Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lincoln sets J.D. Power service satisfaction record (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 12:25 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default service

Originally posted by Faraaz23
on a quick sidenote reggie, what year ES is that? Ours never has shutoff, but at stoplights and idle the RPM's sometime bog down enough to where i almost think its to the brink of shutting off.

It's a 99. Not being a tech, I forgot the name of the part they said needed replacing. When I pick the car and get the part name, I can tell you what it is so you can have it checked.
Old 07-25-04, 09:43 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess Lexus dealers are getting real cocky. So far I've been to 2 different dealership to order parts and the customer service is awful. I walk out angry most of the time depending on who I deal with. I walk in the parts department and there is a guy there that just ask " what do you want?" I'm like WTF!! I talk politely anyways but deep down inside, I'm pissed!! I can see why lexus didn't get an award for best customer service.
Old 07-28-04, 08:08 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Faraaz23
Doug, I agree wtih you there, pre-99 they definetely had something to prove... especially when they first came out. I see you're from IL... which dealer do you use? We bought or 92 from Lexus of Orland in Tinley Park, they were nothing but top-notch at the time... but now they join the ranks of those dealers you hear horror stories about. I've been to McGrath on ogden ave. a few times and have been extremely impressed though... then again, they have one the Elite of Lexus several times, so they must be doing something right.

We bought both of our cars from Arlington Lexus. I am very dissatisfied with their service of late. My wife's MAF sensor went out at 54K (4K out of warranty) - they got Lexus to pay for the part and we had to cover the labor. They charged us $125. Problem is that it is a $75 part and the install is about 5 minutes, so I'm thinking they did not do me a big favor. Oh but they waived the diagnostic fee!! Such a deal.

I had an engine tick on my GS that would NOT go away. McGrath said bad gas and poured some octane booster in there - I finally had to go through Lexus customer service and leave my car at Arlington until they fixed it (almost 5 weeks). They tried to give the car back twice - I just refused.

My 15K service was done at Lexus of Naperville. They gave me zero attitude about not doing the trans fluid - this compared to Arlington where they had a tech come in and threaten my wife that anything that happened out of warranty would not be covered if she did not do her trans fluid at 15K. I'm going to bring her RX in for the 60K to Lexus of Naperville.

Oh one more thing, Arlington pointed out that the RX trans gasket needed to be replaced - to the tune of $250 when we brought it in at 54K. We had to remind them that they changed it at 50K - yes, 4 thousand miles earlier. They agreed to do that one no charge. Even though I never saw a drop of trans fluid on the garage floor.

Whew, I've been waiting to write that stuff for a long time - I feel better now thanks
Old 07-29-04, 05:06 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: service satisfaction

Originally posted by reggiek
While I am mostly happy with my dealership's service the last 2 weeks have been a little disappointing. I'm definitely going to inform the general manager. Here's the story. My ES mainly driven by my wife has been acting up a little. My wife says the car actually shut off at traffic lights 2 times. It's had periodic shaking accompanied by low RPM's for several months. It only did it once a week. I finally experienced it and knew it was something serious. Took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago, after sitting around 2 hours the guy tells me nothing is wrong, they couldn't duplicate the problem. I asked if they used the diagnostic equipment. He said they just let it run a couple of hours and nothing happened. I let him know I was disappointed but left.
Yesterday I take the car back. Different service rep. This guy is more interesting in arguing with me about service maintenace intervals. He wanted to change the tranny fluid and I told him I inspected it and it looks and smells fine. He's telling me that means nothing and it should be changed. I agreed to do it along with a spark plug change since I'm close to 60,000 miles. Two hours later they call to say they found the reason for the idling problem and it would cost $350. I reminded them I have a certified warranty and the guys goes, oh I didn't know that.
When I go to pick up the car, I'm going to yell and scream so loud about the treatment, they'll think the world is coming to an end.

I picked up the car but didn't yell and scream as I wanted. I have trouble doing that when my wife is around. I did give the service guy a stern lecture though. I advised him to never argue with me again. The first time he recommended the tranny fluid change and I said no should have been the end of it. The second time I said no definitely should have been the end. I am totally disappointed he continued then used a threat to get me to break down. I told him I would be reporting this incident to the owner and gen mgr of the dealership.