Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota=cheaters=losers=idiots=....(long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-04, 05:32 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Toyota=cheaters=losers=idiots=....(long)

Freakin'-a, it appears Toyota's various motorsports arms are hopelessly addicted to cheating.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=30423

They got kicked out of WRC. The made CART into a joke. Now they're probably going to get themselves kicked out of F1.

As a soon-to-be former fan of their race cars, I can no longer defend them. Stealing, literally, from Ferrari is totally base and inappropriate. As a fan of their road cars, I am saddened beyond words. Sure, I don't expect Toyota to pull their top Japanese talent off consumer projects to help out F1, but come on. They're the richest motor company on earth. Why do they have to resort to stealing from Ferrari?

It's really embarassing. I've been cheering them since the '02 inception and hope they'll win one day, but those hopes are fading. Especially if this type of behaviour continues. And with the super-strict Formula that will be in place within the next few years, this is not good news for Toyota fans. I don't even want to imagine how ugly it's gonna get.

And they need a big win in F1 so they can launch their next round of performance cars, Supra included. That's why there is so much driver shuffling and nerviousness stemming from the top brass in Japan. There is so much wrong with Toyota's F1 programme that it's absolutely incredible. It's a marketing exercise and top brass doesn't understand why they're failing and as a result they get pissed off and etc. etc. They're wanting to gain credibility on the world stage in motorsports before they get back into serious consumer motorcars. And they're going about it all wrong, ***-backwards even.

Shame on you Toyota, SHAME ON YOU.
Old 06-16-04, 05:39 PM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't act like you didn't know it was happening, fans of the series' they were in all knew what was going on. Toyota wants to be so American/European it isn't funny. They don't want ot be themselves and use their true potential for fresh ideas and designs. They cheat so they can get the publicity of a REAL racing team like the Audi Le Mans team, or the Peugot WRC teams have boosted their sales. And lets not get into how they campaign racecars in the lower tier NASCAR levels.

Last edited by 2jzgte; 06-16-04 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-16-04, 05:51 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 2jzgte
Don't act like you didn't know it was happening, fans of the series' they were in all knew what was going on. Toyota wants to be so American/European it isn't funny. They don't want ot be themselves and use their true potential for fresh ideas and designs. They cheat so they can get the publicity of a REAL racing team like the Audi Le Mans team, or the Peugot WRC teams have boosted their sales. And lets not get into how they campaign racecars in the lower tier NASCAR levels.
Huh? That's a really skewed view. Supporting cheaters is idiotic, and I would never actively do it. I didn't know the cancer had spread and so strongly embedded itself in their F1 program. I was hoping they would learn from prior mistakes and get their ship on the right course, but no. But Ferrari and now this brake issue is a hint of things to come. Same old, same old.

That's why I'm so ticked.

My entire point is that I believe there should still be some chivalry and honor in racing, and I expected more from Toyota, especially in something as prestigious as F1. Cheaters don't win in F1, never have, never will. Unless Toyota buys them all out. And now that BAR-Honda is totally beating down everyone's doors, Toyota is bound to get even more pissed off. They'll probably just resort to swerving into the BAR-Honda machines as they lap the Toyotas...
Old 06-17-04, 01:41 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

LOL, you guys are really taking this serious.
I think next year it will me make or break time.
Old 06-17-04, 01:43 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a little disheartening...
Old 06-18-04, 08:22 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by 2jzgte
Well, I, for one, am glad to see Toyota getting involved in NASCAR. For way too long, those redneck Taurus, Monte Carlo, and Intrepid guys down south have been pouring scorn at those "furign" cars and Japanese "rice-burners". Now they don't like it when some of those "rice burners" are starting to draft them and breathe right down their necks. Well...tough s---. And actually, Toyota is not involved in the regular NASCAR series so much as it is in the Craftsman Truck series with the Tundra....I'd personally like to see Toyota/ Lexus sedans run in NASCAR itself...maybe race-prepared Avalons, GS430's, etc...:

driving:
Old 06-18-04, 11:23 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toyota AND WILLIAMS had non conforming brake ducts and that is what unleashed this? Exactly what is a non conforming brake duct? Then again, I'm shocked, shocked to hear that there is cheating going on in F1 and other forms of professional auto racing.
Old 06-18-04, 11:47 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by RON430
Toyota AND WILLIAMS had non conforming brake ducts and that is what unleashed this? Exactly what is a non conforming brake duct? Then again, I'm shocked, shocked to hear that there is cheating going on in F1 and other forms of professional auto racing.
The brake ducts where slightly bigger then the rules say it should be.
Old 06-18-04, 11:48 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by RON430
i totally agree. I understand that wining is just about all they care about... but to resort to cheating... I believe this is not the first time toyota tried to cheat on the F1 circuit... sux...

toyota..... be number one at everything... but not cheating! you hear me!?!?!