Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Wife backed into my LS

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-04, 01:50 PM
Murph
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife backed into my LS

Well my wife says it was an accident. I don't think I had ticked her off recently so i guess I believe her. I always take the garage and she parks her van outside. For some reason she took the garage the other night and I was in the driveway. She was backing out of the garage in the AM and went to turn around ( my driveway is 300 ft long) and wham , the right rear corner of her Chrysler Town & Country LTD takes out my left front fender and drivers door. There was 30 feet of clearance for her to get by me but Oh Well..

My friend in the auto body repair biz gave me a $2000 price to fix. That's OK but now my LS has lost its' "dent virginity". He is an artist with metal and paint and it will look as good as new. If I wasn't his bud, he told me it would be over $3000!

I'm OK now but I need to go down to the basement and un-duct tape my wife from the wall....It's been a couple of days and I'm getting hungry

Murph
Old 04-14-04, 02:19 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

wow, dude. that definitely sucks. Maybe she just wasn't used to anything being behind her when she backs out?? No good excuse not to look where you're going, though. You don't HAVE to unduct tape her do you? There's always take-out food. he heh
Old 04-14-04, 02:53 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 356 Likes on 229 Posts

Don't feel bad, mine aims at mine for sport, it seems.
Old 04-14-04, 03:35 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

I'm OK now but I need to go down to the basement and un-duct tape my wife from the wall....It's been a couple of days and I'm getting hungry

hahah
Old 04-14-04, 03:48 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by O. L. T.
Sounds familiar except it's my mom always looking to hit mine.

-Anthony
Old 04-14-04, 04:02 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

That sucks...guess the garage WILL be off-limits for now on...and you may want to invest in one of those aftermarket GIANT rearview mirrors for the wife, at least after you release her from the basement.
Old 04-14-04, 04:48 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Maybe it just seems that way cause you have so many cars. Do you set them up in the drive way as an obstacle course?

Last edited by Vegassc400; 04-14-04 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-14-04, 07:24 PM
kmn5
Lead Lap

Deduct the $2,000 it will take to fix the car from the value of her future Birthday, Valentine's day, X-mas presents!
EG: "oh honey, I was gonna but u this nice <insert present here> which cost $500, but since u still owe 2,000 for the car, I'll just reduce the debt to $1,500 now!

It would be best to clip out a picture of what u would have gotten her and give that to her!
otherwise she won't feel it as much!!
Old 04-14-04, 07:51 PM
ligflava
Driver

Default Re: Wife backed into my LS

Originally posted by Murph
[

Murph [/B]
i would have used a nail gun

JUST KIDDING! but my car was rear ended by a domino effect 1 month after i picked it up. didn't even get my plates yet! the only saving grace was that i was at the beginning of the domino effect. at least you have a good body shop. hope it turns out okay.
Old 04-15-04, 09:06 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Murph
Murph

Sorry to hear the bad news, but this quote was just too funny! (thanks for the laugh)

Me, I know how to cook and do my own laundry, so she would still be there (my SO that is)..LOL!
Old 04-15-04, 12:15 PM
Murph
Pole Position

Thanks for the support! After 25 years of marriage, I've learned to roll with the flow. She puts up with alot from me (11 cars in 7 years) so I guess if this is the worst thing that happens I'm OK with it. She did go from sad to mad though when I asked what I thought was a fairly straight forward question. It was actually kind of rhetorical in nature. I asked her "Just how could you have been so f---ing stupid?" That was clearly a mistake.

To help things cool off, I'm off to Baltimore Thurs and Fri on business and then Orlando and Miami next week. By the time I get back, all will be well. As for deducting the $2K from future gifts, good thinking but when I come home with the next "Hey guess what I bought today?" that strategy loses water fast.

Thanks again everyone!

Murph
Old 04-15-04, 12:24 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Where in Miami are you headed?
Old 04-15-04, 06:56 PM
lexi101
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Wife backed into my LS

Originally posted by WhiteTiger
Murph

Sorry to hear the bad news, but this quote was just too funny! (thanks for the laugh)

Me, I know how to cook and do my own laundry, so she would still be there (my SO that is)..LOL!
hahaha i was gonna say u hungry?
Old 04-17-04, 10:37 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

hahahaha, this is too funny! sorry to hear about your car though.

It was actually kind of rhetorical in nature. I asked her "Just how could you have been so f---ing stupid?" That was clearly a mistake.
yeah, women don't like hearing that or the b-word even when they know whey they are being the b-word...so i guess you are back to ordering take-outs for a while...

Last edited by darden; 04-17-04 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-18-04, 12:48 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Murph
you should just eat macdonals and tacos

jk

Quick Reply: Wife backed into my LS