Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

05 Q45 Refresher

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-04, 03:41 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Q45 Refresher

http://www.infinitinews.com/infiniti...5/glance.shtml
a Glance: 2005 Infiniti Q45

Infiniti’s flagship Q45 premium luxury sedan receives a more distinctive, more aggressive exterior appearance for the 2005 model year, including new front and rear fascias, restyled hood and grille, new headlight design, new integrated fog lamps, restyled trunk decklid and finisher, LED taillights and new fine-line chrome trim throughout.

Inside, the Q45 adds to its luxury appearance with new sport contour, double-stitched seats, new pure white meter cluster and soft touch control cluster paint, an all-new metal shifter bezel, metal ***** and rich genuine maple wood and chrome accents.
The 2005 Q45 continues to provide a vast array of standard and available performance and technology features, including a 340-horsepower 4.5-liter V8 engine, voice-activated controls, DVD navigation system with 7.0-inch LCD information display screen and RearView monitor. Other available features include climate controlled seats and Intelligent Cruise Control with Preview Braking.

In addition, the Q45’s advanced 5-speed automatic transmission has been recalibrated for improved downshift response and smoother acceleration. The Q45’s performance-tuned active dampening suspension, previously available only on the Premium Package, is now standard on all 2005 Q45s. A new 17-inch wheel design with a titanium-colored finish is offered on Luxury models.

Other enhancements for the new model year include standard rain-sensing windshield wipers, revised standard DVD-based Infiniti Navigation system and new front “pre-crash” seat belts, which tighten under emergency braking to enhance the position of the driver for emergency maneuvering control and help position the driver and front passenger for potential air bag deployment.
The new 2005 Q45 goes on sale at Infiniti dealers nationwide in July 2004.

Highlights of the 2005 Q45 performance sedan include:

Body
• Revised exterior appearance with new front and rear fascias, new grille, hood and head lights, new integrated fog lamps, new trunk decklid and finisher, LED taillights and fine-line chrome trim
• Heated outside mirrors with memory and selectable left/right auto reverse tilt-down in reverse, puddle lights on underside of mirrors and driver’s side auto-dimming
• New fully automatic trunk open/close function
• Seven-lens High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights – among the most powerful headlight systems in the world???
• New rain- and speed-sensing windshield wipers
• All-steel unibody with high level of torsional rigidity
• Two new metallic exterior colors – Lakeshore Slate (medium blue) and Beryllium (medium brown)

Engine and Driveline
• 32-valve 4.5-liter DOHC V8 producing 340 horsepower and 333 lb-ft of torque, certified as Low Emissions Vehicle (LEV)
• Modular cylinder head design, lightweight pistons, titanium valves, continuously variable valve timing, variable length induction system
• 5-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with improved downshift response and revised manual shift mode
• Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) for improved stability
• Electronic Torque-Demand Powertrain Control System optimizes smoothness and performance

Suspension, Steering and Braking
• 4-wheel independent suspension with independent strut front suspension with front strut tower bar, stabilizer bar, multi-link rear suspension design with stabilizer bar
• Standard performance-tuned active dampening “RJ” suspension
• New standard 17-inch alloy wheels with titanium finish and P225/55VR17 tires (Luxury model)
• New standard 18-inch alloy wheels and P245/45VR18 tires and available 18-inch chrome-finish wheels (Premium Package)
• Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
• Available P225/55R17 run flat tires (available on 17-inch wheels only)
• 4-wheel vented disc brakes with 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
• Revised variable vehicle speed-sensitive power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering

Interior Features
• New sport contour, double-stitch front seats
• New pure white meter cluster, soft touch paint, real metal ***** on control panel, new shifter bezel and additional chrome accents throughout the interior
• New dual-tone Black and Firebrick interior color combination (replaces Willow)
• New dark genuine maple wood trim accents
• Contemporary, comfortable interior design with driver-oriented instrument panel and controls, dual zone heating and cooling, Infiniti signature analog clock, embroidered Infiniti logo on front seat backs
• Standard Vehicle Information System and DVD-driven Infiniti Navigation System with center multi-function 7.0-inch LCD screen
• Standard RearView monitor and heated front seats
• Available climate controlled seats for driver and front passenger with cooling and heating functions (standard on Premium Package)
• Standard satellite radio pre-wiring with choice of XM or Sirius services
• Premium 300-watt digital Bose® audio system with eight speakers, Bose AudioPilot™ Noise Compensation Circuit Technology, in-dash 6-disc slot-type CD changer, plus AM/FM and cassette
• Infiniti Voice Recognition System featuring Visteon Voice Technology™
• Standard electronic compass in rearview mirror
• Available power-operated heated rear seats, rear A/C and audio controls (standard on Premium Package)
• Available power rear window sunshade and manual rear door window sunshades (standard on Premium Package)

