Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Body Kit Finally Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-04, 03:52 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this thread I just realized that a lot of people bought their Lexus for other reasons than mine obviously. I bought it because I wanted a high quality luxury car and that’s the way I try to mod it.
/Freddo

Last edited by fboukari; 04-06-04 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-06-04, 05:34 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RU-INAW - The reason why I posted what I had and what I paid for it wasn't to "show off" (notice my handle isn't BOW-DWN2ME) but to debunk your insinuation that I'm a hypocrite (talking about buying quality and spending the money for it yet not actually doing it). As you can see, you were DEAD wrong. You'll also notice I'm not starting threads ever couple of weeks to "show off" my new mod of what not...it's not about "look at what I have and what you don't have" so please, get off that.

If you want to look into hypocrisy, examine your reply to Jon and then read your reply to me (the longer one)....I'll help ya out here... RU-INAW said "...you couldn't get your point across in a tactful way?" Evidently, you can't either. Also, what is wrong with someone agreeing with me? From the emails I get, I can assure you that I'm not the only that follows this school of thought. I'm just able to voice it w/o care. I also don't see how my opinion is the "bandwagon" as there are many more people who think like you do....the people that agree with me are jumping OFF the bandwagon....

Look, you OBVIOUSLY miss my point completely. You are so blinded by your own justification for buying crap that you don't see the big picture I'm trying to show everyone. If you car truly is an expression of you, what does it say when you buy knock-off and/or low quality items? Is that how you run the rest of your life? Do you buy fake Guess shirts and fake Steve Madden shoes too? Again, you miss the point. This isn't about modding for someone else. This isn't about spending a shedload of cash (expensive does not always = the best). This is about doing your hobby with passion. People who buy fake wheels (or fake body kits) do so for the same reason why people buy fake Rolexes. To show off. Instead of buying a nice Fortis or Oris or something of that nature, they need to "fake the funk" and buy something that LOOKS like something they can't afford.

My point is, is that there's no need to do that. There is nothing wrong with NOT modding your car or modding it slowly. Sure, it's nice to have everything at once but there's nothing wrong with buying wheels and then waiting to install them until you get a good set of coilovers. The problem is that a lot of people have ZERO patiences. They need "instant" gratification.

If the all mighty dollar is running your life completely , maybe you shouldn't have hobbies that drain your money. If I'm interested in a hobby that I can not afford yet, then I just read and read and absorb information so that when the day comes where I can afford to do it, I skip over the money draining "learning curve"...but again, most people need instant gratification.

--

Just to give you an example of I how approach my hobbies, I've been wanting a IWC Zirconium Oxide (ceramic) Flieger Chronograph for nearly a decade (yes, 10 years). I was never able to afford one when they were still in production ($5500 which later rose to $5995) At the time, I was working a full time $7/hour job so this hobby was OBVIOUSLY out of my reach. So just read about it, bought watch magazines, books/reference manuals, learned about how mechanical watches functioned, what the different terms were, what to look for, etc., etc....

After I was able to get enough money to actually buy one, they were no more (there are less than 1000 ever made worldwide). So for years I've been searching for one. I did finally find one for sale on eBay (of all places) from someone is Hong Kong. The watch wasn't in the best condition and it was missing a few items (like paperwork) so I passed knowing I wouldn't be satisfied with it. The next time around, I found one for sale on one of the watch boards (a Clublexus for watches essentially)...but the seller seemed a little iffy so I again, I decided to pass....

Recently, I found a local seller who had a NIB (New In Box) one with everything legit (paperwork, manuals, etc.)...we talked and settled on a price and viola, I'm now wearing the watch I've been wanting for nearly a decade and I love it. It's everything I wanted and expected it to be. In the near 10 years that I was looking for this watch I have only seen these three for sale. But rather than giving into the instant gratification and taking the first one or worse, buying something "similar" but not exactly it, I decided to WAIT and I got exactly what I wanted in the end (and saved money to boot). I know this is a extreme example of perserverance but this is what it means to have PASSION in your hobbies....
Old 04-06-04, 05:58 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Richie, I love your tag line...."10K post and only one mod" HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! That's frickin' classic!

Hey, wanna come down and meet me while I'm in Egypt? I might also be in your part of town next year. You'll have to introduce me to your buddy that hangs out at the Nurenburgring... Do you know a place where we can rent a 911 Turbo? Bring a extra pair of clean boxers...and possibly a helmet.

fboukari - shame on your for doing such a think like modding your car with quality parts!

JohnGS4 - Back to your thread, I would recommend a spoked wheel such as the Aeros, Flux, or Sprints. Clean and geometric. Don't get LD1's...they're played out, they're heavy, and I think the LSportline body kit looks better with sportier wheels....

Last edited by Manaray; 04-06-04 at 05:59 PM.
Old 04-06-04, 06:13 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by beauphus
Where the hell are the pics of the body kit???
Yes!! Where are the pics???................

