Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

c6 corvette prices announced(C-6 threads merged)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-04, 01:28 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a whole lot of bang for your buck with this car. What a beaut!

-Anthony
Old 07-01-04, 01:30 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man... no wonder NSX's stop selling... the corvette's have made such improvements over the years... awesome ride. Great pricing.
Old 07-01-04, 01:34 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally posted by VSsc400
man... no wonder NSX's stop selling... the corvette's have made such improvements over the years... awesome ride. Great pricing.
I would save for twice as long to get an NSX. It's worth every penny. Really, it's not fair to compare a hand-made Japanese exotic to a mass-produced, quality-impaired American car.

Don't forget: ANY company can stick a big motor in a [light] chassis and make it go fast. Corvettes don't impress me.
Old 07-01-04, 01:36 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
I would save for twice as long to get an NSX. It's worth every penny. Really, it's not fair to compare a hand-made Japanese exotic to a mass-produced, quality-impaired American car.

Don't forget: ANY company can stick a big motor in a [light] chassis and make it go fast. Corvettes don't impress me.

you don't seem to be liking me too much today.

Old 07-01-04, 01:44 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally posted by VSsc400
you don't seem to be liking me too much today.

No, that's not it at all. We just seem to be playing thread-tag today.

Just kidding. I really do hate you. By the way, you're IT.
Old 07-01-04, 01:59 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Don't forget: ANY company can stick a big motor in a [light] chassis and make it go fast.
I think that's the point.

BTW Chevy stated Z51 C6 lap times almost equal the C5 Z06's.
Old 07-01-04, 03:24 PM
kmn5
Lead Lap

thats some pretty cheap speed..........
considering there's no real import supercars any more

RIP: SUPRA, RX7, 3000GT VR4,

only thing left out there is the M3, and that like 58k + out the door
(you can forget about modding that, DIan would charge you an arm and a leg!)

350z is so-so, not turbo......... good handling, but HP/tq levels leave something to be desired

Last edited by kmn5; 07-01-04 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-01-04, 03:32 PM
LexFather

ANY company can stick a big motor in a [light] chassis and make it go fast.
Wantanewlex, your my brother for life but I must say this forumla is what Suburu uses with the Impreza, WRX and Mitsu with the Lance/EVO, hell Lexus with the next gen IS, Audi with the V-8 S4 etc.

For the money, this new Vette is simply incredible. I'd ante up the dough for this over the 350Z Track any day of the week. The NSX is sweet and handbuilt but simply has been outgunned for the last 10 years. I can understand a Boxster for balance and not all out performance but the NSX is 90k. For 90k it is outgunned and outmatched except in Reliability and handling.

Old 07-01-04, 03:36 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Good prices. Still a bargain for the performance. To those that don't care for the Vette, fine, but have you ever driven one? It's a blast! I assure you there is nothing comparable (new) under 100k. I would definitely forgo the power top, though. 2K for something that takes like 30 seconds to fold yourself? No thanks. I don't even want to know what the weight penalty for the mechanism is. If it slows you down, you don't need it!
Old 07-01-04, 04:08 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Here is the link to the new pricing.

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...threadid=17722
Old 07-01-04, 06:09 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Arrow

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Wantanewlex, your my brother for life but I must say this forumla is what Suburu uses with the Impreza, WRX and Mitsu with the Lance/EVO, hell Lexus with the next gen IS, Audi with the V-8 S4 etc.

For the money, this new Vette is simply incredible. I'd ante up the dough for this over the 350Z Track any day of the week. The NSX is sweet and handbuilt but simply has been outgunned for the last 10 years. I can understand a Boxster for balance and not all out performance but the NSX is 90k. For 90k it is outgunned and outmatched except in Reliability and handling.
C'mon, don't get soft on me.

I understand what you're saying. I guess there is nothing wrong with the Corvette, but it doesn't wow me in terms of motor/technology...I guess I just favor smaller motors with high specific/per-liter outputs. But I admit I don't have much of a case here since the Vette has always been America's sports car, which means mandatory V8.

The C5 has proven itself to be a demon, and the C6 will be even nastier. To be honest, if I were in the market for a sports car, I'd probably give the Corvette a good look. But while that $43K would buy me a lot of performance, I would still probably kick myself in the *** because $43K at the Lexus store can buy a whole lot of real wood and Japanese goodness (gah, there I go with my awesome cross-shopping again, comparing a Vette to a GS...I have no shame... ). But I'm preaching to the choir here. You and I have always seen eye-to-eye.
Old 07-01-04, 07:03 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

I concur. My lust for the NSX is partly predicated on the fact that I've never seen a mullet waving out the driver-side window of an NSX ... in fact, I've only ever seen two NSX's on the road ... as opposed to the countless Corvettes cruising around here.
Old 07-01-04, 07:13 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally posted by whipimpin
I concur. My lust for the NSX is partly predicated on the fact that I've never seen a mullet waving out the driver-side window of an NSX ... in fact, I've only ever seen two NSX's on the road ... as opposed to the countless Corvettes cruising around here.
I agree, i see corvettes everywhere. When i manage to see an nsx, its definetely an eye catcher. Everyone around looks at it in awe
Old 07-01-04, 07:26 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Hey I can't recall seeing any rusty Corvettes The NSX is twice the car for twice the price.

The new Corvette has improved the interior and increased HP for $40-45k after discounts. There are more Honda's driving the streets of the US with tranny problems then the Corvette ever had.

Is it a 911 or GS fit and finish no but it's not a Kia either. Nissan 350Z has room for interior improvements too.

Last edited by jimxo; 07-01-04 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-02-04, 12:33 PM
Lsportline43
Lead Lap

Chevrolet should think about having the option of a 427 CID. Maybe in the C6 Z06? They could use something simliar to the one in the C5R. That would make people respect the Corvette more. Even though the current Z06 is really good enough. 405 HP and 400 ft. lb. of torque and 0-60 in 4.0 Seconds. All for under $55,000.