Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Axis Wheels Sponsership Question...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-04, 10:12 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
actually, almost always you end up spending more money to get sponsorship
Yup. That is the truth...

I pretty much didn't want to "chime" in on this subject much at all only because of feelings on sponsorships. Bob put it down pretty simply. I mean, I finally understood what a lot of shops and manufacturers go thru on a daily basis when dealing with sponsorships and what not. Every company has its own way of dealing with sponsorships. Some have a budget that they only give out at the beginning of the year. Some accept new ones all year round? Some will give you 10% off and just request a simple sticker. Some will give you 35% off and expect 10 events. On EXTREMELY rare occasions (I say 1 out of 1,000,000 seriously) someone will give you a full ride. Full rides are something that you BARELY see. Maybe NEVER see at all

With my dealings with Junction Produce and VIP Tuning. Sponsorships is something I will always look into for the right person and car. If someone is merely, "looking for a deal" and not trying to be beneficial to the company, I can't give any kind of sponsorship to that sort of person. I can only "sponsor" so much u know? Because of that, I have to choose them wisely, I can't just give the sponsorships to the first persons who come calling. Its something thought-out and I have to of course, get the approval from the main office. Its something that that people gotta understand, these companies don't run a charity and are in business. For them to sponsor someone, it has to pay for them as well. Both sides NEED to benefit. I see too many people trying to just "score a deal" on parts and never come thru on events or any coverage. My last piece of advice, be open to yourself and the potential sponsor. BE true and tell them why you need the sponsorship and why you deserve it. Don't BS them at all. A lot of times, you may not get it in the first place, but when the time comes they need to find someone, they may come calling. Trust me, I know that from experience... Good luck everyone
Old 06-30-04, 01:25 AM
AltezzaBob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did **** ever respond to you?

let me talk to **** to see if he is aware of this situation. I'm home right now only for a 2-3 more days. i can talk to him and James <--*MAYBE* and see whatsup.