Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Chrysler 300 fuels trade-ins of import cars(new pics and info pg 3 & 4)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-04, 10:34 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by Milla...
I too think that the car is lovely and very handsome, and different. I don't think anything will be taken from the car if RAPPERS promote them or drive them. You see rappers in bently's/ Maybach's/ Lambo's / Benz / heck based on what I've learned in another post Lexus is given much love in the rapp community, has that changed or negetively effected the resale for any of the above vehicles? Those of you who look down upon cars that rappers like or drive really causes me to wonder.......And you do know what I'm getting at right. Because unless you can show proof via numbers or you personally can share a negative exsperience as a direct result of driving a car that a rapper drives or promotes, leaves me to come only to one conclusion.
You bring a good point. I don't think the world was ready for the Hip-Hop community to affect culture the way it has. Rap=young people worldwide no matter their ethic group.

Now I consider myself part of the hip-hop generation. Hell I know a few of the guys/gals. It has changed so much. The "Bling" era is still here, just listen or watch most videos. Sadly, if you don't have these flashy items, your video probably won't get played unless you are a well established artist.

But we are not talking about hating on rappers buying expensive things. Not at all. We are talking about how some just DESTROY a car/suv with some of the stuff they add. Ugly wheels, crazy paint, no drop, etc.

A couple of people that know what they are doing (rare)
1. Busta Rhymes, he is VERY detailed with his rides, they are awesome.
2. Wyclef Jean, some of the most expensive cars are his and he mods them right.

And between you and me, half the cars are not theirs. They are loaned/rented or a producers, song-writer. The ones with the real dough.

Old 07-09-04, 10:41 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts
Question LMAO?

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
LMAO! Again 300C gets
LMAO? Sorry, 1SICK....pardon my ignorance here, but I'm not familiar with that term.
Old 07-09-04, 10:47 AM
LexFather

Laughing my *** off. I almost spit out my gum when I read your part about the V-6 300s collecting bird droppings.

Old 07-09-04, 11:20 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the car has it's appeal... but i'm not the one to jump on the bandwagon of "new ""it"""

There will alway be a big hype and a wave of people jumping after the new stuff... but let's see if it has the lasting power....
Old 07-09-04, 11:43 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can actually see why. That has a pretty damn agressive stance when you see it rolling on the highway. Personally, I'd never trade in my Lex for a Chrysler -- especially a 1st year model.
Old 07-09-04, 11:49 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Laughing my *** off. I almost spit out my gum when I read your part about the V-6 300s collecting bird droppings.
Well, our fine feathered friends apparantly do the same thing....spit it out.
Old 07-09-04, 12:45 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

lol hard, fine feathered friends, oh goodness.
Old 07-09-04, 04:22 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 300c

I was sitting by the window of an eatery 2 months ago when one of these pulled up with 22 inch chrome wheels. For a moment I didn't know what it was. I had read about it, seen it on the telly but those big wheels and big grill surprising me like that...I'll always have that memory.

That does not mean I'd ever buy one. It's made by the wrong company. Unless someone proves different, Chrysler is crap. I like the look though. Hip hop is going to cause a lot of inner city people to buy it. That's who was driving the one I saw. Who cares, here in South Florida....everybody drives everything.
Old 07-09-04, 06:01 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I wouldn't be to quick to doubt the quality of the 300 and Magnum. Chrysler quality has significantly improved in the last couple years. It's like saying that Hyundai quality still sucks but they have proven otherwise. My mother has owned a PT Cruiser for 2 years without a single problem and the thing is as solid as a rock. Consumer Reports rates numerous Chrysler products above average in reliablity and
I believe these new models will continue this trend. Chrysler has made a new focus on quality because they know there future depends on it.
Old 07-09-04, 08:43 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 364 Posts

One nice aspect is that there has not been this type of excitement over any Detroit car in my eyes. People tend to stick to a particular manufacturer and this Chrysler has attracted new drivers from other lines. I personally like the styling as it reminds me of the cars of yesterday with an American contemporary flavor.

GM/Chevy will also be motivated to the game so it will be interesting to see what develops in the coming years. Will Chrysler edge into the luxo market and go head to head with Caddillac? I think we'll see that. Obviously Lincoln will wake up and see if they will broaden their appeal to a younger market by adding or changing the Towncar, Continental and/or LS.

Interesting times. To me, the car market is jumping by leaps with the integration new technologies and young agressive designers.

Last edited by RA40; 07-09-04 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-09-04, 08:50 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 300

It was a long time ago but I had a Plymouth in high school. It was crap (Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth all the same). After college I worked at a rental car company. Those cars were crap. More recently I know two people who had, I mean HAD 300m's. Crap.
The car looks great but I wouldn't take a chance unless there is a proven track record. Might as well buy another crap Benz than a Chrysler. Oh wait...that's the same company.
Old 07-09-04, 08:55 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the looks, the Hemi V8, but then again it's an American-made car...
Old 07-09-04, 10:50 PM
LexFather

Just months after launching the popular 300 saloon, DaimlerChrysler is recalling up to 20,000 of them in America to fix suspected defects. Owners of the 300s, sister-model Dodge Magnums, Chrysler Sebrings and Jeep Liberties (Cherokee) are being asked to bring their vehicles to dealerships to get the faults (to battery cables, child seat anchor points and seat belt attachments) fixed.

Old 07-10-04, 05:20 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just months after launching the popular 300 saloon, DaimlerChrysler is recalling up to 20,000 of them in America to fix suspected defects. Owners of the 300s, sister-model Dodge Magnums, Chrysler Sebrings and Jeep Liberties (Cherokee) are being asked to bring their vehicles to dealerships to get the faults (to battery cables, child seat anchor points and seat belt attachments) fixed.
OOPS.
Old 07-10-04, 06:32 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by GS4fun
OOPS.
Funny thing is, TO ME, it's no big deal, it's an American made car, OWNED BY BENZ, we all know problems will happen. I don't expect it to be trouble free.

Quick Reply: New Chrysler 300 fuels trade-ins of import cars(new pics and info pg 3 & 4)