Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Are you rice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-04, 01:18 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts
Default Are you rice?

List of rice characteristics:

http://pimprides.messedup.net/you_might_be_a_ricer.html

Last edited by RA40; 06-01-04 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-01-04, 01:47 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nonsense

Some of that is nonsense. Factory kits/sound are acceptable. I just never understood why somebody would pay for a new Civic and then put over 10,000$$ worth of mods in it for lackluster appearance and performance. Even if it is fast, it's still a Civic. Why not save for another 6 months and buy a car at 30-35 thousand dollars (e.g. IS300, 3-series, MB C-230komp, 300C, Audi A4, WRX, Evo, etc etc etc) ???

Oh well.

Mike
Old 06-01-04, 04:19 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

"You put your automatic car in neutral at every stoplight in order to roll it back and try to fool other people into thinking you have a manual transmission"

I do this sometimes to **** off my grandma.

"Your paint job is from the WRONG end of the color spectrum. "

We got a neon green civic (93' I think) parked in our school parking lot.

"You add a super tall rear wing, and a hundred pounds of aftermarket ground effects, neon and stereo "
^^^

"drive around in a $20,000 [SC300 at one time] import with $10,000 [GTE swap] in mods.. and still live with your parents."

I'll be doing that soon

Last edited by 0l33l; 06-01-04 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-01-04, 06:53 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

"Rice" seems to exist at many levels.

The Celica I'm slowly working on will have some extensive work once done. Rice...I dunno but it will probably be viewed as such.
Old 06-01-04, 08:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i agree that rice is just depends on how you define it.

i mean who care! for me, just do whatever you feel like it and makes you happy. i mean it's your car and your money, not theirs after all
Old 06-01-04, 08:20 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: nonsense

Originally posted by whipimpin
[B I just never understood why somebody would pay for a new Civic and then put over 10,000$$ worth of mods in it for lackluster appearance and performance. Even if it is fast,
[/B]
you answer it to yourself. it's fast! lol
Old 06-01-04, 08:39 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have read through roughly 1/3 of the list and some of it is pretty idiotic on the writer's part.

"You have more stereo WATTS than engine TORQUE! "
Old 06-01-04, 08:40 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

A disturbing trend that is taking place is the line between rice and a modified car is starting to blur together. The best example I can think of is this:

Lets take 2 cars.

95 240SX with S15 front end conversion and a SR20 Swap. Blue with black interior, 18" Black mesh rims with polished lip. Modest exhaust.

96 BMW 318. Silver with grey interior with painted red accents, red underbody neon & projection headlights with red halos. White 19" in 7 spoke rims with mad rear camber due to cut springs. Huge dual barreled exhaust.

To people like us who love cars its no question which of those cars is tighter and which is riced out. I don't even like nissan that much (though an S15 is a fine piece of car) Its still no contest which is riced out. The problem however is what other people see. A import car with mods is going to get rice throw at it alot faster then the beamer. It is after all "A BMW." It makes me mad to see GTI's and 240's ect... get called rice when they deserve praise. Imagine how it feels to put all that money into a car to have some punk ***** kid call your ride rice because its modded.

Lets not bull**** ourselves... People with spinners or huge wings or chrome everything or crazy bodykits get laid. They just get laid by hoochy tabs and dumb *****es. Thats why people like that mod their cars that way. To get attention and to pick up chicks. We (for the most part) drive lexus's and because of that we are held to a different standard then them and we mod them accordingly. Just look at this website! The level of professionalism on this website is amazing. Instead constant pissing contests and ego bashing its a group intellectuals sharing a common love for the greatest cars on the planet. Its amazing that 1 letter of the alphabet can bring so many people together.
Old 06-01-04, 08:56 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by IVXX
Just look at this website! The level of professionalism on this website is amazing. Instead constant pissing contests and ego bashing its a group intellectuals sharing a common love for the greatest cars on the planet. Its amazing that 1 letter of the alphabet can bring so many people together.
This is more of a management achievement. Thanks to Ethan and Dave for that.
Old 06-01-04, 10:28 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by IVXX
[B]A import car with mods is going to get rice throw at it alot faster then the beamer. It is after all "A BMW."
A beamer is an import, making yoru argument invalid

It makes me mad to see GTI's and 240's ect... get called rice when they deserve praise. Imagine how it feels to put all that money into a car to have some punk ***** kid call your ride rice because its modded.
Ditto.

Lets not bull**** ourselves... People with spinners or huge wings or chrome everything or crazy bodykits get laid. They just get laid by hoochy tabs and dumb *****es. Thats why people like that mod their cars that way. To get attention and to pick up chicks. We (for the most part) drive lexus's and because of that we are held to a different standard then them and we mod them accordingly.
We pick up a higher class of chicks on our cars

Last edited by 0l33l; 06-01-04 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-02-04, 08:12 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Originally posted by 0l33l
A beamer is an import, making yoru argument invalid (whoops ment japanese import)

We pick up a higher class of chicks on our cars
Exactly what i'm saying!
Old 06-02-04, 08:29 AM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

This forum is a terrific place to share. The members here uphold themselves in a upstanding manner which promotes good discussion. It is amusing to venture out to see what is happening in other parts.

Last edited by RA40; 06-02-04 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-02-04, 09:16 AM
LexFather

Rice. I think it is now just over used and misinterpreted.
Attached Thumbnails Are you rice?-rice.jpg  

Old 06-02-04, 09:35 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Rice. I think it is now just over used and misinterpreted.
One small error in that long list: The 1970 Superbird was a Plymouth Road Runner, not a Dodge Daytona...though they both shared the same body.

I'm going to add another "ricer" qualification to the list...one of the most obvious ones:
"If your cap never faces ahead when you do".
Old 06-03-04, 10:30 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

This rice stuff is getting out of hand. Look how ridiculous and immature these people are on this forum. Just read the first page.

http://corvettekillstories.com/forum...ST&f=6&t=1095&

James

Quick Reply: Are you rice?