Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

mouse in the car

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-04, 05:21 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoa! A mouse
Old 07-12-04, 06:01 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

well, still dealin with this prob. i bought these "tomcat" mouse traps that are a little more "animal friendly". How'd that go? well, the mouse ate the peanut butter off the trap, and it didn't set it off!!!!
sooooooo, we're back to using the original, animal cruel, old school wooden mousetrap AND one of
those pellet things that will kill them if/when they eat it. i know, i know, the thing is gonna eat it and
probably gonna go to it's hiding spot and croak, and there will be a VERY foul odor for a two weeks
but, for one, from those that i've spoken to, combined with the research i've done, has led me to
believe that this thing is very possibly pregnant, and i hear that mice breed VERY quickly. also,
when we turned the ac on, shrapnel flew out from the vents, so, this thing is eating up something
in there. and finally (and probably most importantly), my wife wants it out, no matter how. married
men, i'm sure you feel me. those that aren't, one day (unfortunately), you'll understand. (ps-love
ya honey )

the war continues......
Old 07-13-04, 06:53 AM
twenty1
Lead Lap

so i wake up this morning and of course, mouse ate the peanut butter and didn't trigger the conventional trap. wow.
Old 07-13-04, 07:22 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by twenty1
so i wake up this morning and of course, mouse ate the peanut butter and didn't trigger the conventional trap. wow.
Why not gas him out?

Just leave the car running - roll the windows down & pop the hood then seal up your garage and wait for CO2 and carbon monoxide to do their magic.

If you've got an old beater without cats, let it do the gas-making.

Old 07-13-04, 12:20 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

use cheese on the trap, make sure you secure it nicely too. They just lick peanut butter off.
Old 07-13-04, 01:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

I still think installiing an ultrasonic pest deterrent is worth trying, the mice will leave themselves. Also deter other pests from your house's vicinity.
Old 07-13-04, 01:41 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Burn the vehicle immediately.
Old 07-13-04, 01:58 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

I'd trade it in and ask for a better than average trade-in due to it's new wildlife features...LOL!
Old 07-13-04, 03:19 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I'll bet you a buffalo nickel that mouse is getting in and out of the cab through the floor vents.
Old 07-13-04, 09:12 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

through the floor vents???? can mice really collapse themselves into something that small?

anyway, i bought some of the sticky stuff. they do sell the ultrasonic sound stuff at home depot.
if sticky stuff doesn't work tonight, will but that tomorrow and use extension cord to put it in the car.
how fast do you think that ultrasonic stuff will get the mouse (mice) movin? minutes? hours?
Old 07-13-04, 09:52 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I say to close all the air vents but one... turn the air on Cold as possible and as high as itll go. Leave it running for about 15 to 20 min and hopefully when it gets too cold, itll come out of its hiding place. Now the other problem is that if its hiding anywhere in the dash or the air system, your wife is breathing in those spores which are not all that healthy to be breathing. So if all those methods dont work, i say sell the car. thats worse than having a lemon. wish you all the luck!
Old 07-13-04, 10:50 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

OK, you're gonna laugh, but I swear by these traps. I happened to have one still in my garage so I just snapped a pic for you. As you can see, it has a fulcrum on the bottom and when the door is set up and the trap is leaned in the direction of the door, it is delicately balanced... enough to put a few pieces of cat food in the far end. Mouse goes in...trap closes...voila. No harm to the little guy.

Oh, and the brand name in case it's not legiblie in the pic is VICTOR. Found these at Home Depot (go figure) Good luck.

Last edited by ebruce2; 07-13-04 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-14-04, 12:21 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

iam still laughing he said "mini- turds" lol too funny

Last edited by lexusondubs; 07-14-04 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-17-04, 09:32 AM
twenty1
Lead Lap

no more mouse sightings. didn't catch it in glue traps. we believe (and hope) it ate the d-con and croaked. as for foul odors, well, there so many different air fresheners in the car right now, it looks like
a scene from the movie seven.
Old 07-17-04, 10:42 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Burn the vehicle immediately.
I have seen a mouse trap box which they go in and it shocks them to death! Put in a battery and some peanut butter and your all set. Saw it at Fred Meyer

Good Luck and you wife will probably want a new car IF you show her the dead mouse

Quick Reply: mouse in the car