Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hi-speed chase +mustang+incredible driver=cool vid

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-04, 06:04 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

All I can say is that those officers are sure aggressive.
Old 07-07-04, 07:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by GS3Tek
All I can say is that those officers are sure aggressive.
coz' they were so damn pissed?
Old 07-08-04, 08:27 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
that's some insane driving skills! that's freeway, high speed, and he could take control of the car completely, big props!

and nah, i don't think those cop cars have blowers at all, those are slow *** cars, they only got a heavy duty tranny and also heavy duty suspension. from a dead stop i don't think they can win most of us with v8 power honestly. if anything it's their high speed persuit training that gives them some advatage on persuits.

now the camero is another story, those cars are just purely freaking fast at all speed. but then sadly enough, that car can't turn
And....supercharged or not.......you got to consider the WEIGHT of these cop cars. The heavy-duty components alone in the suspension, brakes, and powertrain add weight......then you've got to add radios, powerpacks, computers, radar, laser, crime-computers, guns, ammo, arrest gear, K-9 dogs and gear (if applicable) , flares, portable signs, searchlights, sirens, overhead lights, larger batteries, etc.......the list is ENDLESS.
Old 07-08-04, 10:39 AM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They wouldnt supercharge those cars. Cops are told not to turn off their cars. Thats when 80% of engine wear occurs. If they were boosted then the components would not last as long.
Old 07-08-04, 12:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by mmarshall
And....supercharged or not.......you got to consider the WEIGHT of these cop cars. The heavy-duty components alone in the suspension, brakes, and powertrain add weight......then you've got to add radios, powerpacks, computers, radar, laser, crime-computers, guns, ammo, arrest gear, K-9 dogs and gear (if applicable) , flares, portable signs, searchlights, sirens, overhead lights, larger batteries, etc.......the list is ENDLESS.
you forgot all the donuts?
Old 07-08-04, 12:16 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
I rode in a police car when it had to accelerate real fast off the shoulder to blend into traffic at good speed. As he pushed the pedal all the way I started laughing that his car was slower then my mom's civic. He got so pissed.

Crown vic police cars are very, very slow. After years and years of development, even the most recent, most powerful vic has yet to break 9 seconds 0-60, and just barely broke 17 second quarter mile at 16.9. The cars are appalingly sluggish, weigh in at over 4,000 pounds, and for the record, there are no superchargers involved. The engine is an overhead cam 4.6 liter V8 block that generates 230 hp. The first modern vic of 1992 is actually capable of the same speed.

Mechanically there is no more power between a civilian and police vic, just some upgrades to make it more durable. The vic is however a better cop car than the chevy Wimp-ala that many use nowadays.
Old 07-28-04, 11:01 PM
JIMMY540i.com
Pole Position

Default (Video) An Amazing police car chase! Anyone seen this clip?

Simply Amazing!!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mustangspin.wmv

JIMMY
Old 07-28-04, 11:16 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Wow .... that is some great driving. Masterful use of all that Mustang's got going for it.

If he wasn't running from the police - I'd buy him lunch.
Old 07-28-04, 11:20 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

yeah, its a repost... but just about the most awsomest repost ever!!!
Old 07-28-04, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=125098
Old 07-29-04, 07:06 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl
you forgot all the donuts?
Yeah...but that adds weight to the DRIVER. Eat enough of them and the cop will end up looking like Buford T. Justice on Smokey and the Bandit.

Incidentially, while we're on that subject, a close friend of mine has auto-show-trophy-winning 1979 Jet-Black with gold-trim Trans Am...one of the rare ones with a stick.....just like the one on Smokey.
Old 07-31-04, 10:19 PM
lpd286
Driver School Candidate

wow you guys are something else, im a cop in jersey and i think some of these posts are a little too much.
now im not gonna talk for other states but i will tell you how it is in nj.
1. when you are chasing a car you would never shoot the tires out. if the car totally loses control and crashes into another car and kills that person, umm...that would be bad.
2. crown vics are extremely slow(thats probably the only thing i will agree with), but what other car can you fit all of the electronics and a sheild in the back and still stick a prisoner in. it is tight enough back there as it is. and keep in mind the township isn't gonna spend a lot of money on something like an m5, just in case someone would be stupid enough to respond with that.
3. i especially think its funny that all you guys think its cool and that the kid got the last laugh. even though he got caught and is probably in prison right now.
4. BTW in my line of work you deal with some real scumbags, so when i approach a situation that was as bad as that one i would sure hope that all my brothers would be there with me. i always tell people when i use caution when i lock them up, "i dont know you and i dont know what you will do." i would love to see some of you guys be put in that situation and walk up to that car by yourself.
anyway thats about it. i will probably never again check this so dont bother posting any bad remarks toward me cause i wont see them, nevermind you probably still will. and BTW that kid can drive, i never said that wasn't a cool vid.
Old 08-01-04, 04:47 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by lpd286
wow you guys are something else, im a cop in jersey and i think some of these posts are a little too much.
now im not gonna talk for other states but i will tell you how it is in nj.
1. when you are chasing a car you would never shoot the tires out. if the car totally loses control and crashes into another car and kills that person, umm...that would be bad.
2. crown vics are extremely slow(thats probably the only thing i will agree with), but what other car can you fit all of the electronics and a sheild in the back and still stick a prisoner in. it is tight enough back there as it is. and keep in mind the township isn't gonna spend a lot of money on something like an m5, just in case someone would be stupid enough to respond with that.
3. i especially think its funny that all you guys think its cool and that the kid got the last laugh. even though he got caught and is probably in prison right now.
4. BTW in my line of work you deal with some real scumbags, so when i approach a situation that was as bad as that one i would sure hope that all my brothers would be there with me. i always tell people when i use caution when i lock them up, "i dont know you and i dont know what you will do." i would love to see some of you guys be put in that situation and walk up to that car by yourself.
anyway thats about it. i will probably never again check this so dont bother posting any bad remarks toward me cause i wont see them, nevermind you probably still will. and BTW that kid can drive, i never said that wasn't a cool vid.
Officer i would like to welcome you to Club Lexus

i know what you do for a living is very dangerous

and i know i would never want to be in a situation like that ... nor would i be

like they say "you cant beat a radio" but at least you noticed

the kid could drive

and as far as people making ill remarks ....you wont find a lot of that here

i know you're probably just venting so if you do see this again

no need to be hostile
Old 08-02-04, 08:09 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Not all of us think what that kid did was cool, either, officer........ I sure don't.
As far as shooting out tires, I will accept your word as NJ cop that it doesn't happen there, but it DOES happen...I have actually seen videos of it.
Old 08-03-04, 04:27 AM
arien_one2
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by VSsc400
[but you know you can't get away..[/B]

Thats not always true...if your on a superbike, you can 90% of the time get away. Trust me!

Quick Reply: Hi-speed chase +mustang+incredible driver=cool vid