Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What would you buy? CL-S or IS300?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-04, 12:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by rogers
I agree with you Xenthar, Sick does have a problem with putting other people cars down sometimes.
But I think every car person does that, I guess that's just the way it is. Those little scenarios he gives is full of ****, most woman know how a Lexus is300 looked. No woman is going pick an is300 over a g35 coupe. "Unless the woman is blind"
I must say the people in the south do go crazy when they see rims on a nice car. FYI: Original from South Carolina.
Here in DC that **** don't fly as much. You might get some play but you got be rolling with the big boys.
Especially in Georgetown I sometimes think you have to own a bmw just to talk to those chicks.

Back on topic: If you can find a 6 speed cl Acura go for it. If you can’t find one get a gs300 or look for something else.
Is your preference performance or luxury?
well, careful what you say there, my wife doesn't take insult. she picked the is300 over the g35 coz' she thinks the interior of g35c is horrifying. and no she's not blind, she drives more aggressively than a lot of woman as well.

back on topic
Old 07-15-04, 12:42 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you sure that she didn't prefer 4 doors over 2 doors? Hmm
So she can take her girlfriends to the mall or something. Reason
Both cars interior is not that great. Everybody have different tastes but the g35 coupe is so sexy on the outside.

Honestly do you think a is300 look better than a g35 coupe?

Last edited by rogers2; 07-15-04 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-15-04, 01:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Both cars interior is not that great. Everybody have different tastes but the g35 coupe is so sexy on the outside.

i am another factor, performance alone i would choose the g35 already. she likes the look of the g (well, not the back exactly) but she hates the interior so bad. she loves the interior of the is3 though. and nop, we have the gs4 so 4 door was not a requirement at all when we bought our car

and i am serious, she doesn't like shopping too.... (yes she is a woman still)

anyway, i guess my point in general is, it's kinda silly to put all those factors in what guys and gals think of a car. that's so subject and imho that has no analytical measures. it only makes a thread like this to become totally useless.

so every time people ask me about which car is better, i tell from fact. room which one has more, better? fast, which one is faster? handling, which one can turn faster? reliability, which one can allow me to stay away from dealership longer? quality (if i have touched all choices), which one is more solid. interior, which one is more useful?

look? style? interior style? give me a break, i never touch those topics. if the person who asks me to compare cars they already hate one of them coz' the exterior looks like an ***, why would he/she even include that car in the list anyway? so this subject imho is pointless. bringing it up and/or even argue over it is pretty stupid imho. again i do NOT want to offend anyone, and that's exactly why i hardly reply to those response.

but personally i don't want to see another thread like this to go out of hand and end up seeing a lock icon on the thread. it's stupid. it's just how i see it from the point of a moderator
Old 07-15-04, 01:16 PM
rogers2
Racer

I agree I was pushing my personal opinion a little hard.
Man your wife don't shopping!! I can only wish.
Every week it's something new. I swear I see a QVC box every 5 days on my door step.
Old 07-15-04, 01:17 PM
LexFather

Well in my example you will see, people LOVE the G35c, most all. They just have no idea what it is. When you say "Infiniti" most still don't know. That is all I was saying.
Your statement on rather a women would want ride in a lexus or acura. In DC that **** don't pass the smell test. Buddy
LMAO!!!
I have a good bud that just moved there, he says D.C is BIMMER country. That is all he sees. Thinking of trading up his Anniversary Max for a 540 or CLK 430 to "fit in".
I agree with you Xenthar, Sick does have a problem with putting other people cars down sometimes.
Who me?
People don't like hearing the truth. I speak it. Jeremy Clarkson and I should have tea together. You want another scenerio:
Me-"You want to do lunch"
chic-"sure, your driving righ"
"yeah, I'll drive"
"Cool, I heard you had a Lexus"
"yeah I do"
"I always wanted one, I hear you coming in all the time"
"oh"
"It supered up or something"
"Oh, that was my old Lex, I wrecked it"
"oh, but you still got a Lexus"
"yeah"
"oh, cool"
(as we approach the car)
"hop in"
"oh, this car is different huh"
"yeah"
"older"
"yeah"
"slower"
"uhh yeah"
"better on gas I bet"
"(thinking to myself, biatch!) yeah"
"oh"

See, that is the truth and I just pretty much dissed myself. It's okay though, it's the truth and quite funny.

Old 07-15-04, 01:23 PM
rogers2
Racer

Sick thanks for make me laugh.
Yeh DC is bimmer country.
That's all the ladies talk about here. Just today I was talking this young lady in my office about cars. The only words that were coming out her mouth was bimmer this bimmer that.
Old 07-15-04, 01:33 PM
LexFather

Sick thanks for make me laugh.
Yeh DC is bimmer country.
That's all the ladies talk about here. Just today I was talking this young lady in my office about cars. The only words that were coming out her mouth was bimmer this bimmer that.
I will say when I do meet ladies that know a little or some about cars. Very impressive.

I don't think ya'll would like it if I was 1NICELEX or 1SWEETLEX anyway.

Old 07-15-04, 01:46 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i don't really like neither car but from the logical point of view I can say this. MB has a better name and more power no doubt. The looks are subjective but I do like IS a little better. IS has an advantage of RWD, reliability and the engine potential / build which I can't say for the benz. I'd choose IS.
Old 07-15-04, 04:12 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Xenthar
No i dont think my eyesight is bad. Your might be though...a subaru forester doesnt seem like something good to look at if you had clear vision....
Attached Thumbnails What would you buy? CL-S or IS300?-foresterg35.jpg  
Old 07-15-04, 04:41 PM
agreziv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! funny *****, but I'll still take a G35... forester not my cup of tea... guys I've decided what car I want.....

SC400, luxury, and some what of a quick car, and a quicker car on nitrous..

Last edited by agreziv; 07-15-04 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-15-04, 04:52 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
i don't really like neither car but from the logical point of view I can say this. MB has a better name and more power no doubt. The looks are subjective but I do like IS a little better. IS has an advantage of RWD, reliability and the engine potential / build which I can't say for the benz. I'd choose IS.
I thought this was between the Acura CL-S and IS300? Where does MB come in?

LOL....just messin' with ya Pete....it's been awhile.
Old 07-15-04, 05:00 PM
agreziv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BR1AN
[B]I thought this was between the Acura CL-S and IS300? Where does MB come in?

I'm assuming he's talking about benzs because of all the luxury name brand crap.... and yes MB is the king of brand name... its what the "general public" see as the #1 luxury car
Old 07-15-04, 05:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by retrodrive
haha, ok, where does MB come from now?
Old 07-15-04, 05:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

I agree I was pushing my personal opinion a little hard.
Man your wife don't shopping!! I can only wish.
Every week it's something new. I swear I see a QVC box every 5 days on my door step.
you just need to look around i guess, just like finding a perfect car (cl-s or is300). no jewelery, no flowers, no stuff animals, most expensive bag is 30 bucks...

she does ask for the 911 turbo and also a house...
Old 07-15-04, 06:38 PM
LexFather

[QUOTE]Originally posted by agreziv
[B]
Originally posted by BR1AN
I thought this was between the Acura CL-S and IS300? Where does MB come in?

I'm assuming he's talking about benzs because of all the luxury name brand crap.... and yes MB is the king of brand name... its what the "general public" see as the #1 luxury car
I agree, MB ownsz brand wise, with BMW then Lexus at 3rd.

Quick Reply: What would you buy? CL-S or IS300?