53 AM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

If Lexus is going to do it like they did in 1989 then I have nothing to say. I know Lexus will amaze everybody in the world. There is no doubt in my mind that Lexus can do it. The question is are they going to do it? The history behind the "F1" (a.k.a. LS 400) is really amazing. The time and effort that was taken to develop the LS 400 is amazing to me.
Old 02-01-04, 12:22 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by jet864
All the rumors about the IS330 and SC330 sound completely ridiculous to me. The 330 engine is a V6, and used in FWD. I doubt Lexus would make a V6 RWD powerplant, straying from their roots from the I6. I also think it would be unnecessary to increase the displacement of the I6 to 3.3L unless the V8 is going through a change again as well. Personally, I hope that if there is a new LS430 it will rewrite the book on luxury sedans. Some key factors for that will have to include a larger engine, reliable and functional extras such as NAV bluetooth capable communication etc along with increased creature comforts taht just give the overall feel of security and comfort. I hope a new coupe is out whether it be name the IS or something new, and hopefully this coupe can come in a limited edition version, something like the M3, S4 etc.

James
Lexus is making a V6 powerplant..... for the new gs300... it's a 3.3L V6 with 265hp
Old 02-01-04, 11:37 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by EGainer
Lexus is making a V6 powerplant..... for the new gs300... it's a 3.3L V6 with 265hp
Thanks. don't like it, but guess thats how it is.

James
Old 02-02-04, 08:49 AM
LexFather

From my understanding, in the next 12-24 months, Lexus is going to make a bang (they are intending this) similar to the one made in 1989/1990 when it was first introduced.

Old 02-02-04, 09:40 AM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: The BIG NEWS...Is it true!?!?!?

1. Err no - the LF-S was a preview of a styling concept for the future LS
2. Yes, they confirmed AWD will be available on all platforms, because they lost sales to the snow regions
3. Yes, they confirmed they have a super luxo sedan and coupe in the works
4. Yes, they confirmed a tuner division
5. Yes, they need more variations (and a better platform) to compete with the 3 series
6. The next LS is supposed to revolutionize the industry all over again. I don't doubt that....
7. Didn't hear about this, but that's scary!
8. Actually it's going to go against the MB GST. See the LFX concept
9. See # 5
10. Typically, a production model designated for next model year gets sold in the year before, so it may the 2005 / 2006 GS may come in early spring (or late summer) 2004 / 2005.

Originally posted by Darkside
So is it really true??? Here is the breakdown as follows....