Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

PRESS RELEASE: Lexus ES 330 Debuts Freshened Styling and Even More Luxury for 2005

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-04, 06:39 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like everything about the new and current ES. although in my opinion, i feel that the es should come with a sport package. u know like something the MB C55 AMG. or like with the toyota camry, have the es come with a body kit. i dont particully care for the wheel choices. Lexus i feel needs help with that. but overall, i like the car and i would buy one
Old 08-10-04, 03:47 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Wow - that interior looks absolutely phenomenal! Lexus has a lot to be proud of with this current ES - even if the exterior is hideous.

It's a fat ugly kid with a golden heart that does really well in school ... you just can't bear to hate it!

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 08-10-04 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-10-04, 03:51 PM
LexFather

Still not huge on the styling though it looks different from everything else. That interior is simply amazing for the money.

Old 08-10-04, 05:39 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

I've driven an '05 and let me assure you that the interior is absolutely beautiful with the perforated leather and new wood option this particular car had. I really like the new head and tail lights, as well as the new fogs and front end. However, I really dislike the new wheels. When I first saw it, and before I realized it was an '05 I thought it was a cheaper wheel option.

AJL-
The ES does come with a sport package, and is called the SportDesign edition. It has multi-spoke rims like BBS etc, and has a front strut stabilizer bar, badging, black pearl emblems, and special color options. Really not much sport, and some bad design. It makes the car look goofy to me and I don't like it.

James
Old 08-10-04, 07:18 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

JET846
I know that the es comes with es sportdesign package, but it only comes in 04 model year i think. what im proposing is that it comes with a different trim. like the toyota camry se w/ ground effect kit and 18"bbs. thats what i would like the es to come with, its already a nice car in my opinion, just to me, it would be nicer and i might actually want to get it.
Old 08-10-04, 08:10 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AJL0365
JET846
I know that the es comes with es sportdesign package, but it only comes in 04 model year i think. what im proposing is that it comes with a different trim. like the toyota camry se w/ ground effect kit and 18"bbs. thats what i would like the es to come with, its already a nice car in my opinion, just to me, it would be nicer and i might actually want to get it.
Actually Toyota does offer a bodykit and 18" BBS wheels as options for the ES (Windom) in Japan. Too bad that Lexus decides that most American buyers won't like it.
Old 08-11-04, 05:29 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Keep in mind that Lexus' mentality for the entry-level luxury market is a little different from other manufacturers'. Everyone else makes cars that have to be "all things to all people" as far as sportiness vs luxury, whereas Lexus sees the ES as a conservative, older-folks plush luxury car. If you want an enthusiast's, more-sports-than-luxury car, then just get an IS.
Old 08-11-04, 07:34 AM
Milla...

I don't know to me the small exterior changes makes me think it looks more like the Camery. No thank you I'll pass. I'd rather have the TL.
Old 08-12-04, 06:04 PM
JUS1MORTYM
Driver School Candidate

Default Beautiful Interior...

Very close to being sold at this point. Can live with the Camary likeness but,....there's just something very special about this design, more due to the interior I think. Though to buy a model this late in the production run, you'd always face the next years complete redesign which sorta make the current model outdated much quicker
Old 08-14-04, 01:32 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Milla...
I don't know to me the small exterior changes makes me think it looks more like the Camery. No thank you I'll pass. I'd rather have the TL.
If it came down to these two, yes I'm with you, but I was surprised how many people came into the Lexus dealership I worked at and drooled over the ES's. I never liked them, but people who love luxury and who love to be fondled by top quality leather and a gorgeous interior, then I believe the ES is a better car.

James
Old 08-18-04, 07:10 AM
Milla...

I don't really care for the interior design but the materials used are very nice i.e. wood appointments and the nice leather.
Old 08-18-04, 07:44 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

this is a lil' off topic, but have u like realized that all Lexus vehicles including the 06 GS except the IS and the current GS have projector headlamps now? I just now realized that. Projector headlamps in my opinion looks awesome on a car. wish i can get my Camry with them.
Old 08-18-04, 10:22 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by AJL0365
this is a lil' off topic, but have u like realized that all Lexus vehicles including the 06 GS except the IS and the current GS have projector headlamps now? I just now realized that. Projector headlamps in my opinion looks awesome on a car. wish i can get my Camry with them.
In Taiwan (where space is precious and therefore small cars are often equipped quite luxuriously), the Camry is even more advanced than the JDM Camry, with projector HID and AFS... Even the Corolla has HID headlights with LED taillights.
It's all about what Toyota perceives the local market needs.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-18-04 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-19-04, 02:47 AM
iloveGS300
Driver

In my Opinion there is no better luxury car for around 33k then the Lexus ES.
Old 08-19-04, 01:32 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by iloveGS300
In my Opinion there is no better luxury car for around 33k then the Lexus ES.
Agreed. That interior is breathtaking, especially for the price.

Quick Reply: PRESS RELEASE: Lexus ES 330 Debuts Freshened Styling and Even More Luxury for 2005