Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-05, 04:27 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaydunn
I agree. My first Audi was a new 1988 mauve red model 80-Quattro with five-speed manual transmission and a five cylinder that made 129 hp.. Seemed downright sporty at the time. As a car-lover it's hard for me to ever find a car to be "over-powered" but I'm not sure we all need to have a "hemi innit".
Power to weight ratio is what really matters, the audi TT is not exactly a light car. And there is such a thing as an over powered car imo, it happens all the time when the handling capabilities of the vehicle are severely limited compared to the power it makes thus the rest of the car being totally overwhelmed by the power of the vehicle. In a road course that grassroots street strip car is probably way over powered. After reaching the high speeds in the straights it would be experiencing problems with severe brake fade and poor transintion movements at speed.

An overpowered car does not necessaraly have to be a fast car... Just a poor match in engine power/suspension/brake setup chassis rigidity/tires/etc

a non SE-R 3.5L V-6 nissan Altima is a good example of this.

a forged internal turbocharged plymouth breeze with bone stock tires brakes and suspension (oh god that was a frightening drive the damn thing handled like ***! talk about brake fade!), and that low 12 second mustang II with bone stock suspension are probably much more severe examples of an overpowered car.

All in all what I look for a vehicle is balance.
Old 05-20-05, 04:55 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hasn't the TT sucked at pretty much every comparo it's been in?? I doubt this one will be a great improvement.

I'm more exicted by the recent news that SEAT might be coming to the States by 2010.