Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nice renovated garage!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-04, 07:05 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ultgar
ummm why does he just have single car bays...why not dual bays?...i understand that the garage is over sized..but i wouldnt wanna drive my ferrari through that single bay....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...You're absolutely right. I never use anything less than 9' wide doors on projects these days. The project posted here was a remodel and 2 of the bays already had 8' entrances which I left alone. The new workshop bay door was limited to 9' because there will be a lot of noise when cars are running inside and the smaller opening was easier to deal with acoustically.

I do wish I had more space but the garage size was limited in size so it would not overpower the house (plus I had my wife to deal with). Unfortunately, some of the cars have to remain outside if the shop is tied up with a project. SD

Nice garage man. Say, is it for rent? I wouldn't mind living there!!
Old 07-21-04, 08:02 AM
ultgar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Oh my God!!!!! Man, this garage has got to be more than an ultimate garage!

The stone work is so beautiful!!!
Here's the details on the stonework...see http://www.ultimategarage.com/stonework.htm . Besides putting in the footings to support the mass, I had to build out all the soffits to give a proper overhang. Then it made sense to go with copper instead of aluminum gutters and drip edge. An endless expense cycle. SD
Old 07-21-04, 08:37 AM
LexFather

Here's the details on the stonework...see http://www.ultimategarage.com/stonework.htm . Besides putting in the footings to support the mass, I had to build out all the soffits to give a proper overhang. Then it made sense to go with copper instead of aluminum gutters and drip edge. An endless expense cycle. SD
So you found us . Welcome to Clubleuxs.

Old 07-21-04, 08:47 AM
ultgar
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by GS3Tek
yeah, if he owns a Lexus, those tools would never get used, except for mods.
I do a lot with the folks from Lista, not to mention using their cabinets in just about all of my projects. Here's a pic of this years race car. SD

Old 07-21-04, 08:48 AM
LexFather

So you found us . Welcome to Clubleuxs.

Old 07-21-04, 10:27 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

I do a lot with the folks from Lista, not to mention using their cabinets in just about all of my projects. Here's a pic of this years race car. SD

Hi. Welcome to CL Thanks for showing us your ultimate garage.
Old 10-01-04, 04:02 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

I might add the landscaping is also awesome. I want to do something like that...on a much smaller scale of course. I hope my side neighbors and the city will agree to a renovation. Those pics are so nice...it's worthy of a wallpaper...