Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another FINE G35 Coupe...(merged G35c threads)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-04, 07:47 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DrRick
once again i do apologize. the past thread and the intensity of the carolina-dook game had me going. im going to bed............and dream about that car and what it would be like for UNC to win a close game. dadgummit!!!!!!!!

Doc
i understand what u'r talking about, i was watching the game too, that 3 to tie was amazing but no defense on the other end lost the game 4 u guys,

back 2 topic....is hertz going 2 rent both the 4dr and coupe?

Last edited by bluelex; 02-06-04 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-06-04, 02:37 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I worked on a project at Nissan North America for over a year (prior & during the launch of the G) and got to test drive it multiple times . It is a great car...exterior looks great, exhaust tone sounds great, BUT the interior is sooooooooooooo cheap! I guess I got a future look into what would happen to the interior over time....the employees just demolished parts of the interior by constantly trying everything out...the rear seats are small and the center console breaks easily in the back seat...the door panels just bugged the heck out of me...so much that it drove me to the Lexus dealer (I could of gotten a huge discount from Nissan on a G too).

I also had a chance to check out some awesome NISMO, HKS, etc... tuned Z's specifically for NNA. Overall, I thought that the interior of the Z was nicer then the G. ALso, the seats are a little tight for guys in the 6'4" + range...it's a lot narrower then a Lexus.

Overall, if they fixed some of these items, I would love to own one...they are definitely fun to drive (even better when you don't own it )

It's funny because there are sooooo many G's in my neighborhood (lot's of Nissan, Toyota & Honda folks live around my area) that I can just hear them coming and going...their exhaust signature is so distinctive.

Too bad the wife won't let me have both.
Old 02-06-04, 04:43 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that car looks sick!!! I wouldnt mind riding that around.. with some engine mods.. ummm
Old 02-06-04, 05:15 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

that car is cleaannn.
man i want those clear corners for some reason. maybe cuz they're JDM.
Old 02-06-04, 05:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Aznteazer
that car is cleaannn.
man i want those clear corners for some reason. maybe cuz they're JDM.
i was waiting for you to join this thread!! glad you like it!
Old 02-06-04, 06:11 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks pretty good....i'm not a big fan of that front bumper though...
Old 02-06-04, 07:11 PM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the G35 Coupe looks good, but I am a fan of the SC 300/400. Everytime I see the G35 Coupe I always think about how badly I would like to have nicely modded SC to park right next to it. Then when the G35 owner comes to see the SC he says " ". I hate how so many people prefer the G35 Coupe's style over the SC's. I guess I am just hating, but I don't think I can stop. LOVE The SC.
Old 02-07-04, 12:49 AM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

i was planning on selling the SC when i got the g35, but i decided to keep it.
too much sentimental values
Old 02-07-04, 02:31 AM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Just surfin around man. My little brother just joined a Infiniti sales team as a salesman a few weeks back, so I have to keep up with whats going on with the G35s, they are actually a great value. And I think the interior is going to be upgraded soon

Rick- are you on G35Driver? You should be man!!
Supposedly, the interior is supposed to be completely redesigned for the 2005 model. I know it seems weird to fully change the interior of a car that is only in the second year of its life cycle, but nissan probably will design it better to perfect the car. The 2005 altima's interior was fully redesigned unexpectedly so it wouldnt be that big of a surprise if they change the g35's interior.
Old 02-07-04, 08:12 AM
LexFather

If they upgrade the interior (they just totally revamped the ALtima's Kia-like console for a better one) in the G35, it's gonna be very, very tough to beat if they hold the price.

I like the NISMO wing on the G35c. It is also the only Infiniti holding resale value. Just a dang good car.

Old 02-07-04, 09:23 AM
Methodical
Lead Lap

Originally posted by MSBoy
I have to disagree... my uncle just got one and though the interior is simple, I would not say it's cheep. All of that is a mute point though when the clutch is dropped and that Z engine has your head pinned to the seat!
This is true. I really liked the way it handled and accelerated. Not to mention the way they look when they have a nice set of rims.
Old 02-07-04, 10:20 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Originally posted by MSBoy
...All of that is a mute point though...
That's 'moot'. (Going back to sleep now)
Old 02-07-04, 10:23 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,456 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Originally posted by GS4fun
Car looks pretty good....i'm not a big fan of that front bumper though...
Exactly what I was thinking.

I think that white one though looks incredible. That might just be the hottest looking white car I've ever seen.
Old 02-07-04, 01:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default g35

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
If they upgrade the interior (they just totally revamped the ALtima's Kia-like console for a better one) in the G35, it's gonna be very, very tough to beat if they hold the price.

I like the NISMO wing on the G35c. It is also the only Infiniti holding resale value. Just a dang good car.
So tough to beat it will probably sway me into one. I'll always keep my sc though. I've been getting opinions from my friends. They all have said they think the sc looks better (that's 1st and 2nd gen sc's, not the current one). Eventually I'll want a new car and I am a coupe man. There's nothing out there that looks that good except the g35(short of a ferrari 557 maranello). If the interior isn't improved I'm sure someone makes dash kits for them.
Guys like us who mod our cars need not worry about stock stuff. We'll change it regardless.
Old 02-07-04, 01:44 PM
ripe911
Pole Position

I looked all through this thread and no one complained about the car not having any foglights on the bumper. Do they have an aftermarket body kit that you can hook up foglights on it like it just came from the factory?

Quick Reply: Another FINE G35 Coupe...(merged G35c threads)