Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2005 G35 coupe/sedan changes

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-04, 08:14 PM
LexFather

Infiniti G35 Sedan

The 2005 G35 sedan continues with a number of significant enhancements for the new model year, including a restyled exterior, upgraded interior and additional horsepower.

The exterior features include a new hood and trunk, new front and rear bumpers, body-colored side sills, revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights. The changes to the interior include a new, even higher quality look and feel with the use of real aluminum trim and new available Rosewood trim, along with a redesigned instrument panel and console area.

The G35 sedan’s standard 3.5-liter V6 engine now offers 280 hp and 270 ft-lb of torque, increases of 20 hp and 10 lb-ft of torque for automatic transmission equipped models. The G35 6MT model with close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission receives 38 additional horsepower to 298 hp.

Other changes include the addition of larger brake rotors and a revised Sport-Tuned Suspension Package (which now includes 18-inch wheels and tires and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential) and the addition of mp3 playback capability to the already standard 6-disc CD changer, manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel (with available power function) and available Infiniti Intelligent Key system.

Enhancements to the 2005 G35 Sedan include:

· Revised exterior, designed to convey sporty character and match vehicle’s dynamic performance
· New hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, side sills
· Revised headlight lens and new dual circle taillights
· New exterior colors – Lakeshore Slate and Serengeti Sand
· Additional 20 horsepower (5AT), additional 38 horsepower (6MT)
· 18-inch wheels and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential on Sport-Tuned Suspension Package
· Larger diameter front and rear stabilizer bars
· Available Intelligent Key system
· New, high quality interior look and feel with refined materials and textures, including real aluminum and available straight-grained Rosewood trim
· Redesigned instrument panel and console

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Infiniti G35 coupe expands its performance capabilities for the 2005 model year with the addition of Sport-Tuned Suspension Package featuring 19-inch wheels and tires, drilled aluminum pedals and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD). The G35 Coupe 6MT model with 6-speed manual transmission receives 18 additional horsepower, increasing power output to 298.
The 2005 G35 coupe’s interior has also been refined with a new instrument panel and console area and use of new materials and textures, including the addition of real aluminum trim on the center console, door grips and dash, and mp3 playback capability added to the standard 6-disc CD changer. Ultra-soft leather-appointed seats are now standard on all models. Other changes for 2005 include the addition of three new exterior colors and two new interior colors.

Enhancements to the 2005 G35 Coupe include:

· Additional 18 horsepower (298 hp) for G35 Coupe 6MT model
· Standard Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD) on Sport-Tuned Suspension Package and G35 Coupe 6MT models
· Available 19-inch polished aluminum-alloy wheels and 19-inch performance tires
· Redesigned instrument panel and console with use of real aluminum trim
· Two new available interior colors: Wheat (beige) and Stone (gray)
· Available drilled, aluminum pedals
· Power recline added to front seats
· Three new available exterior colors: Serengeti Sand, Lakeshore Slate and Athens Blue
· No Brembos

http://www.infinitinews.com/infinit...upe/index.shtml
http://www.infinitinews.com/infinit...dan/index.shtml

Wow,. 298 horses with the manual G35s.

Old 09-02-04, 08:24 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Very cool

But this I don't get..

-No Brembos
Up the power and downgrade the brakes?

Last edited by Davtown; 09-02-04 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-02-04, 08:34 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by Attila
Very cool

But this I don't get..

Up the power and downgrade the brakes?
All these OEM Brembos are overated. Almost just for marketing. I am sure the G35 will stop just as fine.

Old 09-02-04, 11:29 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

All these OEM Brembos are overated. Almost just for marketing. I am sure the G35 will stop just as fine.
Yep - I was going to say the same.

Nissan's off-the-shelf braking components are pretty good ... my Sentra SE (4 wheel discs) stops just about as well as anything else @ about 130 ft 60-0 mph.

