Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2004 Gumball 3000 (a message from Maximillion Cooper)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 01:21 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Gumball 3000 (a message from Maximillion Cooper)

Starting grid is closed!

I can already hear the roar of the engines
The 2004 Gumball 3000 is finally here! We are leaving from Paris May 5th. Everyone and all the cars will be departing from the George V Hotel in Paris. Here\'s the latest word from Maximillion Cooper, the originator of the rally:
The entry grid closed several weeks ago, and there are only 20 days to go until the chequered flag drops, so if you want to come to the start line and cheer off your favourite Gumballers in their amazing cars, now is the time to start making plans. The Rally kicks off in Paris on Wednesday May 5th and travels to Madrid, Marbella, Casablanca, Marrakech, Fez, Barcelona and then finishes in Cannes, 6 days and 3000 miles later. 165 cars are taking part including 65 Ferrari\'s (including 5 Enzos), 30 Lamborghini\'s, 3 McLaren F1\'s, 2 Laraki\'s, 1 Koenigsegg, 2 Pagani Zondas, and several Bentleys and Rolls Royces as well as many eccentric cars such as Hummers, Limousines, old American Muscle cars, Japanese modified vehicles and even a London Taxi.

Entrants have come from all over the world, with cars being shipped to the start line from Russia, China, South Africa, Brazil, the Middle East, USA, and of course all over Europe. We have Royal families and numerous celebrities and eccentric characters from film, music, sport and fashion. These include Paul Walker the star of the movies \'Fast & Furious\', music stars such as Goldie and Atomic Kitten, and France\'s own celebrity DJs David and Cathy Guetta, along with numerous pro skaters including Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Rob Dyrdek & Big Black, Josh Kalis, Jeremy Klein, and ***** Santos, and even Hollywood Oscar winning actor, star of The Pianist, Adrien Brody.

Described by Vogue as \'the most glamorous rally ever staged\' the ‘Gumball’ is unlike any other car event, and these 6 days will throw up all the thrills \'n\' spills of its inspirational 70s Cannonball Run movies, and much much more. With parties each night hosted by ‘Royalty and Rock’ stars together, as well as lapping the circuit at the Barcelona Grand Prix, burning rubber has never smelt so good!

Is Ryan Dunn the new Dom DeLouise? Will the Enzo\'s lead the pack or break down on the Paris ring road? Will Jodie Kidd get lost in the desert? Will Chris Eubank wear his monacle? And will the Jackass\'es play any pranks to disrupt Schuey’s concentration at the Spanish GP?

Stay tuned....

Maximillion

----------------------------

Looks like 5 Enzo's will be put to good use

Also, Paul Walker is part of the race this year... think he can live up to his racing skills in F&F? ;p

----------------------------
(Sometimes I'm not sure if I should put it in Car Chat or Clubhouse )

Last edited by Davtown; 04-22-04 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-22-04, 02:27 PM
Sleepyboi
Lead Lap

i hope someone puts together some good vid. footage....i remember some guys from the DTM board puttin together a pretty kick *** video.
Old 04-22-04, 03:11 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet mama jama… 5 Enzo’s!

I too hope they get some good footage. Heck, I’d even buy the DVD again! BTW, did they make a DVD for last years race?
Old 04-22-04, 03:24 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

OK, since I am jobless, who is up for a trip to cannes to see this thing end?
Old 04-22-04, 09:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh so this time it's back in europe huh
Old 04-22-04, 10:03 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

thats gonna be baddd ***!! cant wait to see the vid!
Old 04-23-04, 02:15 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

So, anyone comming?
Old 04-23-04, 02:48 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
oh so this time it's back in europe huh
Yep. I think Maximillian Cooper just decides where it's going to be each year.
Old 04-23-04, 09:39 PM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally posted by Overclocker
Sweet mama jama… 5 Enzo’s!

I too hope they get some good footage. Heck, I’d even buy the DVD again! BTW, did they make a DVD for last years race?

i'm pretty sure they did, i think last year's was mischief: invasion. ihave all four of them right now and i'm waitin for the fifth one to come out cuz i love the series. excellent coverage of the gumball and the canonball and the player's run. lovin those dvds