Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

who here used to be a RICER?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-04, 11:57 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Baby ///M3
Seriously. None of you is a ricer.

I personally think that DIY mesh grill on the black Accord actually looks pretty decent.

In my area, the true ricers are those who cut corners, spent minimal amounts of money, and have no taste in modding their cars.

Examples are cars such as Accords, and Integras running around with cut springs, stock black spare rims, unpainted hood, unpainted fiberglass body kits that are all banged up, and a bunch of dings and dents on the car body.

Why would anyone want to make his/her car look like this? If I were in high school and do not have the money to make my Integra a magazine quality modified car, I'd rather keep it clean, stock, and maintain it well. At least you make yourself more presentable to people this way.

Jon
well said Jon

u see my car looks stock and i maintain it very well ( meaning i dont have money)
Old 04-09-04, 12:12 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Actually, it just means that you have a better taste than the so called ricers.

Jon

Originally posted by ISinnXL
well said Jon

u see my car looks stock and i maintain it very well ( meaning i dont have money)
Old 04-09-04, 12:18 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Baby ///M3
Actually, it just means that you have a better taste than the so called ricers.

Jon
LOL ok i have a good taste
but i dont see a problem with rice out cars
they are doing their things and i totally dont have a problem with them
i mean if they are happy with what they are doing, just go for it.
that's what i believe.
no rice or rice , we all love our cars
Old 04-09-04, 12:29 AM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

No one is stepping up and admitting that he/she was a ricer? Well, I admit that I was a big ricer. Emphasis on "WAS". Now that I look back, I think to myself, "what the hell was I thinking" but then I realize that I wasn't.

This was my 94 Honda Accord LX 5 spd with 140k miles. I regret ricing it out but I must admit that I did enjoy driving it. Can you believe that after I crashed this, I sold it on ebay for $1300?

Old 04-09-04, 12:29 AM
kirby122
Pole Position

oh man, being in la where it seems riceyness started... i'm always whenever i drive... there is not one time i drive without seeing a riced out car even if i drive for 5 min....
Old 04-09-04, 01:56 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by kirby122
oh man, being in la where it seems riceyness started... i'm always whenever i drive... there is not one time i drive without seeing a riced out car even if i drive for 5 min....
SO true, yet so sad.

I have the feeling you're not exactly in LA....I only say this because I am, and I see/hear them when I step out of my apartment.

Last edited by BR1AN; 04-09-04 at 01:59 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 07:32 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

i used to have a 02' honda civic ex. put a nice system in it that was the begging and end of my riceness.... and then i totalled my car.

~ Stella
Old 04-09-04, 07:40 AM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by ISinnXL
LOL ok i have a good taste
but i dont see a problem with rice out cars
they are doing their things and i totally dont have a problem with them
i mean if they are happy with what they are doing, just go for it.
that's what i believe.
no rice or rice , we all love our cars
lol same here..but its when they start disrespecting my car.
Old 04-09-04, 09:03 AM
kirby122
Pole Position

Originally posted by BR1AN
SO true, yet so sad.

I have the feeling you're not exactly in LA....I only say this because I am, and I see/hear them when I step out of my apartment.
haha... ya caught me, i'm not exactly in LA, but not too far off... i'm in SFV and work in SGV so i definitely get my share of rice for my commute.....

and as for my rice denial... i will come out with it... i was a ricer with the decals and the stock blacks running in the front to only have the rears covered with hubcaps.... wth was i thinking? lol but the riceyness has since left my system... thankfully
Old 04-09-04, 04:43 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok... you guys ready for this?
Started out with a 97 Camaro V6... stock except for H&R's and a Flowmaster. Then I got a 98 SS from a friend who worked for Chevy and had it all customized from the parts bin. Then things got ugly. The ricer bug hit me and I ended up getting a 91Civic Si... great car with the right suspension, but by the time I was done with it it had gone from silver to primered white and black... not to mention other symptoms of the disease. After dumping that I got a 95 Civic LX 4-door. The list on that car included: Bomz muffler, AEM short ram, Bomz wing, air horns, Accell plug wires, H&R springs, Bomz shift ****, Bomz corner lights. One day I just woke up and realized I was driving the car that I would make fun of when I was in the Camaro. Came to my senses and bought my baby... best one yet.
Old 04-09-04, 05:11 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Had a 95 Accord V6 EX dark green with self installed foglights, clear corner & bumper lens, lower with Neuspeed on stock alloy wheels........and couple stickers
Old 04-09-04, 05:26 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
Had a 95 Accord V6 EX dark green with self installed foglights, clear corner & bumper lens, lower with Neuspeed on stock alloy wheels........and couple stickers
I wanted to V6 But i didnt know they had one until I had already bought my car
Old 04-10-04, 02:49 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

i was in high school from 89 - 93. when did ricing start anyway? if ricing cars were around during my years in high school and i knew about it, i probably would have become one...

maybe it was around during my time, maybe i was just not hanging around with the "cool" people.

ahh, it's all about being at the RICE place at the RICE time...should fast and furious had come out during my high school years, i would be a recovering ricer.

how do you define a ricer anyway? IMHO, i think a truly riced out car must include the wing for take-off.

well, i do like to eat lots of white rice all the time...in that sense, i admit it, i am a ricer.

Last edited by darden; 04-10-04 at 02:50 AM.
Old 04-10-04, 03:09 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Ricey...that brings back memories.
Import parts were slim but in those early '80's TRD USA supported a car. Race wheels of the day for my RA42 Celica was 14" rally type. Engine parts abound and still do for the 20/22R inline 4. Sadly, I missed out on new Mikuni carbs.

About as rice as it got was the black contact paper on the front windscreen with the funky "heart beat" pin stripe tape. No big exhaust was around but TRD still had stickers. (I didn't put on any though.) Only sticker was "Cinelli" on the back window.

Here is how it looked in the late 80's and today. Shaved emblems, blacked-out trim and a few engine stuffs.
Attached Thumbnails who here used to be a RICER?-celica.jpg  
Old 04-10-04, 06:16 AM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

Nice car RA40! I guess u always had good taste

Quick Reply: who here used to be a RICER?