Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

the hype of the supra

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-04, 02:52 AM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

true true true.........................
i guess the interior just rubs me the wrong way.
the first time i saw a supra i thought it was a ferrai untill i saw the toyota emblems. funny huh
but seriously has anyone ever changed the interior on a supra.............................
Old 08-06-04, 10:17 AM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by sweetsc400
They both have seats and a steering wheel? Other than that, I'm not seein many similarities.
I meant the 93 Supra's interior looks much nicer when compared to the 1993 911 (993) Porsche. Today it might appear somewhat dated, but Porsche was forced to take notice.

Ferrari 348

vs 1990 NSX
Old 08-07-04, 06:16 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

I personally like the Supra's interior. It's attractive and performance oriented, just like the exterior.

Sorry if I offended you LexusLuver, I thought you were saying how similar the two interiors were. As for the two cars you've mentioned above, the Ferrari screams "kit car" to me. And they didn't make an NSX until 1991, but the Acura's interior has long been regarded as one of the most ergonomically correct interiors of its time. It's beautiful.
Old 08-08-04, 01:11 AM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

are those WHITE leather seats in the supra pix? that's way cooool!
Old 08-08-04, 08:57 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supra appeal

The Supra is unique looking. Has a nice low/ wide stance. Looks & feels like a racecar.. somewhat rare combined w/ Toyota reliability= very appealing. I found the Supra Interior very similar to my GS3/ 4's. It was just as ergonomic. There are a lot of similarities between the 2 cars. After having the Supra 4 a while I realized it was really a 2 door MKII GS w/ the 2JZ-GTE(so like a 2 door v300). This is especially prevalent in the '97+ Supras that had added more sound deadening materials to make the interiors quieter and a softer suspension for a smoother ride. IMO the GS is perfect 4 daily driving(work, school, etc...) & the Supra is perfect for other **** & weekends.
Old 08-09-04, 06:12 PM
sc3boost
Pole Position

it does look like a beast when it's done up right. i guess i'm just picky when it comes to my interior, thats why i bought an sc300 instead of a supra, my buddies told me i was crazy for not getting the supra even if it was a n/a one.
i think it time for the supra to get an interior change though, i'm not knocking the car but the place where i'm gonna spend most of my time was'nt very friendly to me.

hey also a couple of my buddies told me the new supra is gonna have a TTv8 with 600hp stock, is this true, i did'nt think the japs would ever make a v8 sports car, or is it just the ones they are gonna export.
Old 08-10-04, 01:28 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by O. L. T.
I think people have it wrong.....

Don't out the interior of the supra in your car, put the ENGINE of the supra in your car

don't get misguided, the seats aren't any faster
the 2 seats combined are 100lbs lighter = faster lol
Old 08-10-04, 04:04 PM
LexFather

I also like the drivers oriented Supra cockpit.

Old 08-22-04, 01:16 AM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Default danm...........................

ok it's cool to see so many people on clublexus love the supra so much, but if this is true then why don't you guys drive supras, i'm just asking don't mean to step on any toes, but if the supra came with the interior of the sc300 i would proberly have two of them
Old 08-22-04, 02:16 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: danm...........................

Originally posted by sc3boost
ok it's cool to see so many people on clublexus love the supra so much, but if this is true then why don't you guys drive supras, i'm just asking don't mean to step on any toes, but if the supra came with the interior of the sc300 i would proberly have two of them
There were no new Supras in 2000 or else I could possibly in one right now.
Old 08-22-04, 07:27 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default hated it...

