Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Driving School Back in CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-04, 02:27 PM
rja400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Driving School Back in CA

Just got the email... Wish I could go, but can't. But I bet it sells out fast!

Capitalizing on the success of the 2003 Lexus Performance Driving School, the next school comes roaring into the California Speedway.

Thursday, March 4, 2004
Friday, March 5, 2004
8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
California Speedway
Fontana, CA

Only a limited number of people a day will have the privilege of being personally mentored by some of the best race car instructors in the United States. Besides exploring the latest in safety and accident-avoidance techniques, your experience will include:

Lexus Ground School

Skidpad Exercise

Open-Lapping

Brake and Turn

Individual and Team Autocross

Lexus and Team Lexus Hotlaps

As a participant in the Lexus Performance Driving School, you will receive a first-class and unique one-day professional driving experience that will enhance your driving skills. You will feel the thrill of a hot lap in an official Team Lexus race or production car driven by professional drivers. Then, push the limits as you put your learning to the test with no stop signs, no street lights, just clear track as you drive your own open laps in a Lexus.

At the conclusion of your one-day driving school, you will receive a photo of yourself with the official Team Lexus race car and a certificate of completion authorized by the chief driving instructor. Total cost $495.

For more information about the Lexus Performance Driving School, please visit our web site at http://www.lexusdrivingschool.com/.

School is limited to the first 90 participants per day. Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis.
Old 02-04-04, 03:52 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone going?

I know the wifey would approve of this even for the $500 price tag
Old 02-04-04, 07:51 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the same email and was bummed to see its only being offered on Thurs. and Friday.

It looks like a great time.
Old 02-09-04, 04:09 PM
ivesGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this last year and it was a blast!! There were like 20 brand new Lexus cars there (LS's, GS's, and IS's). The first car I got in was an LS430 and it had 4 miles on the odometer and they just let us thrash on them the whole day. I would do this again in a heartbeat but I'm going to Vegas the following weekend and can't take a whole week off work. Anyone thinking about this should definately jump on it.