Safety and Security
• Dual-stage front air bags with seat belt sensors, front-seat side-impact supplemental air bags
• Brake-operated pre-crash front seat belts
• Supplemental side-impact curtain air bags for head and chest protection
• LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tether for CHildren) rigid bar child seat anchorage system
• Front-seat active head restraints, rear seat center head restraint with two-way manual adjustment
• 3-point seat belts for all seating positions, ALR/ELR for all passenger seating positions, driver ALR
• Available laser-based Intelligent Cruise Control (Premium Package) with new Preview Braking feature

Models and Manufacturing
• Available in Luxury model, Luxury model with Premium Package and Luxury model with Premium Package with Chrome Wheels
• Exterior and interior designed at Nissan Technical Center (NTC) in Atsugi, Japan
• Assembled by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. at Tochigi, Japan

Old 08-19-04, 04:50 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya those lens in the headlights look awesome. The interior looks quite nice too.
But the exterior simply does not belong to a $50k+ car. Not aggressive, not conservative, but more rather, ludicrous.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-19-04 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-19-04, 04:53 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

IMO the interior is just gorgeous.

The front grill replacement is the best thing to happen to this current generation of Q; the previous grill was too small and totally threw the proportions off. Now, I really like the car.

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 08-19-04 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-19-04, 05:48 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

I like the refresher.

Nice job indeed.

-Anthony
Old 08-19-04, 08:52 PM
ligflava
Driver

i remember that during the debut of the current generation Q, Infiniti boasted the headlamps to be so omnipotent that foglamps were no longer necessary.

guess they were wrong.

either rate, the interior is nice, but i picked my gs because the q45 test drive was unremarkable. this is coming from a person who used to drive a 1990 q45 (when the q's were designed to be great drivers' cars).
Old 08-19-04, 09:47 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Not bad.......but ill still take LS430 over it anyday.

Whats up with the "Infiniti" logo on the front seats, looks out of place.
Old 08-19-04, 09:54 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by RNM GS3
Not bad.......but ill still take LS430 over it anyday.
What you said.
Whats up with the "Infiniti" logo on the front seats, looks out of place.
Now that you pointed it out...yeah...they could've at least engraved the logo instead of printing it. The otherwise luxurious looking seats are suddenly interrupted there. Just plain weird.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-19-04 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-20-04, 12:35 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by ligflava
i remember that during the debut of the current generation Q, Infiniti boasted the headlamps to be so omnipotent that foglamps were no longer necessary.

guess they were wrong.

either rate, the interior is nice, but i picked my gs because the q45 test drive was unremarkable. this is coming from a person who used to drive a 1990 q45 (when the q's were designed to be great drivers' cars).
Damn, u are so right with the headlights. They did say that. Car still looks like a Mercury Sable to me.. Nice updates but buy over the competition, not at their asking price OR at the usual 10k discount.

Old 08-20-04, 06:19 AM
Milla...

The interior is very nice I just love that color, although after a while I my grow tired of it. the exterior ....... Can you say Crown Victoria (front grill) I'll pass.
Old 08-20-04, 11:20 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

They make these changes for the Q45, which is good, but do most buyers in this segment even care ?

Always like the Q45's interior, but the exterior still does nothing at all for me.
Old 08-20-04, 01:55 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks these lights are *rediculously* large?

That multi-tier design and the stacked-up fixtures make it look like a damn goldfish should be in there swimming thru the caves.

In an age where lights can be small they go and do this? Even their own FX has the right idea.

Looks like a scared rabbit. Timid, yet shocked and dopey.

Old 08-20-04, 02:06 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally posted by SexySC
They make these changes for the Q45, which is good, but do most buyers in this segment even care ?

Always like the Q45's interior, but the exterior still does nothing at all for me.
My thoughts exactly!

I do however like the LED tail lights. Other than that, to put it mildly, the car looks weird.
Old 08-20-04, 02:25 PM
Milla...

Originally posted by CleanSC

Am I the only one that thinks these lights are *rediculously* large?

That multi-tier design and the stacked-up fixtures make it look like a damn goldfish should be in there swimming thru the caves.

In an age where lights can be small they go and do this? Even their own FX has the right idea.

Looks like a scared rabbit. Timid, yet shocked and dopey.

Thats hilarious I never paid much attention until now and yes your right they're huge and here I thought the S class head lights were big.
Old 08-20-04, 02:32 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Milla...
Thats hilarious I never paid much attention until now and yes your right they're huge and here I thought the S class head lights were big.
Ahem...actually 01-03 LS430 has even bigger headlights.
Size is not the problem. Shape is.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-20-04 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-20-04, 08:06 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Still didn't get rid the Taurus/Sable exterior styling, no threat to LS430.

Quick Reply: 05 Q45 Refresher