Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

the hype of the supra

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-04, 01:41 AM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the hype of the supra

why is it that every timi see a supra it makes me wannt trade my sc300, weather it's hooked up or not.
and it has nothing to do with a TT engine, if you have enough money you could make anything fast, the truth is i would have never got my sc300 if the supra did'nt have a big fault(in my book) the interior, am i the only one who does'nt like the supras interior, i know most people like it just because it's a supra but i could'nt live with that interior, how do you guys fell about this.

also did anybody ever put a sc300 interior in a supra??????????????????????????????????
Old 08-05-04, 07:04 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the supra interior IMO simple, functional, fitting for a car of that statute. not the luxury of an SC but still nice I think....
Old 08-05-04, 09:57 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

I think people have it wrong.....

Don't out the interior of the supra in your car, put the ENGINE of the supra in your car

don't get misguided, the seats aren't any faster
Old 08-05-04, 10:11 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

I guess i have never really looked to closely at it, but I agree the instruments a well layed out and everythig seems to have it purpose. Toyota left it at that. But I dont think it looks cheap, I do cringe everytime I see somethign like yellow bucket seats in one though. I mean even if the car is yellow, that dosn't make them ok.
Old 08-05-04, 10:56 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

The SC's are more of a touring coupe, you sit back in relax in the plush leather interior, turn on some tunes in you 12 speaker surround sound (or enjoy the silence in the cabin) and just chill.

The supra is a one hand one the wheel one hand on the shifter grab you by the ***** kinda car, screw leather your getting cloth! pay attention to the road! listen to the screaming turbocharged 6 cylinder ripping 7 grand shifts thru all 6 gears.

Or take A) SC300 mixed with B) Supras 2jz-gte and a little of C) money and D) insanity and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Old 08-05-04, 11:04 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

I like the Supra interior, because it's form following funtion. The seats have a good sporty shape compared to the SC, and the interior seems to physically turned slightly so everything is biased towards the driver. It's more of a driver's car and fits the car better. The SC and Supra are very different cars and the similarities under the skin compared to the differences on the surface are enough to separate them for me.

EDIT: On another note "the movie" also did a LOT to the Supra's image. They've always been great cars but after the movie was made their rep (and their prices ) shot up way more than they should have.

James
Old 08-05-04, 04:20 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

compare the Supra's interior to the 993
Old 08-05-04, 04:37 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Supra:

993:

Old 08-05-04, 05:02 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LexusLuver
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Toyota just took a good thing and made it better.

PS IVXX, I love your avatar. Bizzaro!
Old 08-05-04, 06:37 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Like the rest have said, although it may not be as luxurious as an SC, it certainly fulfills its needs. Much more driver and race oriented, and when you're driving a Supra, that's what matters

Originally posted by Overclocker
PS IVXX, I love your avatar. Bizzaro!
I love sealab
Old 08-05-04, 06:46 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LexusLuver
They both have seats and a steering wheel? Other than that, I'm not seein many similarities.

Last edited by sweetsc400; 08-05-04 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-05-04, 07:34 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

why would anyone make that comparison?
Old 08-05-04, 08:11 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I dont know.... but i get the same feeling. That was the car i was going to buy before i bought my GS4, but the insurance would have killed me. there is just something about that car that when you see it, it says to you "you know you want me." Its like the fine chick at the club that knows shes hot. all she has to do is go to the bar and shes got drinks lined up. All a seller has to do is think about putting the supra up for sale and hes got a buyer.
Old 08-05-04, 10:08 PM
sc3boost
Pole Position

Default thats what i'm saying stage3

forget the dumb movie! to me the real supra lovers are the ones that loved the supra when you could buy a TT 6spd for around 14-18K, ahh the good ole days.
but as for form and function i give it a 10 out of 10 but for me it looks a little......................well i can't find the word right now but when i first saw one in person in 96 it was like looking at a woman with an engine for a brain and some nice *****, but when i saw the interior i did'nt like or dislike but imo they could have worked a little more on the interior, this to me is the supras only flaw, but i guess to most people the engine and the styling make up for the interior. i'm not flaming anyone but thats just me.
i really hope when they redesign it thay send some to the us.
so basically you all feel the supras interior matcher the outside of the car????????
Old 08-06-04, 02:36 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love the interior of the Supra. When I drove one a while back, it's very nice. Everything's wrapped around the driver seat (like RX-7 and some BMWs but this is REALLY wrapping around you.) S2000 has some parts surrounding the driver, but the Supra just feels like it was originally designed for a 1-seater.

Everything's within reach and easy to get hands on. The view is superb, and the shifter is placed at a great location.

I would love to have the Supra's interior in my car but the GS's interior is already looking somewhat like the Supra's, alittle driver-oriented, just more symmetrical.

Quick Reply: the hype of the supra