Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another reason for a Silver Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-04, 12:04 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mmarshall
I'm not sure you could call silver a "conservative" color anymore...both silver and black ( the traditional limo and funeral hearse color ) are quite popular today with sports cars and sports sedans. They have even become popular Ferrari colors.
Tan and beige are probably the most "conservative" colors today.
You are correct, though, about aggressive drivers being more likely to cause accidents. A fairly high proportion of the fatal acidents I see in my region ( Wash. DC area) involve aggressive drivers, alcohol, and one specific car....the Mustang GT / Cobra. I won't pan all V8 Mustang drivers....there are some good ones....but more than any other car on the market, I see guys with Mustang GT's, Cobras, and SVT's doing more crazy and stupid things than with any other single car.
I guess you're right!

I later found another article with a bit more detail on this subject at http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/health/ed...ilver_car.html .

It says "Now you could say, someone who drives a silver car may be more conservative and drive more cautiously.", but answers the question with "The study tried to control for variables such as age and sex of driver, seat belt use, vehicle age, and road conditions, etc. Yet they still found silver is the safest car to drive."

Also, the article mentions that the color most likely to be involved in an accident turns out to be brown, a conservative color indeed. And this pretty much puts my theory to rest.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 06-22-04 at 12:05 PM.