M.
Old 09-02-04, 11:50 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

According to Car & Driver, G35C's OEM BREMBO brakes perform worse than MAZDA RX-8 stock brakes.
Old 09-03-04, 01:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's not the brembo GT, so it's nothing to be excited about at all imho. it's just like normal brakes witha sticker on it (yeah a bit harsh). so taking it away doesn't mean much to me

but i like the more power. gosh do i want one
Old 09-03-04, 04:09 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

:

·

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Infiniti G35 coupe expands its performance capabilities for the 2005 model year with the addition of Sport-Tuned Suspension Package featuring 19-inch wheels and tires, drilled aluminum pedals and Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD). The G35 Coupe 6MT model with 6-speed manual transmission receives 18 additional horsepower, increasing power output to 298.
The 2005 G35 coupe’s interior has also been refined with a new instrument panel and console area and use of new materials and textures, including the addition of real aluminum trim on the center console, door grips and dash, and mp3 playback capability added to the standard 6-disc CD changer. Ultra-soft leather-appointed seats are now standard on all models. Other changes for 2005 include the addition of three new exterior colors and two new interior colors.

Enhancements to the 2005 G35 Coupe include:

· Additional 18 horsepower (298 hp) for G35 Coupe 6MT model
· Standard Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD) on Sport-Tuned Suspension Package and G35 Coupe 6MT models
· Available 19-inch polished aluminum-alloy wheels and 19-inch performance tires
· Redesigned instrument panel and console with use of real aluminum trim
· Two new available interior colors: Wheat (beige) and Stone (gray)
· Available drilled, aluminum pedals
· Power recline added to front seats
· Three new available exterior colors: Serengeti Sand, Lakeshore Slate and Athens Blue
· No Brembos

http://www.infinitinews.com/infinit...upe/index.shtml
http://www.infinitinews.com/infinit...dan/index.shtml

How about AWD for the coupe? Up to now only the sedan offered it. I didn't see it listed here on the new coupe specs. That is the one thing the coupe needs the most....although, like in the sedan, the interior trim improvements are a good idea. Interior quality was one of the previous car's weak points...like many Nissan Products.
Old 09-03-04, 06:14 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

If Infiniti would now put a decent set of all season performance tires instead of te crap they currently put on the car, I might actually give it some serious consideration down the road......the G35x would be nice for the Canadian climate.
Old 09-03-04, 06:25 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
. . . but i like the more power. gosh do i want one
Me too, & the better interior materials, I wish I had the patience to wait another year.
Old 09-03-04, 07:18 AM
Milla...

Very nice the G35's, I'm not surprised they made the adjustments why wouldn't they, these are the two thats getting them back into the race so they have to keep the G's healthy.

Lexusfreak - I'm sure your local wheel and tire outlet would be able to remedy your concern.

I think that both cars were improved nicely although I'm not a G35 sedan I can appreciate the needed changes, they did a good job.

Its interesting how many here are ranting and raving over the great number of Lexus units sold. Maybe if I got a cut of the sales, a check or something from Lexus for being a customer or gain some sort of equity on my cars I'd get excited when I see those numbers increasing. Because I get little to no benefit from those #'s I can care less all its doing is making my job harder and harder to bargin at the table regardless of being a long time customer. (sorry those #'s distracted me)

Anyway back on topic, for Infiniti.

Last edited by Milla...; 09-03-04 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-03-04, 08:33 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Rumor has it that the sedan always made 280hp but it was marketed at 260 for some reason. I heard some ppl did dynos and and concluded that there was no way the engine in the sedan made 260hp. Would anyone like to chime in on this one. But 298 in a 6 cylinder, is out of this world. I love it. Even though the 300C and SRT-8 make a hell of a lot more power, I think I am more impressed with these #'s simply because it is a considerably smaller engine.
Old 09-04-04, 02:23 PM
iloveGS300
Driver

Im not a big infiniti fan but I will say this

There new designs and performance/handling outshines Lexus very badly

Robert

Last edited by iloveGS300; 09-04-04 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-05-04, 05:48 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So when will these new cars be available? Jan 2005? Sept 2004?
Old 09-05-04, 08:36 AM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GS4fun
So when will these new cars be available? Jan 2005? Sept 2004?
I believe i remember seeing november or december 2004
Old 09-05-04, 09:50 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

G35 coupe 6MT not until December 04.

Quick Reply: 2005 G35 coupe/sedan changes