Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So I see Junction Produce's new site is up.....v. wtf mate?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-04, 01:02 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow....yeah...i see how this fits in now...she must be pissed.
Old 07-11-04, 06:30 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still lost here
Old 07-11-04, 07:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

The site says JP doesn't produce any parts, and I believe that. I also think JP products are LUDICROUSLY priced. The GS tail lights are nice, but what are they, $1200? I saw a JP 3 piece stick on spoiler for $600?
Old 07-11-04, 09:54 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

High priced products = exclusive.
Old 07-11-04, 09:57 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
High priced products = exclusive.
Thank you!!! I wish some people could understand this...
Old 07-11-04, 10:24 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think John said something about it here in this old thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...nction+produce
Old 07-11-04, 10:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
I remember reading something about this (I think).... some bizaare lady thought she'd get the JP dealership in the US and when she didn't she put up a bunch of slander sites. I think she did it for another vendor as well where she didn't get what she wanted. Sour grapes
hahhaa..... what a b8tch she definitely doesn't have any good spirit
Old 07-11-04, 11:35 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that website has changed four times in the last 24 hours......someone must be bored over there!

bit, I agree with you (), ridiculously overpriced stuff! I don't care what anyone says about exclusivity... would you buy a plastic spork off me for $900 if I put a logo on it and told you it was "exclusive"? $1300 for regular plastic tail lights is...well, to put it diplomatically...a waste of money!

If I was JP, my first priority would be to reacquire my own domain names because lord knows how many customers have been turned away out of confusion/frustration this lady has created with these 3 domain names...
Old 07-11-04, 11:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by lex400sc
Wow, that website has changed four times in the last 24 hours......someone must be bored over there!

bit, I agree with you (), ridiculously overpriced stuff! I don't care what anyone says about exclusivity... would you buy a plastic spork off me for $900 if I put a logo on it and told you it was "exclusive"? $1300 for regular plastic tail lights is...well, to put it diplomatically...a waste of money!

If I was JP, my first priority would be to reacquire my own domain names because lord knows how many customers have been turned away out of confusion/frustration this lady has created with these 3 domain names...
well, on JP's defense (i am being neutral, just that i have done some hw), try to make a clear tailights in the same quality as the one from JP, i bet it's going to cost at least 1k.
Old 07-12-04, 12:26 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

where can I get a Junction Produce spork!?!?!?!

LOL
Old 07-12-04, 12:36 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
well, on JP's defense (i am being neutral, just that i have done some hw), try to make a clear tailights in the same quality as the one from JP, i bet it's going to cost at least 1k.
I could, and I would do it.....if I had a GS . There are two plastics fabricators in Dublin, and I know at least one of them can do anything you want them to with plastic . In fact I'm talking to them about making me custom SC headlights. Either way, JP can do whatever they feel is most successful for them, I just wouldn't lay down a G.3 for tail lights with clear blinkers instead of orange. I think the '01 GS tails look beautiful as they are!
Old 07-12-04, 12:37 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by juan01
where can I get a Junction Produce spork!?!?!?!

LOL
PM me, I'll hook you up... half price!
Old 07-12-04, 09:42 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this site intensified since the opening of the US office the past few weeks. Of course with me being the main target of this site now. DaveGS4 hits it right on the nose. She also has other sites that she made, www.teinsucks.com and I forget what others.

Oh yea. Of course, We don't manufacturer some of our parts. One thing is for sure, Toyota manufactures our clear tails for us. Not some taiwan-ese or APC type company. Wheels? OZ right? Maybe a US company will begin to make our wheels now too. A lot of companies, even outside of the auto industry, do not make all of their products in house. Even big companies like Hitachi, Sony, and other companies have products out-sourced. We DESIGN and DEVELOP our own products however, and don't copy, bite, or replicate anything else. We ensure the fitment and quality. Everything is made in Japan and not MASS-PRODUCED by some company in Taiwan or China. We make everything to order to ensure that these products are good to go. Japan has a lot of rules and regulations in regards to manufacturing. Exhausts, Wheels, and even fiberglass products. No offense, but it would be easier to go with someone like "Apex'i" to make our exhausts for us rather than we make it ourselves and ****** it up for u guys. (Another hint)

I am not afraid to admit that some of our stuff isn't made in house. We outsource it like a lot of other companies. You would be suprised to find out out WHICH other JDM body kit makers also have their kits out-sourced....
Old 07-12-04, 01:59 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

At Jay's meet the other day, Lexkost was telling me the adventures with a Trenz grill fitment for a UCF10/11 application. Sometimes you wonder how these companies define the term "bolt-on". The assurance that a product will fit and perform as specified is worth quite a lot.

Last edited by RA40; 07-12-04 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-12-04, 05:11 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ridiculously overpriced stuff! I don't care what anyone says about exclusivity
Funny you mention exclusivity... and here we are all driving expensive Toyotas. I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion- I'm just trying to put a different spin on things:

If a Ferrari was $16,000, and everybody had one, would anybody want one?

With my daily commute, I should drive a Prius. Do I want to drive one? Nope.
Do I want to drive a stock Lexus? Nope.
So, I have taken a (somewhat) exclusive car, and modified it to be even more exclusive.

BTW, Lexus does not make tires, wheels, headlight HID ballasts, glass... among many other things.

Quick Reply: So I see Junction Produce's new site is up.....v. wtf mate?