I absolutely despise the Supra's interior. True it may have the "cockpit" form,... but aestheitcally, it's pretty pathetic in my opinion. For one,.. the plastic treatment is so cheap, it just looks plain cheap and then it scuffs very easily. Second, how tha hell are you gonna sell a car for $50K or somewhere near that, and have a turn **** automatic A/C with no kinda digital display?? Thirdly, what's up with the 2 ft high door jamb? I trip over it almost every time I try to get out of a Supra!!! The backseats are horrid.... The targa top is a pain in the azz to take out since you have to allen wrench 5 different locations to take the thing out, and to lock it back... and people I know have forgotten,.... OUT GOES THE TOP ON THE HWY!! The lighting on the interior cluster is that $2 bill green,.... on a black / white cluster no less.... hardly a sight compared to the backlit white lettering on black face of a SC400 or even my 300Z.

I love the performance of a Supra, but the lacking interior is how I ended up with a SC400. My 300Z's interior was a lot nicer than the Supra's from the ergonomic standpoint, to the grade of materials used within from the dash to the seats. The t-tops,....10 sec operation in and out,.... true it wasn't the beast of the east,...but a better total package.

If the SC's came with Supra motors / tranny's and everything they come with as they were, there would be no better car!!!!
Old 08-22-04, 03:55 PM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Default finally

globeclk...........................
i never said go get a 2000 supra, i know they stoped exporting them.

nazty97.............................
out of every one of my friends and everyone online you're the first person to actually agree with me, but i don't really blame toyota, i mean look at all the people that are lusting over the supra but choose to settle for the plastic like interior, why would toyota spend more r&d money to fix something that 10-25% of potential buyers don't like as for the back seat i'm not complaning, name a 2 door car that has a comfortable back seat that you would buy, i'm 6'0 250 and for my test drive in a supra i was royaly squeezed in the so called back seat, but thats what i like about two door cars, if i wanted a passenger hauler i would have gotten a suv, i abmit the sc's have a little more back seat but i'm not keeping score.
Old 08-22-04, 10:09 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: finally

Originally posted by sc3boost
globeclk...........................
i never said go get a 2000 supra, i know they stoped exporting them.
yah I was just answering yoru question of "if this is true then why don't you guys drive supras." i didn't get one because there weren't new ones being imported. unless you didn't expect anyone to answer
Old 08-23-04, 03:59 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: hated it...

Originally posted by NAZTY97
I absolutely despise the Supra's interior. True it may have the "cockpit" form,... but aestheitcally, it's pretty pathetic in my opinion. For one,.. the plastic treatment is so cheap, it just looks plain cheap and then it scuffs very easily. Second, how tha hell are you gonna sell a car for $50K or somewhere near that, and have a turn **** automatic A/C with no kinda digital display?? Thirdly, what's up with the 2 ft high door jamb? I trip over it almost every time I try to get out of a Supra!!! The backseats are horrid.... The targa top is a pain in the azz to take out since you have to allen wrench 5 different locations to take the thing out, and to lock it back... and people I know have forgotten,.... OUT GOES THE TOP ON THE HWY!! The lighting on the interior cluster is that $2 bill green,.... on a black / white cluster no less.... hardly a sight compared to the backlit white lettering on black face of a SC400 or even my 300Z.

I love the performance of a Supra, but the lacking interior is how I ended up with a SC400. My 300Z's interior was a lot nicer than the Supra's from the ergonomic standpoint, to the grade of materials used within from the dash to the seats. The t-tops,....10 sec operation in and out,.... true it wasn't the beast of the east,...but a better total package.

If the SC's came with Supra motors / tranny's and everything they come with as they were, there would be no better car!!!!
You're the 1% of the population that dislikes the Supra. The Supra was and always will be a far more superior car than the 300ZX of the same years. As for quality of materials, you cannot say the same thing about them now since most Nissan cars look like plain cookie cutter cars (same engine shared on 5+ different platforms, ugly exterior designs with plastic interiors and horrid ergonomics worse than GM.
Old 08-27-04, 08:45 PM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Default GLOBECLK

ok kool i just misunderstood you.
it is kind of crazy the money people are asking for a seven year or more car
if they did make new ones they'de be some where in the 50-60K

Quick Reply: the hype of the supra