Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari crash w/ 17 yr. old dui

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-04, 09:13 PM
nk1983
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferrari crash w/ 17 yr. old dui

Hey guys
So sad...this is all over the news the past couple of days. Apparently This kid crashed his daddys F355 (97') after leaving a party drunk. He ended up killing his freind who was a passnger and seriously hurting another boy who was riding in the passenger's lap. Ive seen pics and its amazing the driver walked away from it. Heres the story in brief..

A Skaneateles teen was killed in a late night crash along Rt. 20 near Lee-Mulroy road.

Sheriff's deputies say 17-year old Steven Corsello of Heritage Woods Rd. in Skaneateles was driving drunk, and heading eastbound on Rt. 20 when his 1997 Ferrari slammed into an oncoming minivan in the westbound lane. 17-year old Mathew Angelillo of Heatherwood Court in Skaneateles was a passenger in the car, and died in the crash. Corsello and another passenger, 18-year old David Prendergast of East Street in Skaneateles, both suffered non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the minivan and his wife, Karl and Valerie Field of Onondaga, were treated at the scene. Deputies say the teens had been returning from a party, and that Corsello was speeding down the road in the Ferrari with Prendergast sitting on Angelillo's lap at the time the crash occured.

Corsello is due to appear in court on charges of DWI, refusing to submit to a breathalyzer test, imprudent speeding, driving out of class, reckless driving, and failure to keep right. His arraignment is set for June 23rd, in Skaneateles Town court.

© 2003 The Post-Standard. Used with permission.

SERIOUSLY sad....stop drinking and driving...nothing good comes of it
Old 06-22-04, 09:38 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Sad to see such a beautiful car, multiple young lives, and a lifetime of grief all occur because of stupidity after consumption of alcohol.

-Anthony
Old 06-22-04, 10:05 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What the hell was the dude doing sitting on another dude's lap? If you know what I mean...
Old 06-22-04, 11:42 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Another reason not to drive drunk!
Old 06-22-04, 11:54 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving drunk is dumb. Being a third passenger in a two-seat sports cars driven by a drunken rich kid is even dumber. I hope kid rots in jail for driving drunk, and he should thank god every day that he didn't kill anyone in that minivan. Idiot.
Old 06-23-04, 12:01 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

I hate people who drinks and drive!! At the end, they are always( or most of the time) the one who walks away unharmed and the one they hit usually dies or is seriously injured!!
Old 06-23-04, 02:44 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Unhappy

Car can be replaced but not the lives taken. I hate to be him, having to live a life knowing that a life was taken by him. Most teens want to show off, fine but do it by yourself not with others in others in that condition. So sad .
Old 06-23-04, 05:23 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope people learn their lesson...
Old 06-23-04, 07:05 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

That is very sad. They are lucky no one else was killed in the crash
Old 06-23-04, 07:40 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

i found the link.... http://news10now.com/content/top_sto...asp?ArID=22218

CEO
Old 06-23-04, 08:10 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dumb, just DUMB... it is sooooooooooooooo sad that a poor kid got killed b/c his idiot friend was driving drunk. he is going to suffer w/this grief for the rest of his life. and the poor parents that had to hear this news. it must have been devastation. i dont drink, so i may not realize this, but what is the fascination w/drinking and driving, I DONT GET IT!!! do people not hear what happens, do they not learn?? or are they ignorant?? man, this is terrible... and as silly as this may sound, if anyone should have died, it should have been the driver.
Old 06-23-04, 08:21 AM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Originally posted by retrodrive
What the hell was the dude doing sitting on another dude's lap? If you know what I mean...
i was about to ask the same thing!
Old 06-23-04, 08:34 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

i really don't like hearing about all these dui accidents that could have so easily been prevented. a little common sense will tell you to think ahead a little *before* you take your first drink about how you're getting home (or if you are crashing there). personally, i never go out unless i know there is a safe way for me to get home (walking, not drinking myself so i can drive, having a friend drive, etc).
Old 06-24-04, 08:18 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally posted by retrodrive

Sounds like they were too drunk to know the difference.

Anyhow, I am generally against excessive or unneeded car regulations or devices, but a case like this almost begs for a sensor or a device near the driver that will prevent the battery and starter from working if it detects alcohol on the driver's breath. This would make far more sense than the stuff some auto manufacturers are wasting their eigineering dollars on now......things like lane-change warning devices, electronic brakes, computer-joystick steering, etc......
Old 06-24-04, 09:21 AM
FlaN.
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by mmarshall
Sounds like they were too drunk to know the difference.

Anyhow, I am generally against excessive or unneeded car regulations or devices, but a case like this almost begs for a sensor or a device near the driver that will prevent the battery and starter from working if it detects alcohol on the driver's breath. This would make far more sense than the stuff some auto manufacturers are wasting their eigineering dollars on now......things like lane-change warning devices, electronic brakes, computer-joystick steering, etc......
that'd be a good idea, but i'm sure you and me both would be tired of having to take a breathalizer test everytime we want to go to Wendys, I mean it's bad enough having to wait for my car to warm up!

I have lost a friend to a drunk driver and I have always wished that each and every drunk driver would die a fiery death, and I will continue to wish that. If a person isn't responsible enough to control their drinking, they obviously aren't responsible enough to live in the free world.

Quick Reply: Ferrari crash w/ 17 yr. old dui