Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What is is about a car, that makes us like this? How can a car bring people together?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-04, 04:18 PM
LexFather

Default What is is about a car, that makes us like this? How can a car bring people together?

Did you ever really think about it? How can a car elicit so much emotion? It is a piece of machinery. But since cars began, it has brought people together. And make people not like one another (Ford vs Gm for instance).

Amazing. Blenders don't do this, watches somewhat, planes are too expensive to have clubs with numerous members.

Gotta love it.

Old 05-11-04, 06:26 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whichever car you buy, you make a statement with it. Thats why many ppl want to assume that theyre making the right statement and hence associate with people who have the same car. Lol the blender thing is funny though. Imagine having club sunbeam!! I wonder what they would talk about.
Old 05-11-04, 07:00 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Wink Car = ME

To me, a car is a form of expression of ourselves. It creates and conveys our feelings, thoughts, inner emotions, and our actions. Despite it being a heap of metal, plastic and what not, a car serves as a vivid storyteller of who we are and how we go about our lives. From our increased knowledge and exposure of other cars, we learn to appreciate the realm of cars more, not just one individual make or model.

And besides.. isn't learning a lifelong process or "journey"? I am truly glad I'm into cars.
Old 05-11-04, 11:30 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Definitely, cars are seen readily and appreciated, a group of car nuts can talk about them without end.
A common interest can bring many together.

Some things also out there:

http://www.david.broadwell.com/pens.html
http://www.david.broadwell.com/knives.html
http://www.glennwaters.com/page2Available.htm

Last edited by RA40; 05-11-04 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-12-04, 07:20 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

In a great sense I also believe that automobiles represent the very freedoms that we all as Americans hold dear. To be able to jump in your car, fill up, and drive anywhere we like and explore this great land of ours is what freedom is all about.

I also agree completely with the opinion that our cars serve as an extension of our individuality/identity to some degree. I know that I experience two entirely feelings when I drive my 1995 Nissan 200SX as opposed to driving my 2000 GS400 Platinum Edition!!!
Old 05-12-04, 07:37 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally posted by ebruce2
In a great sense I also believe that automobiles represent the very freedoms that we all as Americans hold dear. To be able to jump in your car, fill up, and drive anywhere we like and explore this great land of ours is what freedom is all about.

I also agree completely with the opinion that our cars serve as an extension of our individuality/identity to some degree. I know that I experience two entirely feelings when I drive my 1995 Nissan 200SX as opposed to driving my 2000 GS400 Platinum Edition!!!
Absolutely. When your in a basic economy car, its just about "where to go and how to get ther" but in a nicer car, it's ok to think about the car itself. Sometimes the lexus is a bit MORE stressful for me cuz I constantly listen for squeeks/rattles along the way!
Old 05-12-04, 08:41 AM
Yankees Diva
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Whichever car you buy, you make a statement with it. Thats why many ppl want to assume that theyre making the right statement and hence associate with people who have the same car. Lol the blender thing is funny though. Imagine having club sunbeam!! I wonder what they would talk about.
i agree with you so much, and i definitely think its important for you to make your car unique in someway even if its just hanging something from the rearview mirror.

~ Stella