Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The new Audi A6!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-04, 10:59 PM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new Audi A6!!

Old 02-16-04, 11:09 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Interior looks nice, but the exterior, just like it looks, makes me yawn too. Can't put my finger on it and couldn't find it on Google, but isn't the front almost identical to another Audi model?

Don't like how the steering wheel and the grille have the same shape. Do I notice a little 5 series resemblance?

James

Last edited by jet864; 02-16-04 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-16-04, 11:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

That grille looks horrendous I prefer the current look.
Old 02-17-04, 12:53 AM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

I agree, that grill looks terrible Otherwise, it looks pretty much the same to me.
Old 02-17-04, 05:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 02-17-04, 05:19 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by jet864
Can't put my finger on it and couldn't find it on Google, but isn't the front almost identical to another Audi model?
It looks like the Nuvolari concept car, I dont know if I like the new big mouth direction that Audi is taking, with the large chrome oval. I like the wedge proportions of the car, but the rear seems a little bland IMO. Its tough because the current A6 is one of my favorite cars to look at! Especially the RS version!
Old 02-17-04, 05:58 AM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

I really don't like the interior. The vents are nasty, the gear lever ugly (something out of a GM), steering wheel

Old 02-17-04, 06:17 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

With the exception of the grill I think the car is beautiful (the interior is incredible). Rumor has it that all Audis will have this grill. This is more of an evolutionary design vs. the new GS being more revolutionary. I'm curious what the Audi fans will think of it.
Old 02-17-04, 06:36 AM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

given the look of new 5 bimmer and upcomming GS i think this audi will be my next car. AWD and v8 will make me happy camper. damn i think i'm getting old.
Old 02-17-04, 06:44 AM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Old 02-17-04, 07:44 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sigh. Guess the new GS isn't so bad after all looking at this and the new 5.
Old 02-17-04, 08:22 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I dont like the front facia at all
Old 02-17-04, 08:34 AM
LexFather

At the Geneva Auto Show Audi will unveil its new A6 sedan, but in the meantime the Germans have release the first pictures and all the details. With the new generation of the A6 Audi aims at the top position in the segment and as such, brings with it five new engines, advanced transmission technology and the choice of front-wheel drive or quattro all-wheel drive.

From now on, all new Audis will wear the large grille that debuted last year on the Nuvolari concept car. The A8 W-12 was the first production model with the new look. But apart from the more pronounced front, the design of the A6 is still familiar. The rear has a very small integrated spoiler for additional down force.

A first for Audi here is the combination of xenon daytime running lights and active cornering lights, which uses very little energy and do not have any influence on the fuel efficiency.
The wheelbase of the new A6 has grown 3.1 inch to 111.8 inches. The length of the car measures 193.7 inches (up 4.7); the width is 73.2 inches (up 1.9); the height of 57.4 inches is practically the same. The added inches mean extra legroom for the front passengers and rear passengers. Up front the shoulder room is up nearly an inch and over an inch in the rear.

For the new generation Audi has five new powertrains available, three petrol and two diesel engines (2.0 TDI and 2.0 TDI V-6). The basic petrol version is the 2.4-liter V-6 with 177 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. Then there is the 3.2-liter V-6 FSI with 255 hp and torque of 243 lb-ft. The top version is the 4.2-liter V-8 with 355 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque. The latter is the slightly reworked powerplant of the S4. The engines are teamed to a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic transmission. The V-8 and the V-6 are available with the six-speed Tiptronic. The Multitronic transmission that debuted in the A6 2.8 in 2000 is also available with - and that's new - seven shift stages in the Tiptronic mode.

The 4.2 and the 3.0 TDI diesels come standard with quattro all-wheel drive, whereas quattro will be an option on the 3.2 FSI.

Although there were rumors that the A6 would have an all-aluminum body, Audi still uses a steel one. Torsional stiffness of the A6 has been improved by 34 percent, which has advantages for the NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) and driving dynamics. To provide excellent driving capabilities Audi uses a multi-link front suspension and the same self-tracking trapezoidal-link rear suspension as in the A8. From 2005 the new A6 will be available with adaptive air suspension with air spring elements and adaptive damping front and rear.

The interior of the A6 has been changed notably. By using an electro mechanical parking brake, the handbrake lever is eliminated and the center console is high and wide. The MMI display is integrated beneath the dashboard cover. A larger leather-covered steering wheel is now used in the A6, which comes standard with climate control and a rain- and light sensor. Adaptive cruise control and a tire pressure monitor will be optional. In Europe the new A6 will be available in May; in the U.S. the car will hit the showrooms later this year. Prices are not known yet.

Source: The Car Connection

Old 02-17-04, 09:16 AM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

grill looks like a bugatti
Old 02-17-04, 10:21 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i see an **** in the center. another i-drive euro car? let's strating making u-drive system.
it looks much better than the current A6. but it will be in my last list if i am shopping for 45K+ seden just because it's very very extremely out-dated interior (seeing a lot of squared patterns are no fun these days). i mean what are they thinking. eveydriver spend most of their time INSIDE the car. not looking at the car. the interior is crucial to the every car. honestly, the TL or ES330's interiors are much nicer than this one.

Quick Reply: The new Audi A6!!