Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus announces $750 College Graduate Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-04, 09:18 AM
LexFather

Default Lexus announces $750 College Graduate Rebate

Here's the official announcement from Lexus:

Thanks to a comprehensive incentive program, students graduating from college can open the door to a Lexus and drive into their futures in style.

Effective June 1, Lexus will offer eligible college graduates a $750 rebate on any new or Certified Pre-Owned Lexus vehicle. For those customers who elect to finance their vehicles with Lexus Financial Services (LFS), they will also be able to take advantage of several favorable finance options to seal the deal (for qualified customers upon approval of credit).

Not only is Lexus one of the few luxury makes to offer a college graduate program, but the company also offers one of the highest rebates of this kind in the industry. In essence, the program is a way for Lexus to encourage and reward those who pursue higher education.

In addition to the rebate, customers can also take advantage of the option to put no money down, a 90-day deferred first payment when financing (except in Pennsylvania), a waived security deposit when leasing and free one-year roadside assistance.

"We are pleased to be able to give something back to our customers in the form of a substantial cash bonus," said Mark Templin, Lexus vice president of marketing. "This is the first time Lexus will offer the cash bonus as part of our college grad program."

To qualify for the LFS College Graduate Finance Plan, a customer must meet four conditions:

1) Graduate within the next six months, from an accredited four-year college, university, or registered nursing degree program; graduate from an accredited two-year college; or be enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program. In all cases, students who apply now are eligible to take advantage of the program if they graduated within the last two years;

2) Furnish verifiable proof of present employment or proof of future employment which will begin within 120 days of credit approval with a salary sufficient to cover ordinary living expenses and vehicle payments;

3) Furnish proof of insurability; and

4) Have no adverse credit history. With a few simple pieces of paperwork, and a college degree, that dream car does not have to be so far off.

"The combined rebate and favorable finance options offer new graduates a competitive deal," said Dave Nordstrom, LFS corporate manager of products. "We look at this program as an opportunity to reward new graduates for their accomplishments and welcome them into the Lexus family with this oftentimes first vehicle purchase."

Old 05-26-04, 09:29 AM
time4lexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, its tempting, but buying a Lexus straight out of college is probably not a good idea.
Old 05-26-04, 09:30 AM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

If they have that in a couple years, I will undoubtedly be taking advantage of it
Old 05-26-04, 09:38 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by time4lexus
Haha, its tempting, but buying a Lexus straight out of college is probably not a good idea.
A certified pre-owned IS or ES can be had under 25k. A lot of college students drive some of the cheapest, most un-reliable cars. I think this is where Lexus strongly appeals.

Old 05-26-04, 09:39 AM
time4lexus
Pole Position

Ah yes, a CPO would be more reasonble.
Old 05-26-04, 09:43 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

3 years too late for me..

I agree that this is one of the better incentive programs I've seen coming out of Lexus corporate
Old 05-26-04, 10:59 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by time4lexus
i'll make my dad buy it for me lol
jk
Old 05-26-04, 12:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

great! time to go back to school!
Old 05-26-04, 02:07 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

lol