Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Now that the M45 doesn't look like a Lincoln Continetal, how will it fare?
Sell Well, as people will think it's a Lexus, like the Maxima and Altima.
77.20%
Depends. Since the current M45 has sold maybe 4 cars in a year, selling 8 cars is DOUBLING SALES!
0.43%
Poorly, as people will they it's the new BMW M 4.5, between the awesome M3 and M5 and not an Infinity.
0.59%
How many VQ engines do they make? Heck, how many stretched 350Z platforms do they make?
0.62%
We pray it's not built in Mississippi like the Infinity QX 56.
21.17%
Voters: 101862. You may not vote on this poll

Will people finally spell Infiniti right instead of Infinity?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-04, 12:25 AM
theRain04
To Infinity and Beyond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 GS4 vs. 2006 M45

Finally Infiniti has a worthy competitor. Do u think people will spell Infiniti Right now. Here is a poll.

Last edited by LexFather; 04-08-04 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-08-04, 05:12 AM
chrisgaddy
Driver School Candidate

I hate the taillight design on the M45, but I think the front-end is very nice.
Old 04-08-04, 05:40 AM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.Even with the added hp Infiniti will be up against Lexus proven track record and great resale values. With hybrid motor to follow in the GS performance and mpg will tilt towards Lexus

Competition is a good thing, BMW will feel the pinch.

Last edited by jimxo; 04-08-04 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-08-04, 06:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

I won't vote on this poll until all the details and specs are out and after I've seen both cars in person.
I thought they botched the design of the new GS & I don't like the changes made from the Fuga concept for the M45 neither, but still the M45 looks better inside & out, but the GS will probably be technologically superior with the hybrid option.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-08-04 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-08-04, 09:09 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably won't seriously consider the M45 unless wood trim is an option. Then I will wait and see how consumer report rates it.
Old 04-08-04, 09:52 AM
theRain04
To Infinity and Beyond

hmm, why was my poll altered ?? What does seeing specs have to do with visual attractiveness ?? My question was which car is MORE attractive-looking from the pics we have seen ? I did not ask which one would you buy, which would then raise the question of specs and details. I think pretty much everyone could make up their mind on which car they think is better looking from the pictures, unless of course they are blind.
Old 04-08-04, 02:07 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by chrisgaddy
ditto
Old 04-08-04, 02:31 PM
theRain04
To Infinity and Beyond

Originally posted by chrisgaddy
I think the rear is nicer than the new GS's. They never should have gotten rid of the quad taillights
Old 04-08-04, 03:25 PM
theRain04
To Infinity and Beyond

Thumbs down

wow, in only 20 minutes all of a sudden 26 people just happened to decide to vote for the new GS instead of the M45... hmmmm, seems like some vote tampering going on if you ask me

I guess those who though there should be a 3rd option on my poll, also thought that the M45 was competing too closely with the GS4. Sad that people can't express themselves freely on this board without the ClubLexus Police tampering with everything
Old 04-08-04, 03:29 PM
theRain04
To Infinity and Beyond

WOW, now suddenly Infiniti is now spelled "Infinity" and the 11 posted votes for the M45 magically went down to 6. You moderators are SICK. What's the matter, can't stand the competition ? I've lost all faith in this board !
Old 04-08-04, 03:31 PM
theRain04
To Infinity and Beyond

FYI people, the moderators on this board manipulate the votes to look a certain way.
Old 04-08-04, 04:07 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by theRain04
wow, in only 20 minutes all of a sudden 26 people just happened to decide to vote for the new GS instead of the M45... hmmmm, seems like some vote tampering going on if you ask me

I guess those who though there should be a 3rd option on my poll, also thought that the M45 was competing too closely with the GS4. Sad that people can't express themselves freely on this board without the ClubLexus Police tampering with everything
I voted for the GS4 because I absolutely cannot stand the rear of the M45. I think it's horrendous... but the rest of the car looks great.

As far as vote tampering.... I'm not sure that's whats going on here. Why is it so suspicious that in 20 minutes 26 people viewed this thread and voted for the GS? This is Lexus board, you should expect a little bit of bias for a Lexus car. I cannot speak for the amount of votes for the M45 going from 11 to 6 as this is the first time I have seen the poll, but my guess is that 5 people that voted for the M45 sent a message to a moderator asking to change their vote to the 3rd option. And why is the 3rd option a bad thing? You did not specify in the original post that it was only about looks, but rather you stated that later on, AFTER the poll was altered. If you do not state that, people are going to look at the car overall, e.g. Stats, specs, things like that. If you do not make it clear that you are basing the poll on looks alone, how is someone supposed to know? Many people on this board take much more into consideration when buying a car other than looks alone, which is why many of us ended up with a Lexus. Anyone who buys a car completely based on looks alone needs to be

Seems to me this thread is very close to getting If you have issues with this board, it would be best to take it up with private messages to the moderators, otherwise threads not only get completely off topic, but can easily be closed as well.
Old 04-08-04, 04:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I added the additional option at SexySC's suggestion in the post above earlier today; thought it was a very good idea. That's what I also voted for. Internet pictures and unknown specs are just not enough information to choose.

I did NOT change the spelling of Infiniti.

I did NOT tamper with the votes, there have been over 200 views of this thread and this IS a Lexus forum (if you haven't noticed) so there might just be a teeny bit of bias to our membership. You can yourself until you are lightly bruised on your way over to freshalloy .

Signed,
The Police

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-08-04 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-08-04, 04:29 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

How can somebody decide to buy a car when they havent even seen a review. Ridicoulous.
Nissan was "special" when they had the 3.5L VQ, now Acura has a 3.5L. IMO the 3.2L TL is better than the 3.5L in stock form at least.

Lexus needs a 3.5L and a super handling AWD unit too. Cant get behind the competition now.
Old 04-08-04, 05:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

. . .. .
I guess those who though there should be a 3rd option on my poll, also thought that the M45 was competing too closely with the GS4. Sad that people can't express themselves freely on this board

I didn't think your question on this poll is all that clear to begin with, being "attractive" doesn't necessary mean good looking alone, but can be used to describe the total package as a whole.
I've said on my above post very clearly that I thought the new M45 looks better than the new GS inside & out, so at no time did I feel I'm not totally free to express my opinions in this forum.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-08-04 at 05:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Will people finally spell Infiniti right instead of Infinity?????