Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What should NASCAR do with Tony Stewart?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-04, 05:43 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Question What should NASCAR do with Tony Stewart?

Many of you who follow racing, no doubt, are well aware of Tony Stewart's antics on the track.....bumping into people and spinning them out, running people down into the infield, deliberately blocking people behind him, etc.... The latest incident, at Chicago, may be the straw that broke the camel's back, though he claims it was an accident. He has been fined numerous times, to no avail....he apparantly has plenty of money and can well afford it. What, if anything further, should be done with him?...let's get some opinions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...=tsn&type=lgns
Old 07-29-04, 05:52 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i personally like stewart. he isnt the generic cookie-cutter, smile for the camera, i just want to thank my sponsors, we had a great car, new school racer. that being said, he has been outta control this year. he is obviously frustrated with the new rules and tire combo that was put into effect this year. the kid prolly has more talent than anyone on the circuit. but he has def been a freakin wrecking ball all year. i was ok with most of it, until he blatantly punted kahne (2nd time this year) and caused a chain reaction that took out junior in the process. as for what nascar should do. its obvious what they should/shouldve done. the same thing they did to harvick in '02..........park his ***. but they wont. it frustrates me the evolving rules that the suits in daytona have, with regards to how they run the series. thye are starting to lose cred, big time. had someone like blaney, riggs, or any other 2nd/3rd tier driver driven with the abandon that stewart has, they might have been suspended for the year. how in the hell can you reach in a car and slap a driver and not even get a slap on the wrist. they suspended spencer for it, and busch provoked him. i really dont see stewart in the series for more than 2 more years.

Doc
Old 07-29-04, 09:19 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know... to me it may be that he could be getting a bad wrap by the media covering he every move. but when it becomes a common characteristic for erratic driving habits and being a hard *** in the pits, then they might have a bomb waiting to explode. For me, i say let him stay hes good for business. Lots of fans like him and he gets them a lot of press. But if things get out of hand, like more "rubbing incidents", i say cut him loose and ban him from Nascar.
Old 07-30-04, 10:22 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

home depot should hire him as a forklift driver. i'm sure they'll drop him in a heartbeat
Old 07-30-04, 01:16 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Stage3
But if things get out of hand, like more "rubbing incidents", i say cut him loose and ban him from Nascar.
but where do you draw the line?
Old 07-30-04, 01:18 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by Attila
but where do you draw the line?
That's the whole purpose of this thread.....to discuss this issue and give an opinion on where NASCAR should draw the line.
Old 07-30-04, 10:18 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

well this season hes had a few incidents. i say, put him on a probation for next season, and any incidents that there is the slightest possibility that he was the cause, then hes out. no appeal. But They cant make that public, then you would have too many people gunning to make him mess up. Put him on porbation and see what happens.