Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What would you buy? CL-S or IS300?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-04, 07:02 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess you will just have to go testdrive them or something. See which one you feel more.

If you just want the straight line punch of the CL-S and not the fun of RWD on the IS300, I suggest a Firebird or something.
Old 07-15-04, 07:26 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Xenthar
No i dont think my eyesight is bad. Your might be though...a subaru forester doesnt seem like something good to look at if you had clear vision....
Speaking of looks...You're right, the Forester isn't much of a looker. I guess that's kind of a good thing, 'cause I can take other drivers out of their misery by showing them my tail lights in quick fashion if I so choose...Then they won't have to stare at my f00gly car anymore...

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
People don't like hearing the truth. I speak it. Jeremy Clarkson and I should have tea together.
Mike, we should have a DNA test or something done to make sure we don't share a brain. If you could set up tea with Jeremy Clarkson, I would love to come along.

By the way, have you seen the "5th Gear" show on SPEED? It comes on Monday nights at 9pm. Not as good as Top Gear, but it's British and pretty darn cool and entertaining.

They ran a re-run today and the guy was like, "Well we finally have the new RHD 7-Series here...Chris Bangle says it communicates [athleticism, luxury, and the future (those weren't his exact words, but you get the idea)]. No, Chris, it doesn't. It communicates fatness, weirdness, and just-what-the-hell-is-that?..."

It was a trip. And then in another segment they had a guy testing a new Citroen super-mini class car (the C3, I think?) and he was evaluating build quality...Literally, he was able to make the door panels fall of with no effort and remove most pieces of interor trim/panels...and nonchalantly he was like, "Oops, I think I broke it...Complete rubbish."

I guess you would have had to see it. I was LMAO. I think you'll agree with me that the British automotive press is peerless. Always a good time.
Old 07-15-04, 10:14 PM
LexFather

Mike, we should have a DNA test or something done to make sure we don't share a brain. If you could set up tea with Jeremy Clarkson, I would love to come along
You, GlobeCLK and I have always been in agreement with the usual funny jabs. We should start a magazine.

Old 07-15-04, 10:39 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Speaking of looks...You're right, the Forester isn't much of a looker. I guess that's kind of a good thing, 'cause I can take other drivers out of their misery by showing them my tail lights in quick fashion if I so choose...Then they won't have to stare at my f00gly car anymore...

Mike, we should have a DNA test or something done to make sure we don't share a brain. If you could set up tea with Jeremy Clarkson, I would love to come along.

By the way, have you seen the "5th Gear" show on SPEED? It comes on Monday nights at 9pm. Not as good as Top Gear, but it's British and pretty darn cool and entertaining.

They ran a re-run today and the guy was like, "Well we finally have the new RHD 7-Series here...Chris Bangle says it communicates [athleticism, luxury, and the future (those weren't his exact words, but you get the idea)]. No, Chris, it doesn't. It communicates fatness, weirdness, and just-what-the-hell-is-that?..."

It was a trip. And then in another segment they had a guy testing a new Citroen super-mini class car (the C3, I think?) and he was evaluating build quality...Literally, he was able to make the door panels fall of with no effort and remove most pieces of interor trim/panels...and nonchalantly he was like, "Oops, I think I broke it...Complete rubbish."

I guess you would have had to see it. I was LMAO. I think you'll agree with me that the British automotive press is peerless. Always a good time.
you can DL many episodes of TopGear and 5thGear from www.racingflix.com . It's kinda slow but leave it to DL like 10 clips overnight and you'll wake up to some funny stuff

You, GlobeCLK and I have always been in agreement with the usual funny jabs. We should start a magazine.
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by rogers
Sick thanks for make me laugh.
Yeh DC is bimmer country.
That's all the ladies talk about here. Just today I was talking this young lady in my office about cars. The only words that were coming out her mouth was bimmer this bimmer that.
Sorry for the late post on this guys, but I missed the forum for a couple of days....doing some test-driving.
Yes, DC is indeed BMW country.......I live just outside of it in the VA suburbs. BMW became firmly established here in the mid-to-late 1980's with the growth of the hi-tech industry and the "Yuppies" it attracted.........Young Urban Professionals. They had plenty of money, ogled over Bimmers, and bought them up in droves. BMW became as much of an institution here as political bulls---. Only recently, with the introduction of the Chris Bangle cars and competition from other makes, has BMW's bubble started to burst.
And not just BMW's but the whole auto industry....we are the second-largest new-car market ( and traffic congestion ) in the country now, second only to Southern California, primarily because of the large population and HUGE amount of money in this area.

On another note, guys...... while, of course, are entitled to your opinions, be careful about bagging the Forester. It may not be much to look at ......a classic two-box design on wheels. but I nave never known ANYONE who has ever bought one, from the base model all the way up to the new turbo and L.L. Bean, that has not been well-pleased and just delighted with it. I've said in many posts that Subaru makes the best inexpensive AWD system on the market.

Now, back to topic.....CL-S or IS300? Lexus, hands-down.
Old 07-16-04, 01:16 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be cool. Maybe we can convince them to let us do Top Gear America.

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
you can DL many episodes of TopGear and 5thGear from www.racingflix.com . It's kinda slow but leave it to DL like 10 clips overnight and you'll wake up to some funny stuff
Awesome, thanks!