Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

the hype of the supra

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 11:11 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm not that big of a fan of the 350Z's interior,... I think the older 300's was better quality,... considering the older version cost more in it's TT trim and the new version is targeted to be more "affordable",... when cost goes down, normally quality is right behind it.
Old 08-30-04, 11:17 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by NAZTY97
I'm not that big of a fan of the 350Z's interior,... I think the older 300's was better quality,... considering the older version cost more in it's TT trim and the new version is targeted to be more "affordable",... when cost goes down, normally quality is right behind it.
I agree with you that the old 300ZX had a better quality interior than the new 350Z. It also had better paint and hardware. But that was the point I ws trying to make...I was responding to bitkahuna's comment that you can't you can't market a low-quality interior today in an upmarket sports car.........the 350Z proves that you can. Not everyone cares about interior refinement...some people just want power alone.
Old 08-30-04, 03:57 PM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually you can market a car with cheap interior in todays market, if the name of the car is enzo or shelby your golden.

personally i dont concider the sc300/400 luxuary cars, to me they are confortable coupe's, if i want luxuary car i would get ( sl 500, 740i, LS430 ,db7 vantage) and the list goes on and on.
and also this is just my personal opinion, but sports cars don't have to be luxuarious, they don't even need to come in leather, in fact as long as long as it has a powerfull engine or an insane power to weight ratio, great suspention, a timeless body and a likeable and functionable interior, it's considered a sports car, and lastly it has to come with a stick, so far their are lots of manufactures that come close, but even less that surpass it.

i have a friend with a shelby cobra, he built it from scratch.
it's a TT small block, don't know what tranny he uses but it hauls ***, it only has 450 hp but it weighs alot less than 3000lbs, you do the math, this to me is a true sports car, it's fast , good looking, corners like a freight train, and the interior is simple and functional, no leather. and i love it.
Old 08-30-04, 05:20 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up True...

Originally posted by mmarshall
Well, the 350Z's interior....a car that isn't much more than a year old.......has a pretty cheap interior, in my opinion....and it has sold very well.

Originally posted by sc3boost
actually you can market a car with cheap interior in todays market, if the name of the car is enzo or shelby your golden.

personally i dont concider the sc300/400 luxuary cars, to me they are confortable coupe's, if i want luxuary car i would get ( sl 500, 740i, LS430 ,db7 vantage) and the list goes on and on.
and also this is just my personal opinion, but sports cars don't have to be luxuarious, they don't even need to come in leather, in fact as long as long as it has a powerfull engine or an insane power to weight ratio, great suspention, a timeless body and a likeable and functionable interior, it's considered a sports car, and lastly it has to come with a stick, so far their are lots of manufactures that come close, but even less that surpass it.

i have a friend with a shelby cobra, he built it from scratch.
it's a TT small block, don't know what tranny he uses but it hauls ***, it only has 450 hp but it weighs alot less than 3000lbs, you do the math, this to me is a true sports car, it's fast , good looking, corners like a freight train, and the interior is simple and functional, no leather. and i love it.
Old 08-30-04, 05:25 PM
LexFather

Automobile called the SC interior the finest interior in a car. They said it was perfect.
The SC was a 6 time pick, ten best winner 4 times (I think) and won most all it's comparisons. It's a luxury car. The SC is considered damn near a modern day classic.

The Supra, IMO, is still the greatest sports car out of Japan sold here. The interior is spartan but ergonomically sound.

You know what, just give me a second.....

Old 08-30-04, 10:50 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

I tend to lean more towards aftermarket "touched" supra's,... like Johnny Tran's Supra of Jo-Tech in dallas,... interior redone to what it should have been done in the first place,... new gauge cluster, backlighting, dash treatment,.... plus aero kit to enhance looks.... no doubt, the Supra can whip pretty much anything in it's modded state, and kill in the looks department when hooked up,...but in stock form... color can make a big difference too,... black, silver, and purple tend to hide the car's size more than the other colors,....

NSX I think is the ultimate sports car out of Japan,... not due to raw power, but due to design,... could use more horses, but it's still considered an exotic,....
Old 08-30-04, 11:42 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Arrow Hides the size & looks amazing- rsp

black, silver, and purple tend to hide the car's size more than the other colors,....
Your forgetting one of the best colors in Car History, Royal Sapphire Pearl! As far as the Purple goes I don't care for it on the Supra
Attached Thumbnails the hype of the supra-supra4.jpeg  

Last edited by JAC JZS; 08-31-04 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-31-04, 09:40 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

that's the purple I was referring to,... the RSP,... here's me and my crew in Austin...
Attached Thumbnails the hype of the supra-supra.jpg  
Old 08-31-04, 09:41 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

NSX I think is the ultimate sports car out of Japan,... not due to raw power, but due to design,... could use more horses, but it's still considered an exotic,....
I agree it was a very unique vehicle when it first came out...and is still a beautiful machine...needs a little more pep like you said but it will look fast when parked!..hehe

CEO
Old 08-31-04, 09:56 AM
LexFather

Old 08-31-04, 10:03 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
The 93 models were the fastest ever..and the automatics were faster than the sticks...my friend and i went looking for a 300zxTT back in late 92..and we ended up bringing home a supra TT in automatic...let me tell you that thing was fast!..the 4.6 is no joke!...i remember when we raced a ferrari 355 and a diablo to about 140 we smoked the 355 and were keeping up with the lambo...i was shocked/impressed..that maybe why i think its kinda hard to find the 93 supra turbo's in automatic. kinda like the 1995 355's were the fastest 355's ever made.

CEO
Old 08-31-04, 10:36 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by THE_CEO
The 93 models were the fastest ever..and the automatics were faster than the sticks...my friend and i went looking for a 300zxTT back in late 92..and we ended up bringing home a supra TT in automatic...let me tell you that thing was fast!..the 4.6 is no joke!...i remember when we raced a ferrari 355 and a diablo to about 140 we smoked the 355 and were keeping up with the lambo...i was shocked/impressed..that maybe why i think its kinda hard to find the 93 supra turbo's in automatic. kinda like the 1995 355's were the fastest 355's ever made.

CEO
Mine was a '93.5 Automatic turbo Youre right they are the fastest. Toyota added things to the Supra through the years(i.e. extra sound deadening materials to make for a quieter cabin, etc...) that added weight to the car in turn slowing down its acceleration.

that's the purple I was referring to,... the RSP,... here's me and my crew in Austin...
Youre the first person I have ever heard refer to RSP as purple lol When I think of purple Supras I think of the color I posted in my last pic. RSP definitely looks 90% Blue(or mostly Blue at the very least).

Last edited by JAC JZS; 08-31-04 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-31-04, 02:09 PM
LexFather

I NEED ALL TO BOW DOWN!!!

This is 12 years ago, for 42k, you are getting 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and a 13.1 1/4 mile. This is unreal. All Japanese sports cars MUST bow down TODAY.

Old 08-31-04, 02:19 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

This is 12 years ago, for 42k, you are getting 0-60 in 4.6 seconds and a 13.1 1/4 mile. This is unreal. All Japanese sports cars MUST bow down TODAY.
I bowed down when we peeled out of the dealership parking lot!

CEO
Old 08-31-04, 02:35 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amazing! toyota really sould bring back the supra. i need a new ride when i m done with my college.

Quick Reply: the hype of the supra