Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Body Kit Finally Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-04, 11:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Manaray
Again, what people will do the justify crappy products they bought.....I suppose a Kogi LCD monitor is "better" than a NEC LCD monitor because you like "looks" of the Kogi.....? "Looks good to me"...ha....

Kitanas are mostly knock-offs so the "look" you like probably exists as a quality wheel somewhere else. So what's your excuse now? Oh yeah, you don't buy quality. You're in it strictly for the "looks"....you're right, there are lot of people here who are focused too much on price...

GSNav - You can't even do the Snap-on vs. Craftsman comparison. It's more like Snap-ov vs. some no name crap from who-knows-where....at least with Craftsman, they give a lifetime warranty and they stand behind their products. How many low end wheel companies stand behind their products?

Snap-on would be more like the iForged, Kinesis, HRE, Fikse, Work, Rays type wheels, Craftsman is more like the high quality cast wheels from Hart, Weds, Arrow, etc....the no-namers are like Kitana, Konig, G-Racing, etc....

But I agree, for some tools, Snap-on (and Mac) is the way to go...for other though, Craftsman works just fine.

Henry - It's ALL FAKE in 2F2F....but that's how the movies are....there's a new movie coming out with Brad Pitt (I think) with some crazy car stuff...a bunch of fixed up BMW 5's (the last body style)...they're all suppose to be M5's but a lot of them get crashed and burned....out of the 10 or so cars, exactly 0 (ZERO) of them are real M5's. I was there while they were squibbing the cars (installing little exposive charges under the sheet metal that explode on cue to make it look like gunshot holes...there's no real bullets flying around) so I got to see all of them....horrible Colorado Custom wheels (Colorado Custom shouldn't even be allowed to make a wheel with a BMW, or Lexus, bolt pattern...they should stick to American cars/trucks)....but hey, that's what the director wanted....
very true mike, it's all about the movie. hack, in the movie (tomorrow never dies?), the z8 was fake anyway as well
Old 04-10-04, 12:28 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Manaray
Again, what people will do the justify crappy products they bought.....I suppose a Kogi LCD monitor is "better" than a NEC LCD monitor because you like "looks" of the Kogi.....? "Looks good to me"...ha....

Kitanas are mostly knock-offs so the "look" you like probably exists as a quality wheel somewhere else. So what's your excuse now? Oh yeah, you don't buy quality. You're in it strictly for the "looks"....you're right, there are lot of people here who are focused too much on price...

GSNav - You can't even do the Snap-on vs. Craftsman comparison. It's more like Snap-ov vs. some no name crap from who-knows-where....at least with Craftsman, they give a lifetime warranty and they stand behind their products. How many low end wheel companies stand behind their products?

Snap-on would be more like the iForged, Kinesis, HRE, Fikse, Work, Rays type wheels, Craftsman is more like the high quality cast wheels from Hart, Weds, Arrow, etc....the no-namers are like Kitana, Konig, G-Racing, etc....

But I agree, for some tools, Snap-on (and Mac) is the way to go...for other though, Craftsman works just fine.

Henry - It's ALL FAKE in 2F2F....but that's how the movies are....there's a new movie coming out with Brad Pitt (I think) with some crazy car stuff...a bunch of fixed up BMW 5's (the last body style)...they're all suppose to be M5's but a lot of them get crashed and burned....out of the 10 or so cars, exactly 0 (ZERO) of them are real M5's. I was there while they were squibbing the cars (installing little exposive charges under the sheet metal that explode on cue to make it look like gunshot holes...there's no real bullets flying around) so I got to see all of them....horrible Colorado Custom wheels (Colorado Custom shouldn't even be allowed to make a wheel with a BMW, or Lexus, bolt pattern...they should stick to American cars/trucks)....but hey, that's what the director wanted....
You guys are free for a week now, I think he is leaving out of the country.
Old 04-10-04, 10:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by LordoftheCelsiors
You guys are free for a week now, I think he is leaving out of the country.
hahhaa ONLY for a week?