Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bmw E46 Assembly Line Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-04, 03:53 AM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Can't see the vid....
Old 02-03-04, 08:08 AM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by O. L. T.
so you wanna constantly spend money modding your car instead of paving the back half of your driveway?
No, I wanna pave my driveway with Lexus' and Bimmers!
Old 02-03-04, 01:44 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

OH, ................................. that part is covered. Now i need to quit buying wheels for my 325i like i did again this morning for the 3rd time this month

Bought m3 double spoke 17's, then bought OZ 17's, then bought a different set (95 and up style) m3 17's this morning. all this month i'm running out of garage room.

i just can't seem to quit using this --------->

count them, that's 5 sets in 3 months ---> http://www.cardomain.com/id/2forme

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-03-04 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-03-04, 01:55 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

OH, ................................. that part is covered. Now i need to quit buying wheels for my 325i like i did again this morning for the 3rd time this month

Bought m3 double spoke 17's, then bought OZ 17's, then bought a different set (95 and up style) m3 17's this morning. all this month i'm running out of garage room.

i just can't seem to quit using this --------->

count them, that's 5 sets in 3 months ---> http://www.cardomain.com/id/2forme
Once the ModBug bites you, it secretes a venom into your blood stream, which then works its way into your DNA and it becomes a permanent part of you and you will pass it on to your children and all of those associated with you on car forums.
Old 02-03-04, 02:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

It doesn't help that there are unlimited parts for these cars Since it already has intake, cams, ignition, and a chip, it's time to start talking to Dinan about FI. God someone please cut up my credit cards.
Old 02-03-04, 03:30 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Via Japanese methods the machines can work it harder, make it better, do it faster, make is stronger; more than ever, hour after hour.

daft punk!!! woot
Old 02-03-04, 03:32 PM
MSBoy
Lead Lap

It doesn't help that there are unlimited parts for these cars Since it already has intake, cams, ignition, and a chip, it's time to start talking to Dinan about FI. God someone please cut up my credit cards.
LOL!!

You gave a link to your Bimmers on Cardomain.com.... why so stingy with the Lex SC pics?? Show it off man! Where is it?

Last edited by MSBoy; 02-03-04 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-03-04, 03:35 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by MSBoy

What I can comment on with authority is my ownership experience. I own an E46 and it is by far the best quality car that I've owned. I cannot complain too much about the other cars that I've owned though. I owned a Nissan Maxima, which was also a great car and a Chrysler Lebaron... not so great, but good. I happen to be a member of a couple of BMW forums as well, and am very aware of the common complaints and issues in E46s, but they do not surpass the kinds of complaints that I've seen from Lexus owners right here on CL and other Japanese car forums that I have visited or have been a member of.

You've owned 3 cars... and the Lebaron is barely a car in that it has 4 wheels a motor and transmission... Of course the E46 could be the best quality car for you to own; you havent owned ANYTHING

I dont really see any complaints about reliability here in these forums; how old is your E46? not very old Go to the SC forums and most of the questions you'll see are about upgrading things; like the 143k miles on my car with a turbo You cant talk reliability about a car that is only 1 years old unless its horrendously bad; which BMW is known for but the 5-series is actually supposedly "ok"

I've got several friends that are service techs at several different BMW dealerships in the area... and the BMW cars are piles of Garbage... with a capital 'G'
You probably dont see many complaints on the BMW forum because they dont like talking about the shortcomings of their extensions of their manhood
Old 02-03-04, 03:43 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally posted by MSBoy
LOL!!

You gave a link to your Bimmers on Cardomain.com.... why so stingy with the Lex SC pics?? Show it off man! Where is it?
i have a gallery here on Cl nothing anyone hasn't seen. but i do have a cardomain site for my lexus, it just isn't built yet.
just a few pics holding up the space.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dasfunny

And on Bean's post..... this thread is before it goes any further. The OP link is dead anyway.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-03-04 at 03:45 PM.