Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Volvo S80 T6 VS. GS 300

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-04, 05:19 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where's my wife?

Originally posted by boneweavr
Magneto112,

I haven't seen my wife since she picked up her new GS 300. She refuses to come home to cook my diner because she loves the ride in her new car and her CD (classical music) is still in progress. When can I expect her? She said she has a big smile on her face and wants to come pick me up and take a long drive somewhere for diner. Darn, I'm hungry now. I hate Lexus (kidding) for ruining my life!
LOL, that's a good problem.......I think

Congrats on the purchase
Old 07-30-04, 12:14 PM
ISfrmHoldn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a Volvo before my Lexus, traded a Volvo 850 for an 03' IS300 5-spd. Everyone asks why the Lexus has such a smooth ride (inline-6) after riding in the Volvo.
FYI I sold Volvo's in college, had a blast doing it. You can do a serious burn out in a T-6 S80, I still think you made the right choice.
My father drove a Volvo for 350,000 miles and wouldn't get rid of it because the car wouldn't die! My mother ended up totaling it. Car had the original Engine, Tranny, never any problems aside from a sunroof leak (once).
Old 07-30-04, 11:28 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

I own a Volvo 99 C70 and drive it daily... just from my personal experience, I'd tell you take the Lexus. The T6 of course has better pickup, but the reliablity I've experienced is horrible. Within a 6 month period, i have 3 major electrical problems that are going to cost me over $2,000 to fix. On top of it, my car has a faulty design which results in air-leaks. I've also had to have a new radiator at only 50k miles. My radio has been replaced 3 times under warranty, and it still malfuctions and jams the CD's inside of it... they just kept on replacing it with the same defectively-designed part. I've also had a prolem at 34k miles of where the upper engine was not getting enough oil (i forgot what part exactly needed replaced). I roam the Volvo boards a lot... and those guys with newer model Volvos have non-scheduled maintenance issues far more than any Lexus. Even in the new S60R, there's a rear suspension issue that the dealers are not able to fix. Besides reliability, and dealership service no-where near Lexus quality... I think they make very nice cars these days.
Old 07-31-04, 10:00 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Thats correct. We dont fix the car, we patch it up.
Old 07-31-04, 01:49 PM
boneweavr
Driver School Candidate

Default So long Lexus LS400

Sold my '91 Lexus 400 for $2000. It had 173,000 miles with no air contioner (non functioning=$1500 to repair) and needed a realignment and 2 new tires. The leather on the drivers side was torn and the entire leather seat has to be replaced. Otherwise, the car drives like a dream. I gave it to a kid I know and felt as though I gave it to a charity. I'm thrilled I could help someone else who really appreciated the favor I gave him. Someone else (another friend) offered me $500 more but I love the kid. I probably could have gotten even more from a stranger but I didn't want to advertise and helping friends is just too much fun for me. Kept my wife's '94 850 turbo Volvo with 108,000 mile and hope it goes 350,000 miles as stated in another reply (2 notes above). We love the new GS300. While buying that car I also decided to add the tire conversion kit to my '02 SC 430 after discussing this with several salespeople. The ride is too hard in the city where there are potholes in potholes. Good deal I think. $1700 for the kit and 4 tires (michelin Z rated). Let me know if there are any new opinions on the tire kit . I checked out the past posts about the kit. Boy, some of you people are really knowledgeable! Glad I started this thread. It's been fun. Thanks to everyone who helped me decided which car to buy.