Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

One of “Brooklyn’s Finest” leaves me a BD present (hit and run) PICS UPDATED

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 02:01 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One of “Brooklyn’s Finest” leaves me a BD present (hit and run)

My BD was on Thursday the 29th and it was all good until Sunday. We brought in my 24th year from Wed to Friday and on Saturday after I recovered my family decided to go out to Freeport Long Island for some seafood right on the water. I was visiting my little niece in Brooklyn earlier in the day at my sister’s house so I decided to park the SC in front of the building (Starrett City) where I could periodically check on it from the window. We took my sister’s Focus to Freeport, had a good time and headed back to BK. I wake up on Sunday morning and I notice the reflection on the fender doesn't seem right when I'm walking out the door, I think damn someone tapped it, sure enough they did!!!! Words can't explain how furious I was. I spend A LOT of time maintaining this car and keeping it's appearance up, it's my pride and joy. It's nothing for me to spend 6 hours one day glazing, polishing and waxing it like many of you here.

Enough ranting, here are the pics. Judging from the way I was hit I think the person was trying to do a U-turn in the middle of the street and hit my fender. The dent is about the size of a baseball. People can’t drive. I expect my front and rear bumper to get tagged from parallel parking, but my fender!@$#@#$%@ You can’t see in the pics too well but there are scratches which I should be able to polish out by hand, other than that there’s no paint damage, so Dent Wizard SHOULD be able to pull it out. I have an appointment with them tomorrow at 8am sharp. They quoted me about $125-$150 for this one, I figured I would have some smaller dings pulled as well, should be close to $300 when I’m done. I’ll take some after pics for y’all tomorrow. I hate paying for others peoples stupidity!!!!

Old 05-03-04, 03:05 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that blows,

in any event, happy bday. Can you make the minimeet on May 15th?
Old 05-03-04, 03:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dog, I gotta be honest, I was expecting much worse!! That looks like a job Paintless Dent Removal can help you with.

Good luck bro, and happy Born Day!
Old 05-03-04, 03:57 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by aliga
that blows,

in any event, happy bday. Can you make the minimeet on May 15th?
Sorry I didn't get back to you, check your PM.

Dog, I gotta be honest, I was expecting much worse!! That looks like a job Paintless Dent Removal can help you with.
I know, I know. You sound like my Uncle, he kept on saying it could have been worse, you could have come back to no fender at all!!! LOL I just wish people would be a little more careful, especially since I have to come out of pocket now, ah what are you gonna do.
Old 05-03-04, 08:51 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

That's not as bad as I thought. I must admit that the Brooklyn area contains some of the worst drivers (Me included). I remember when a lady backed up into a parked Lincoln and then ran off. I called the cops but it was too late and I was too far away to catch the plates.
Old 05-03-04, 09:05 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

anything is bad, anything at all. a scratch is a scratch, a dent is a dent. all not there by your fault so someone is owed a visit.

good luck with it.
Old 05-03-04, 09:37 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

The passenger side fender in that spot is definitely the most prone spot on an SC to getting a dent.. i have head two similar to that, and about 3 other member had them in the exact same spots. Its the curse of the SC passenger side front fender.
Old 05-04-04, 11:25 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I know how you must feel.
At least there is no paint damage.
Old 05-04-04, 11:57 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Default After photos

Well guys the drama is over. I recommend Dent Wizard, you can't even tell that the dent was there originally, I'm amazed. I had them take out another ding on the rear quarter panel too. In one of pictures it looks like there is a white scratch but it's just a reflection. Compare these with the before photos.

Just a reflection, no scratch.

There used to be a quarter sized ding in this panel, all gone now.

Last edited by Technics; 05-04-04 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-04-04, 12:08 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Those last couple of pics are one hell of an improvement.
Old 05-04-04, 12:17 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Wow, dentwizard really did a good job. I cannot tell that anything happened. How much was everything?
Old 05-04-04, 02:00 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Glad everything is better now, Killa Cam.
Old 05-04-04, 02:18 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

prices please? i know they usually price "per panel" . i need to give them some heavy business
Old 05-04-04, 02:25 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Old 05-04-04, 06:10 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the comments guys

Originally posted by O. L. T.
prices please? i know they usually price "per panel" . i need to give them some heavy business
Wow, dentwizard really did a good job. I cannot tell that anything happened. How much was everything?
My bad

The dent in the front fender was $125, the quarter sized ding in the rear panel was $65 for a total of $190, tax brought the total to $205.68, not bad if you ask me. They started at 8:00am and were done at 10:50. The good thing about DW is that once they access a panel for one dent they give you discounts for other dents located on that same panel.

I have a couple of less noticeable dings that I'll have them take care of in the future.

Quick Reply: One of “Brooklyn’s Finest” leaves me a BD present (hit and run) PICS UPDATED