Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

BMW dealer wrecks 3 month old M3 and guess how the dealer acts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-04, 02:27 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel so bad for the guy, but the lexus dealer where I live isn't any better. Most of their workers are rude and ignorant. Some don't even know what they are talking about and try to sell you something else. The lexus dealership here in Fresno is linked w/ dodge and one time they were trying to sell me dodge(mopar) power steering fluid!! Not only that, they were also rude. I hate the Fresno Lexus dealership here!!
Old 07-26-04, 02:30 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Default Re: dealer sucks

Originally posted by reggiek
I did this once at a Toyota dealership that was not being customer friendly to a lady friend of mine. I went to every salesmans desk that had a customer to tell our story. They threatened to call the cops. I said go ahead...I'll just go to the sidewalk where it's legal for me to stand and shout all I want. After hearing that and seeing 2 customers leave, they couldn't have been more attentive. Had five people out there working on my friends car.

Good for you!! I'd of done the same thing. Dealers are nice when they want to sell you a car, but after the purchse they are nothing but b@#$%**!!! I always try to avoid the dealers if possible.
Old 07-26-04, 06:55 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have plenty plenty friends with BMWS in that area. I will inform them.
Old 07-26-04, 11:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man isn't this old news from early this yr already?! it was all over the internet, not just now. very sad for the guy, and yeah, as we all know, bmw dealership they suck in general anyway
Old 07-26-04, 11:40 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I did this once at a Toyota dealership that was not being customer friendly to a lady friend of mine. I went to every salesmans desk that had a customer to tell our story. They threatened to call the cops. I said go ahead...I'll just go to the sidewalk where it's legal for me to stand and shout all I want. After hearing that and seeing 2 customers leave, they couldn't have been more attentive. Had five people out there working on my friends car.
for standing up for your friend. The dealership can have this up their a@@ for screwing with customers.
Old 07-26-04, 11:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

gosh you are my hero
Old 07-26-04, 11:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Question Why did he do it?

The one BIG question this whole unfortunate story doesn't answer is: WHY did that young twenty-something kid do this? HE is the one that got this whole situation messed up, not the car's owner, or the service manager, or the owner of the dealership. Sure, the obvious answer is " Man, I just wanted to do my thing with an M ". But that, of course, is not an acceptable answer....I mean, come on.....never mind early twenties.....when I was f---ing SIXTEEN YEARS OLD and just getting my license, I had more sense than this. And I was still a juvenile......this moron at least legally is an adult. So that's what I'd like to hear (and I bet we all would)........especially from this guy himself.....what makes him think he can just hop into some customer's car and try to play Michael Shumacher? Yes, the dealership may have fired him, but what did that accomplish?....it didn't make good on the damage he caused. If I was a sitting judge, I probably would have ordered him to take a second job until he earned enough himself to replace the car....and an M is not chump change.
Old 07-26-04, 12:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

short answer -- he's a jerk idiotic kid, simple as that.

however, the way i see it, that doesn't take anything less from the dealership being a total *** about teh situation. it's a company, they have to stand behind's their work, that's their responsibility, period, zip. dealership didn't do squard, that's all i care.

that kid? he will learn his lesson elsewhere
Old 07-26-04, 12:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
This doesn't surprise me one bit. I worked as an automechanic during college for a European luxury manufacturer and the management would take the best cars out all of the time for personal use. One would even go as far as to disconnect the speedometer and take cars out for as long as two weeks for the family vacation!

C.
That's not so easy to do anymore....with the newer electronic speedometer assemblies. The enclosed cables in the tubes and housings went out a number of years ago.
Old 07-26-04, 01:15 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey,Sick remember I told you a while ago about the BMW dealership down the street from where I work totalled a brand new Z8 that the customer bought in for a 1K check up. Obviusly, some QC took it for a spin and loose control of the Z8, it;s end up wrapped around a tree.
Old 07-26-04, 02:13 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by VVT-i
Hey,Sick remember I told you a while ago about the BMW dealership down the street from where I work totalled a brand new Z8 that the customer bought in for a 1K check up. Obviusly, some QC took it for a spin and loose control of the Z8, it;s end up wrapped around a tree.
Man, and with such a limited production car too!
Old 07-26-04, 07:39 PM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

I really enjoy this thread.

From my side I`m tired of test driving the cars. When I test drive I make no money, but they just keep walking after me and test drive this and test drive that.
Damn factory encourages test drives. Last time we got memo on repeated repairs they put 100 mile test drive as an example. I kid you not.
Well if they paid for 100miles time I wouldn`t mind, but no money so no kidding.

Interesting are people who bring you a car with empty tank for service or repairs. I like those guys, cause I just say to advisor "No, can`t drive it cause is empty..." done deal, no time wasted.

Far worst are stinking cars. Gee those are work outs. Or the pig stalls like homeless person live inside. Terrible. I have to find safety defect with those usually to get an excuse or straight forward refuse till they clean it up.

Then there are edit stickers. "Dude, how do you expect me to drive car alround with edit sticker? Huh?" That usualy take care for a hassle.

Then there are test drives with customers. For some reason only get those with mean full of machismo types. Guess those with nice vimen they do themselfs. Smart asses.
Can you hear it now? No. How bout now? No....

Now. Read your repair order carefully. Before you sign it.
There is a small print there, where you basicly agree for me to drive your car how long I deam neccessery. Not you, but me, your test driver. Hehe.

But hey! Relax, it is only a car. Machine, nuthing else.

Last edited by LexFather; 07-26-04 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 08:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

4) Stuka had a local, reputable bodyshop (Marco's in No Ho, best in L.A.)
This really is a good legit body shop. It is on the list of preferred body shops that's in our Immediate Repair Program group of shops for our company, the Automobile Club of Southern California.
Old 07-26-04, 09:08 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

From experience BMW drivers are real @$$holes. Now I know were that come from - the dealership and how they treat their customers
Old 07-26-04, 09:12 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by VVT-i
Yes I remember you telling me about that, and I couldn't imagine that happening to me.

Quick Reply: BMW dealer wrecks 3 month old M3 and guess how the dealer acts?