Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Scion- Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 09:16 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah. . . that's true too.

But you know, if the Element were painted all in ONE COLOR, it would look very very nice. Again, if I were in the market for it, I would rather have the Element(if it weren't painted Asstek and and one color/texture on it instead of two).
Old 04-22-04, 09:28 PM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

My wife does not like the Element. I told her to just go down to check it out but she does not want to. She is pretty set on the XB.

LXOGOOD- It is a lunch box on wheels. I told my wife that if we buy the car, we should get "LunchBox" on her license plates .

bluelex- I have checked into the modding and there are some things that I would like to do. I have to keep in mind that it is my wifes car and she will only let me do a few things to it since it is "HER" car. I want to get some wheels, an intake and a few other small things. I think she will go for a few tasteful mods. Would love to see pictures of your brothers XB.

JLSC4- The room in this car is amazing. I was shocked. I'm a big guy and I fit it this thing with no problem. I can't imagine modding an element either.
Old 04-22-04, 10:24 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the XB! Firstly that thing has very light. Although it is a matter of taste, the car is very clean yet agressive looking. Dump it on some 19's and it will look great. The interior is very nice too.
Old 04-22-04, 10:54 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My bro has xB too. It's a very cool car to drive. You get so much attention in that thing. Not the fastest car in the world but everything else is pretty good.

If you want a nice bodykit for the xB let me know I can get you some real nice hookups.
Old 04-23-04, 06:55 AM
Milla...

Ok I too have to say the thing is nice for a Lunchbox (I love that discription) Just change those wheels, please let that be your first mod.
Old 04-23-04, 08:40 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

this car is as ugly the honda element. lunchbox on wheels for real B. lol

~ Stella
Old 04-23-04, 09:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally posted by dj.ctwatt
Yeah. . . that's true too.

But you know, if the Element were painted all in ONE COLOR, it would look very very nice. Again, if I were in the market for it, I would rather have the Element(if it weren't painted Asstek and and one color/texture on it instead of two).
The Element is two-tone for a reason....those large gray cladded areas are NOT paint. That is vinyl cladding to ward off paint damage from brushes, debris, rocks, etc.... This also helps with the vehicle's
easy-design for hose-it-off cleaning.
Dimiscus, too bad your wife doesn't like the Element. I think she is missing a far better buy for the dollar than the xB, but hey, it's her preference, not ours.
Old 04-23-04, 12:41 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

I realise that it's convenient, but I'm sure that plastic seats would be functional as well, and if designed properly they can be quite comfortable, but the line between form and function IMO is not a fine one for automobiles. Or you could also attach a urine hose to your pants, so you never have to unzip. . . all that cladding is just plain ugly. If the Element fits your taste buds, then it is a great buy, but both the xB and the Element are already pushing the limits in terms of styling. Funky colors combinations are just too much for me. Yet the Element in black looks best I think, because it almost matches that plastic/vinyl stuff.
Old 04-23-04, 12:49 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by dj.ctwatt
I Pimped out and BLING FREE. Bling your girlfriend, not your car.
i love your signature

btw. i dont mind getting either element or xB. they are totally different cars (aside that they are lunch boxes) if you get Element, please get EX black. element comes with 2.4 i VTEC AWD and scion has 1.6 vvti FWD.
i would get white Xb and get white or bronze rims looks really nice but i wish that those xB were a little bit bigger
Old 04-23-04, 06:09 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Yeah thanks! You can probably tell I'm kinda conservative with mods and the like. The think most anyone who give the xB a serious shot will find thenmselves surprised. As hateful as I have been to the Element, you have to appreciate the efforst of Honda and Scion and maybe even the Asstek, well everything except the Asstek, for pushing the envelope in design. Sooner or later they will find out which designs work, and which ones don't. Either way we as consumers benefit.
scion
Old 04-23-04, 07:05 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

"Asstek"

LOL

Now that's what they should've called it.
Old 04-23-04, 08:40 PM
Dimiscus
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mmarshall

Dimiscus, too bad your wife doesn't like the Element. I think she is missing a far better buy for the dollar than the xB, but hey, it's her preference, not ours.
Thanks for the help with this. I am trying to get her down to drive the element and just see what she thinks and give her something to compare the Xb with. My concern with the Xb is how good is it in the snow. I know the element has an all wheel drive option but the Xb is front wheel drive and granted they have traction control I am still worried. Living in Colorado and getting some unexpected snow storms (like yesterday and today) I worry how good it is in the snow. Because I have a GS, I need a truck sometimes to get to work. The Xb is not the best option for this but I was wondering if it is bad or not. Does anyone know how the Xb is in the snow?

By the way, the Asstek is FUGLY. That is one car I would never buy period Great name by the way. Totally describes that thing.

Last edited by Dimiscus; 04-23-04 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-23-04, 08:51 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Snow huh? In that case, absolutely get 4WD. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in CA you need chains in snow if you don't have 4WD, and I HATE chains. A: it feels like the car is being and B: they are a pain to take on and off, not to mention impossible to clean(I hate rusty tire chains). I have RWD which is worse, and man, blizzard conditions in Lake Tahoe were downright scary. . . I felt like I was always drifting. . . not to mention being stuck in traffic for 12 hours(after new years) for a drive that usually takes 3-4). For snow 4WD can't be beat IMO, even with, is still dangerous in extreme weather. We got stuck once( a chain came off after me playing, spin the tires) in a ditch. After an hour of rocking back and forth and stuffing blankets, floormats, jackets, and blood into the ditch, we broke free. Correct me if I'm wrong, but rocking out (of a ditch) is almost impossible in FWD. Just from the hell I encountered and nearly missing my flight, I would never drive 2WD in a climate that regularly gets snow. . .