Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

now i officially hate ricers

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 05:36 PM
C-Train
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down now i officially hate ricers

i was going out to lunch w/ a couple friends during school today, behind us was a cheaply modded prelude and in front of us is this big company van. as we are driving, the van slows down to make a right turn. the prelude behind us decides he can't stand the van driving slow, so switches to the other side of the road (this was a two lane road, well, one lane each way), and floors it. my friend was thinking wtf, so he speeds up a little cause he wasn't gonna let a ricer pass him. then comes a truck coming toward us, and we're like holy s---, they're gonna hit each other, and my friend's not slowing down at all! of course, the prelude driver was being stupid and didn't slam on his brakes swerve behind us. so as we expected a huge collision to happen, my buddy brakes a little (he thought if the lude got in a collision that maybe it would damage the car we were in, so he decided to brake to avoid a collision with the other 2 cars), the prelude cuts in front of us, missing the truck by less than a foot. all of us couldn't believe our eyes at what just happened. there were a couple cowboys (very, very common in kansas) making fun of them, calling them a ricer earlier at a stoplight, and i think the ricer got reeeeeaaaaal pissed. all i can say is, if my friend drove his '02 qx4, signifcantly qicker, the prelude owner woulda been dead.

the funny thing is, when he was trying to pass us, he couldn't keep up with my friend's 150k mile '92 honda accord wagon beater

damn 15 year old drivers.
Old 08-26-04, 05:39 PM
C-Train
Lead Lap

btw, there was even a passenger in the prelude
Old 08-26-04, 05:43 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: now i officially hate ricers

Originally posted by C-Train
i my friend was thinking wtf, so he speeds up a little cause he wasn't gonna let a ricer pass him. damn 15 year old drivers.

let them pass, they are ricer anyway

i m glad nothing happened.
Old 08-26-04, 07:02 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, just let them pass. it's not worth endangering another person(s) life just because of how they mod their car. you may not like it, but they do.

Last edited by adidas1532; 08-26-04 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-26-04, 07:12 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty stupid of both your friend and the ricer
Old 08-26-04, 08:07 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

If i tried to pass you and you sped up i'd put you in a guard rail and keep going.

Don't play with my life.

try that out here.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 08-26-04 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-26-04, 08:30 PM
LexFather

Default Re: now i officially hate ricers

Originally posted by C-Train
i was going out to lunch w/ a couple friends during school today, behind us was a cheaply modded prelude and in front of us is this big company van. as we are driving, the van slows down to make a right turn. the prelude behind us decides he can't stand the van driving slow, so switches to the other side of the road (this was a two lane road, well, one lane each way), and floors it. my friend was thinking wtf, so he speeds up a little cause he wasn't gonna let a ricer pass him. then comes a truck coming toward us, and we're like holy s---, they're gonna hit each other, and my friend's not slowing down at all! of course, the prelude driver was being stupid and didn't slam on his brakes swerve behind us. so as we expected a huge collision to happen, my buddy brakes a little (he thought if the lude got in a collision that maybe it would damage the car we were in, so he decided to brake to avoid a collision with the other 2 cars), the prelude cuts in front of us, missing the truck by less than a foot. all of us couldn't believe our eyes at what just happened. there were a couple cowboys (very, very common in kansas) making fun of them, calling them a ricer earlier at a stoplight, and i think the ricer got reeeeeaaaaal pissed. all i can say is, if my friend drove his '02 qx4, signifcantly qicker, the prelude owner woulda been dead.

the funny thing is, when he was trying to pass us, he couldn't keep up with my friend's 150k mile '92 honda accord wagon beater

damn 15 year old drivers.
Dude, honestly, that story sucked. You were not driving but that "game" was not cool of your friend.

Old 08-26-04, 09:30 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: now i officially hate ricers

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Dude, honestly, that story sucked. You were not driving but that "game" was not cool of your friend.
When you look back and the adrenoline is not rushing it seems stupid, but when you are on the road it seems like a good idea I do admit I hate letting people pass
Old 08-26-04, 09:36 PM
C-Train
Lead Lap

now that i look back, that was pretty stupid of my friend (yea, he's a pretty rich arrogant ****), but after talking to him, he said he was only going back to the speed limit and didn't notice the car until me and my other buddy's saw the other car and were going nuts. but i couldn't do anything, i was pretty speechless cause i had no idea what was gonna happen.

btw, i don't know if you guys understood me right, but the ricer was on the WRONG side of the road, it wasn't on the highway where there's passing areas and non passing, he was in town going the wrong way being a jack@$$.
Old 08-26-04, 10:41 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: now i officially hate ricers

Originally posted by 0l33l
When you look back and the adrenoline is not rushing it seems stupid, but when you are on the road it seems like a good idea I do admit I hate letting people pass

hehehehe, thumbs up// i knew the teacher would say something insightful
Old 08-27-04, 12:18 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

That wasn't very smart of your friend. Alot of people could of been hurt or killed. Glad to hear that there were no accident!!
Old 08-27-04, 01:00 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

C-Train your an idiot, don't take this the wrong way but your friend is as much at fault as is the kid in the Prelude, if a cop had noticed that and what you said was your friend was driving below the stated speed limit and the prelude went to pass he's more at fault for speeding up to not let him pass, that could have been an easy 10 points in tickets and then to have a truck approaching and to not slow down, what your friend did could be considered racing, just thinking about how this would play out if the truck hit the prelude or you got pulled over and you had to go to court.

But in the end, you dropped your level of intelligence to that of a 15 year old who has been driving for a week, your story does not make you or your friend look any better then the ricer you describe.

I don't know but watch yourself in the future, where you guys in 2 cars following each other.
Old 08-27-04, 08:12 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: now i officially hate ricers

i let them pass becuase my car is too slow to keep them up with all those mod civics hehe
Old 08-27-04, 09:40 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: now i officially hate ricers

Originally posted by talgrl626
hehehehe, i knew the teacher would say something insightful
LOL

Originally posted by DC52E55
i let them pass becuase my car is too slow to keep them up with all those mod civics hehe
They usually take the lane that has parked cars in it while I take the late right next to that. If one of them wants to get in, I just tailgate the guy in front. sometimes they still manage to squeeze through though
Old 08-27-04, 12:40 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb Re: Re: Re: now i officially hate ricers

No, it doesn't seem like a good idea. Good God, I can't believe how immature you are. First with the cars+HP thread, the DVD+pickup truck thread, and now this.

Anybody who is a good driver will tell you that playing games is stupid. I don't know what the hell "adrenoline" is, but saying "Oh officer/judge/whoever the adrenaline was rushing," is not going to fly in court when you are trying to get out of a ticket or vehicular manslaughter charge.

Please, if you ever get your Lexus into a wreck or something, don't post the story or pics because then I would be forced to fill pages upon pages with "OWN3D" pics.

I am totally justified in saying this because my daily communte is 40mi round trip that takes me through everything from shady constructions zones to the heart of my pedestrian-congested urban campus.

And I'm not do this to criticize you so much as I am trying to make you realize the error of your ways and hopefully open your eyes and make you become a better driver.

Driving it not a joke, not a game, and definitely not something to be taken lightly. I could toast most of the cars I see, but when other drivers act stupid I just let them go and don't even bother wasting gas.

Bad drivers + bad driving = x1987189155987755232656447466474

The following is a highly technical illustration showing how to handle a situation when you see another person driving dangerously:

Quick Reply: now i officially hate ricers