Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redline TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-04, 01:31 PM
Kontra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline TV

Just wanted to take a moment and tell you about a new tuner program I heard about called “Redline.” The first show airs this weekend, July 3rd, on Spike TV. I believe it starts around 11:30.

I’ve seen a rough cut of the show and it features a cross section of great cars…from in-car camera views of JGTC racing Skylines, to BMW widebodies, in-car cameras of Drift cars and “Battle Video-style” road tests on racetracks with cars like the 500hp Sparco EVO 8, the 550hp HPA VW R32 and the 500hp K&N/Apexi WRX.

There’s no wasted coverage on junk like Hot Import Nights, no old white guys trying to sound cool (in fact, Courtney Day and Eri Moriyama host the show) and there’s tons of racing coverage from JGTC, something never shown in the US before. You won’t see neon lights and airbag suspensions, you’ll only see road tests, in-car videos, racing coverage, even how-to’s on drifting. There’s also behind the scenes coverage of Japanese drift teams, including interviews in Japanese with the drivers (translated by the beautiful Eri Moriyama).

Check out this link to get a teaser on it. www.redline-tv.com
Old 06-28-04, 02:12 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Sounds like good show, thanks for the heads up
Old 06-28-04, 02:45 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

yeah cant wait to see it.

One thing Im waiting for is the JGTC in America on Dec. 18th and 19th I believe...that will be great.http://www.jgtcusa.net/home.html
Old 07-24-04, 12:11 AM
gsfour
Pole Position

I wish I knew about this earlier! I missed a few shows already...damn! Anyways, can't wait to see it tomorrow morning. Too early....I'm going to Tivo it.

I so want to go to the JGTC event in SoCal. It might be just a 1 time thing so I can't afford to miss it.