Last edited by Technics; 04-06-04 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-06-04, 07:18 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

It's gettin hot in herre.....

I love Manaray.....
Old 04-06-04, 09:03 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Here is the link to the pics of my Body Kit

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...p?ppuser=23468
Old 04-07-04, 08:17 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Manaray
Hey, wanna come down and meet me while I'm in Egypt? I might also be in your part of town next year. You'll have to introduce me to your buddy that hangs out at the Nurenburgring... Do you know a place where we can rent a 911 Turbo? Bring a extra pair of clean boxers...and possibly a helmet.

Oh wow, you just had to post about you going to Egypt and wanting to rent a 911 Turbo, but you're not showing off right! Right??????????????? Don't tell me you waited 10 years and saved up for that?

fboukari - shame on your for doing such a think like modding your car with quality parts!

Yah shame on you for doing that.......

-R-
Old 04-07-04, 08:37 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by JohnGS4
Here is the link to the pics of my Body Kit

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...p?ppuser=23468
Cant lose with the Lsport kit, but I have to be honest, I do not care for the wheels bro! I think they are totally taking attention away from the car!

Good luck with the rest of your project!
Old 04-07-04, 08:52 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default hahaha

love to see more threads like this in clublexus, not enough noise lately. Manaray has tore alot of people a new bunghole...can i say bung. but the proof is in the pudding, his cars are tight, classy, and well made, all of us have well made and classy cars, and we should all want each other to do the best to them, we represent each other every time we drive around...Thats why i got some Giovanna's!!!! hhheeehhahaa !!!

p.s. but their forged
Old 04-07-04, 10:27 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hmmmmm.......

Originally posted by Manaray
RU-INAW - The reason why I posted what I had and what I paid for it wasn't to "show off" (notice my handle isn't BOW-DWN2ME) but to debunk your insinuation that I'm a hypocrite (talking about buying quality and spending the money for it yet not actually doing it). As you can see, you were DEAD wrong. You'll also notice I'm not starting threads ever couple of weeks to "show off" my new mod of what not...it's not about "look at what I have and what you don't have" so please, get off that.

---We'll get to that "BOW-DWN2ME" later.....you're way off Mana....I was implying that you are the main culprit crap of "You drive a Lexus" ish....next subject.....

If you want to look into hypocrisy, examine your reply to Jon and then read your reply to me (the longer one)....I'll help ya out here... RU-INAW said "...you couldn't get your point across in a tactful way?" Evidently, you can't either. Also, what is wrong with someone agreeing with me? From the emails I get, I can assure you that I'm not the only that follows this school of thought. I'm just able to voice it w/o care. I also don't see how my opinion is the "bandwagon" as there are many more people who think like you do....the people that agree with me are jumping OFF the bandwagon....

---But you know what? I was man enough to go back and apologize to him....maybe I should have said "Get off the D---"! But stupid me I wasn't being tactful....next....

Look, you OBVIOUSLY miss my point completely. You are so blinded by your own justification for buying crap that you don't see the big picture I'm trying to show everyone. If you car truly is an expression of you, what does it say when you buy knock-off and/or low quality items? Is that how you run the rest of your life? Do you buy fake Guess shirts and fake Steve Madden shoes too? Again, you miss the point. This isn't about modding for someone else. This isn't about spending a shedload of cash (expensive does not always = the best). This is about doing your hobby with passion. People who buy fake wheels (or fake body kits) do so for the same reason why people buy fake Rolexes. To show off. Instead of buying a nice Fortis or Oris or something of that nature, they need to "fake the funk" and buy something that LOOKS like something they can't afford.

---So you're telling me that because I buy knock-offs my life is ruined? I'll be the first to admit that I buy knock-offs... Whatever man, I can't see paying 5000.00 for wheels when I can buy some that look the same so what they are knock-offs. Big deal...and it's not to show off, hell me sitting in the car alone tells alot about me, I know where I stand in life, I'm not no baller and don't claim to be. People can still mod with "Passion" but like me I'm more for the common sense. I have sense enough to know that if I want HRE's then I would get it, but why? Oh that's right, I don't want to go around and be the "Fake the funk" type of person, so if buying knock-offs is a expression of what I'm worth or how I feel towards my "Passion" of modding my car, then I'll take common sense anytime over buying high dollar items that later be can taken away from me i.e. stolen....whatever moving on....

My point is, is that there's no need to do that. There is nothing wrong with NOT modding your car or modding it slowly. Sure, it's nice to have everything at once but there's nothing wrong with buying wheels and then waiting to install them until you get a good set of coilovers. The problem is that a lot of people have ZERO patiences. They need "instant" gratification.

---So what they want "Instant gratification" but who are you to shoot them down or talk down to them when they buy knock-offs or ask for advice? Next....

