Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Scion tC price announced

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-04, 06:40 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hyundai still has a very long ways to go. Their designs are not overly stylish and their drivetrains weak and easily broken. They are cheap cars and offer equal or better reliability than most US built cars (i mean, who doesnt?) but if you look at the lack of power their flagship car the XG350 has, it doesnt say very much for the brand. Inexpensive basic transportation.... and people can keep buying them for new even though a used lexus costs roughly the same

And yes, the echo is not much of a car. My freind's is a 2000 and it already sound like an old car (most likely parts of his exhaust header have rusted out, making a raspy, old $H!T-box sound when accelerating) I actually cleaned the entire interior of his car last weekend for $50 because I could not stand to see it like that anymore (completely uncleaned in 4 years of ownership.)
Old 04-08-04, 07:14 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daaa****nn!!!!! This is way cool. My first car was a 2000 Celica (how I end up driving an ES300 now is another story though ) and if this Scion was available then I would've taken this over the Celica in a heartbeat.

Here's 7 pages of photos I found in the Toyota pressroom:
http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_li...&kw=scion%20tc

However, to view the pictures in high resolution you need a username and a password available only to the media. I wonder if anyone here has an account to share those hi-res pictures with us.

It does look like a mini-IS doesn't it?

The tail makes it look like a coupe when it's really a hatchback, much better done than the Celica IMO:

The roof is pretty cool:

The wheels look pretty high grade:

And when will THIS be available to, say, a Lexus??? (Kinda makes us Lexus guys do some Scion conversion eh?)

Last edited by XeroK00L; 04-08-04 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-08-04, 07:25 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The forum doesn't allow me to include too many images in one post but please pardon me for just wanting to comment on some of the pictures...so here comes the continuation of my previous reply:

Love the console layout, BIG (and wait, is that the Smart Key?):

The hatchback design was one of my favorite features of the Celica but this just totally beats it...look at that space:

Looks good from behind too:

Somehow the Scion badge doesn't make it under the hood:

Last edited by XeroK00L; 04-08-04 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-10-04, 02:03 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Thumbs up

Talgrl626, here's another set of new wheels for you to look at.
Old 04-10-04, 02:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by dj.ctwatt
Are you friggin kidding? If CHP were to use Toyota's, how on Earth will we see them coming and be able to slow down in time? No no no, I hope they are happy with their stick-out-like-a-sore-thumb crown-vic interceptors. Now if only they would paint themselves hot pink for better visibility and "safety" reasons, I would be all set.
PINK cop-cars? Come on, that would be pushing it......even in San Francisco.
DayGlow Orange is probably the best color for visibility....which is why the Coast Guard uses it for rescue ships and aircraft.
Old 04-10-04, 05:08 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Does anyone know the amount of trunkroom there is with the seats folded down?

I am loving this car more and more everytime I see it..... this WILL be my next car, that might be a while down the road, but the tC is awesome!
Old 04-10-04, 09:17 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mmarshall
PINK cop-cars? Come on, that would be pushing it......even in San Francisco.
heh, that's pretty funny. can you imagine the reaction of the crimnals when they see a pink cop car pulling up?
Old 04-10-04, 10:40 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Yeah, yellow and orange are probably better for visibility, but nothing makes your head turn(whether in strange admiration or disgust) like a pink car.
Old 04-11-04, 10:20 PM
TCwindom
Pole Position

i've actually been thinking of getting rid of my ES and getting the tC, me and 1sicklex talked about that not too long ago. I reallyl like the car for the price... and since I'm still going through school, I need something affordable and under warranty. ES is having too many problems. We'll see how things go though... because my ES dreams aren't dying. But, if problems persist... I'll have to throw it out.