Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Test Drive - Taste of Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 10:35 AM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to the event in Houston, looks like I will be going straight from SEMA in Vegas.
Old 07-16-04, 11:20 AM
silkiechic
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so does anyone know where in seattle the seattle event will be? I'd like to crash that one and see if they will let me in...
Old 07-25-04, 09:44 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

I just went to the one in Orange County. it was really really fun! u get to drive all the lexus cars, benz c, e ,ml , s class, bmw, 3, 5, 7 x5 x3, jag coupe, range rover, cad coupe, escallade, acura tl

so yeah. highly recommend to anyone who has a chance to go to the upcoming ones
Old 07-31-04, 01:22 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Looks to me like it's still open for registration. I just signed up my gf and me, although I wonder if that was necessary. I'd hope you could bring a guest if you sign just yourself up...
Old 07-31-04, 09:22 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

You know what's sad. The same cars that were used in the 1st LTOL event in Alameda are gonna be used throughout the whole tour. I would hate to be at the last event since theses cars have been driven and beaten in a repetative manner in short amount of time.

Last edited by flipside909; 07-31-04 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-31-04, 11:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by flipside909
You know what's sad. The same cars that were used in the 1st LTOL event in Alameda are gonna be used throughout the whole tour. I would hate to be at the last event since theses cars have been driven and beaten in a repetative manner in short amount of time.
i am glad to be one of the contributors
Old 07-31-04, 12:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
i am glad to be one of the contributors
LOL, no wonder the Cadillac XLR's CEL was on!
Old 07-31-04, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by flipside909
LOL, no wonder the Cadillac XLR's CEL was on!
oh don't worry, i didn't even bother to touch that car. sorry, waste of my time
Old 08-02-04, 10:39 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by varcity64
im surprised sooooo many people are familiar w/this... my town actually shares the same zip code as englishtown so everyone thinks that the name of my town is englishtown... anyway, im looking forward to this event... should be fun
mo just signed up see you there

-johnny
Old 08-04-04, 04:55 PM
BezerkeleyLex
Driver School Candidate

Default Try It You'll Like It

I went to the Taste of Luxury in the Bay Area last month. It was great. If you have one near you, go. Besides good food, cooking demonstrations & golf lessons (none of which I cared about) there were two of every Lexus as well as multiple Mercedes models, Acura, Jaguar, Cadallac, Infitinti, etc. All waiting to be driven. These were well equipped and powered competitors, not strippers. Two tracks were set up (coned off) - one for "performace" coupes/sedans and one for luxury models. Plus there was an off-road track for the SUVs. The tracks were short and tight, but allowed enough flexibility to know which cars were fun and which were not. The Infiniti G35 was a real disappontment. And there were no cars from Audi. Wonder why?

Go very early if you really want to drive. The 8am to 10am timeframe (on a Sunday) allowed for continuous drives, almost one right after another. After 11am the "lookers" showed up too and the lines to drive got up to 15 minutes or more - for a 2 minute drive. Also, in the early AM they told us to "enjoy ouselves" pushing the cars on the track. As it got busier I got cautioned for doing just that.

It was a blast. It was free. And, when all is said and done, I still love my sport tuned GS300.

Thank you Lexus.
Old 08-06-04, 10:01 AM
LexusPia
Pole Position

Question Event confirmation?

We sent in our request for the Chicago event (8/28-29) in June as soon as we got the e-mail notice. However, as of today (2 weeks from the event), we still haven't received any official Lexus confirmation via e-mail. For those of you who went in the July events, was a confirmation e-mailed out 2 weeks before the event? Has anyone who signed up for the Chicago event received confirmation? Thanks.
Old 08-09-04, 07:55 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Event confirmation?

Originally posted by LexusPia
We sent in our request for the Chicago event (8/28-29) in June as soon as we got the e-mail notice. However, as of today (2 weeks from the event), we still haven't received any official Lexus confirmation via e-mail. For those of you who went in the July events, was a confirmation e-mailed out 2 weeks before the event? Has anyone who signed up for the Chicago event received confirmation? Thanks.
I haven't gotten a confirmation email either.
Old 08-09-04, 10:28 PM
blackrx330
Driver School Candidate

I haven't gotten an email notification either for the Chicago one. Anybody knows where it's located in Chicago? If I don't receive the notification, I might just drop by instead.
Old 08-10-04, 09:58 AM
LexusPia
Pole Position

After I posted the question last week, I called Lexus customer service to inquire the same. They couldn't give me an answer nor did they have any details. They said they would get back with me shortly (so far nothing). I suggest all of you who have submitted the requests to participate and haven't received official confirmation give Lexus (800-255-3987 prompt 4) a call. Better still for those of you who have been to one of the events in July can maybe supply a tel that we can call. Thanks.
Old 08-10-04, 12:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

damn i had a number to call but i don't have it anymore, sux

but calling customer service is not going to help, it's not the same department.

however though, i can't say 100%, but i have a feeling if you are not registered by now, it might be full already

Quick Reply: Lexus Test Drive - Taste of Luxury