Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New M5 Interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-04, 06:15 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default New M5 Interior

Old 06-25-04, 06:22 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Console looks cheap.
There's a couple of nice elements but
overall...
Old 06-25-04, 06:33 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

not feeln the brown
Old 06-25-04, 06:35 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

I agree with JLSC4, overall the interior just doesn't do it for me. Wood finish looks nasty to me as well The shifter in the E60 also looks toyish and doesn't really belong in a car like that (the door handles look really cheap as well)

Doesn't hold a candle to the E39 M5's interior....

This is how an interior should look

Last edited by Davtown; 06-25-04 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-25-04, 06:46 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, the new 5 interior is... unique.

The brown/saddle leather trend seems to be popular now, at least with car designers.
As for the matte-finish brown woodgrain... well, it looks like it came out of an old mobile home.

The design is okay, it's the finish and texture that are letdowns.
Old 06-25-04, 06:48 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Attila
I agree with JLSC4, overall the interior just doesn't do it for me. Wood finish looks nasty to me as well The shifter in the E60 also looks toyish and doesn't really belong in a car like that (the door handles look really cheap as well)

Doesn't hold a candle to the E39 M5's interior....

This is how an interior should look
Are you joking??? Praise the M5's motor and chassis all you want, it deserves it, but except for their lighting schemes, I could finger-paint a better interior design with my own feces.

I am a BIG stickler when it comes to wood, including grain pattern and finish. The Germans are sorely lacking in this department. Oh yeah, speaking of that, the 1970's called and they want their cheap, cheezy, vomit inducing trailer park paneling back. Way to go, BMW.

I guess it's like an addiction to them, you know, to ____ ____ up big time. First it was exteriors, but oh no, they couldn't stop there. Now they have to mess with the insides to get their fix.

Thank God for the Japanese and the British...

EDIT: The new M5 and updated Q45 (with similar doo-doo brown/burgandy) interiors are the Undisputed International Champions of Offensive Design that Should Never be Found in an Upscale Luxury/Performance Automobile for 2004-2005. These winners will face a new challenger for the 2006-2007 crown; the likely challenger with be the upcoming S-Klasse redesign...Stay tuned...

Last edited by SecPole14; 06-25-04 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-25-04, 06:49 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is the ' M' on the seat?
Old 06-25-04, 06:51 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Are you joking??? Praise the M5's motor and chassis all you want, it deserves it, but except for their lighting schemes, I could finger-paint a better interior design with my own feces.
Hahahaha, even though you may not agree with me on the E39 M5's interior, I can't help but laugh at your response. That was the last thing I expected to read
Old 06-25-04, 06:57 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally posted by VVT-i
Where is the ' M' on the seat?
Hey, when you're busily working to create one of the most heinous interiors in the history of automotive design, little details tend to get lost in the process...
Old 06-25-04, 06:59 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I am a BIG stickler when it comes to wood, including grain pattern and finish. The Germans are sorely lacking in this department. Oh yeah, speaking of that, the 1970's called and they want their cheap, cheezy, vomit inducing trailer park paneling back. Way to go, BMW.

Funniest stuff I've heard all night!
Old 06-25-04, 07:16 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

When I saw the brown interior pics, I immediately felt like I was in a pool hall
Old 06-25-04, 07:18 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Originally posted by lexusk8
When I saw the brown interior pics, I immediately felt like I was in a pool hall
Now that you mention it, the ONLY possible way that interior could be worse is if there were randomly placed patches of green felt everywhere...
Old 06-25-04, 08:08 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

This being the latest crap coming out of chris bangle's a**, I am not suprised it makes a Kia look luxurious. Today's BMW reminds me of GM in the 80's. What a JOKE!!!

Last edited by BrickHead; 06-25-04 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-25-04, 10:00 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by BrickHead
This being the latest crap coming out of chris bangle's a**, I am not suprised it makes a Kia look luxurious. Today's BMW reminds me of GM in the 80's. What a JOKE!!!
Bingo. Exactly what I was going to say. Makes me think of disco ***** from the 70's even.

-Anthony
Old 06-25-04, 10:11 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

I guess it's like an addiction to them, you know, to ____ ____ up big time. First it was exteriors, but oh no, they couldn't stop there. Now they have to mess with the insides to get their fix.

Thank God for the Japanese and the British...

EDIT: The new M5 and updated Q45 (with similar doo-doo brown/burgandy) interiors are the Undisputed International Champions of Offensive Design that Should Never be Found in an Upscale Luxury/Performance Automobile for 2004-2005. These winners will face a new challenger for the 2006-2007 crown; the likely challenger with be the upcoming S-Klasse redesign...Stay tuned...
Oh that's too funny! Don't sugar coat it. LMAO. I still think that last gen interior is much better than that new one though but that's damning with faint praise.

But gawd that new interior and wood combo is just awful.

Quick Reply: New M5 Interior