Just to give you an example of I how approach my hobbies, I've been wanting a IWC Zirconium Oxide (ceramic) Flieger Chronograph for nearly a decade (yes, 10 years). I was never able to afford one when they were still in production ($5500 which later rose to $5995) At the time, I was working a full time $7/hour job so this hobby was OBVIOUSLY out of my reach. So just read about it, bought watch magazines, books/reference manuals, learned about how mechanical watches functioned, what the different terms were, what to look for, etc., etc....

After I was able to get enough money to actually buy one, they were no more (there are less than 1000 ever made worldwide). So for years I've been searching for one. I did finally find one for sale on eBay (of all places) from someone is Hong Kong. The watch wasn't in the best condition and it was missing a few items (like paperwork) so I passed knowing I wouldn't be satisfied with it. The next time around, I found one for sale on one of the watch boards (a Clublexus for watches essentially)...but the seller seemed a little iffy so I again, I decided to pass....

Recently, I found a local seller who had a NIB (New In Box) one with everything legit (paperwork, manuals, etc.)...we talked and settled on a price and viola, I'm now wearing the watch I've been wanting for nearly a decade and I love it. It's everything I wanted and expected it to be. In the near 10 years that I was looking for this watch I have only seen these three for sale. But rather than giving into the instant gratification and taking the first one or worse, buying something "similar" but not exactly it, I decided to WAIT and I got exactly what I wanted in the end (and saved money to boot). I know this is a extreme example of perserverance but this is what it means to have PASSION in your hobbies....

---Here's the "BOW-DWN2ME", look ma I'm wearing 5500.00 on my wrist.... you see now would I walk around with a 5500.00 watch? To show people that I'm a baller, whatever alot of people have been killed over stupid ish like that...that's a hobby of yours, and it seems like you have the funds more power to you! Whoopee....no one held a gun to your head and told you to get the '01 before it came out, no one told you to buy the Aero kit and get it shipped from Japan, you choose to do that, does that make me less of a man because I didn't follow in your footsteps?

-R-

Last edited by R.U. IN AW?; 04-07-04 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-07-04, 10:58 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gee guys, as entertaining as this is, can you take it to PM? This thread has totally been hijacked.

I've been around long enough to know how Manaray is. He definitely has the capacity to rub you the wrong way. I've had dealings and have met him. He is a straight up guy, for better or for worse. You are not going to change his attitude no matter what you say.

If you mod your car to how you like, who cares what Manaray says? Be happy with your decision and leave it at that. Why let one guy get you all excited? You post your mods and other members congratulate you. Why would this one opinion matter so much that this whole exchange needed to happen?

Let Manaray mod his car his way, you mod your car your way, and just agree to disagree.

Note - I'm not directing this at any particular individual. When I refer to "you", I mean anyone who is letting Manaray get to you. Life's too short...

And John, congrats on your install. I used to like the LD-1s but have grown out of that style. For awhile, they were really popular but got completely played out. I have not heard too much on them recently so maybe the hiatus did them good. I still would not get it now for my car, though. If you like it though, go for it. Get something that you will appreciate everytime you go and get in your car. You know you have to pause to admire it for a second before getting in.

Last edited by Neo; 04-07-04 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-07-04, 11:28 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Cant lose with the Lsport kit, but I have to be honest, I do not care for the wheels bro! I think they are totally taking attention away from the car!

Good luck with the rest of your project!
Thanks for the pics of the whole kit. Looks great!
Like what D said, your wheels are taking the attention away from the rest of the bootiful car.
I love that L-Sportline kit!!! Since they're poly-u, were there any fitting issues?
How much was the painting? Was the color matching good also?
Old 04-07-04, 12:36 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the kit...

not liking those rims at all...looks like a set found at a swap meet.
Old 04-07-04, 12:51 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

RU - You know, there is no point in explaining things to you. You just don't get it. Like I said before, you're so wrapped up in the justification of buying knock-offs that you don't see the bigger picture. No matter what I say, you'll use every excuse and misdirection you can...

The bottom line is that if you're trying to use "common sense" as an excuse, you should think about selling your Lexus and buying a Toyota. That's where the "common sense" is....Lexus is a LUXURY car. LUXURY is NOT ABOUT COMMON SENSE....eh, you just don't get it....

You need to get off the Haterade....you know, people like you are the reason why I don't contribute too much to this forum anymore. Just clueless and so desperate to justify their desperate choices. I'm here to help people make good choices but spending time trying to explain things that shouldn't need much explaining...well, let's just say that I don't get paid enough to do that (hmmm, I don't get paid at all....where's my stapler?)

Last edited by Manaray; 04-07-04 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-07-04, 01:39 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Manaray....

Don't hold back brother !! Now tell him what's really on your mind !!!

Quick Reply: Body Kit Finally Installed...