Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone here use leatherseats.com?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-04, 02:18 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here use leatherseats.com?

Has anyone used the new sponsor leatherseats.com to redo thier leather in their cars? I am particularly interested in the quality of the leather in comparison to your OEM leather and the fit of it after you install it yourself. I also have the following questions:

1. Does the fit look professional and like it BELONGS? Or does it look like an aftermarket add-on?
2. Has anyone done 2-tone leather with leatherseats.com?
3. What kind of leather do they use? Alcantara? or Coach quality? Or what?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Ron
Old 02-01-04, 04:03 PM
legendary
Racer

I have used them, and the quality was comparable to OEM. Even better, it looks like OEM.
TTurbopimp mentioned that many suppliers use them for OEM leather replacement/initial install, which equals that of this supplier. I know of several hundred guys that have ordered and pretty much pleased with the end result. I even installed my kit on my own. Lots of fun

As to the question of if it looks aftermarket..only if you get some ricey colors like purple and green....otherwise it matches the interior pretty well....the LS guys know the vehicles pretty well, and provide great customer service...something I know WE ALL value
Old 02-01-04, 05:08 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by legendary
I have used them, and the quality was comparable to OEM. Even better, it looks like OEM.
TTurbopimp mentioned that many suppliers use them for OEM leather replacement/initial install, which equals that of this supplier. I know of several hundred guys that have ordered and pretty much pleased with the end result. I even installed my kit on my own. Lots of fun

As to the question of if it looks aftermarket..only if you get some ricey colors like purple and green....otherwise it matches the interior pretty well....the LS guys know the vehicles pretty well, and provide great customer service...something I know WE ALL value
Do you have pictures of yours you care to share? Either post them or e-mail them to me. I have been wanting to 2-tone my inetrior but kinda ran a search for places and got frustrated after a short time, so i just gave up. If leatherseats.com is a reputable spot with quality leather and can customize the way I want and the LEGENDARY one approves, I may have fond my spot! I am gonna give them a call tomorrow. but please provide me some pics of your install! Much appreciated!
Old 02-01-04, 06:14 PM
legendary
Racer

Sure....here is an informative post by CK6speeds here on CL

http://www.legend-forum.com/vbulleti...threadid=13851

I also replied to your pm....
I will try to take some better pictures soon...never got around to it, but there are lots on my site