Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus vs Mercedes Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-04, 10:25 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Nice thread flatfoot. When I was reading your story, I was jealous. That's how ALL Lexus dealership should be treating us, otherwise we could go out and get Toyotas and not expect the top quality service.
Since most of the posts have been on the East Coast, here's one from the West coast. Lexus of Westminster treated me pretty nice. Very good service and Lexus loaner cars that I can choose from. The service at House of Import (MB) was very unorganized, didn't want to give a loaner and if they did, it was a freakin Chevrolet Cavalier for an S500. Service was nice at Fletcher Jones, but verrrry busy there. Hmmm, wonder why . However Tustin Lexus was horrible and snobby. Didn't really care about customer service when I was there. Eeeevry body was too busy checking out a new car that was unloading off the flat bed. Oooops, sorry, too much rambling. Hard not to blame one bad experience to represent that one dealership.
Old 08-31-04, 12:32 PM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Your dealership sounds exactly like ours. My dad totally loves the idae of him not havin to drive the lexus to their dealership that's about an hour away but them coming down here, but in exchange they only leave us a Camry. But it's still not bad, saved us an hour drive, we'd probbaly buy another Lexus just for that service
Old 08-31-04, 05:58 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by THE_CEO
coming from a benz family....i was very impressed with lexus...they treat everyone like they have a $120,000 car.

CEO
Sad to say, my lexus dealer treats me like if I own a old beat up honda. Very, very rude people work there.
Old 08-31-04, 06:08 PM
GS3Tek

Originally posted by joshthorsc
Sad to say, my lexus dealer treats me like if I own a old beat up honda. Very, very rude people work there.
Which one and who's the advisor so we can avoid?
And what about the survey that we get in the mail? Do they take these seriously at all?

Last edited by GS3Tek; 08-31-04 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-31-04, 10:53 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Lexus vs Mercedes Service

Originally posted by flatfoot
I have finally turned 5K miles on my 03 SC. On a whim I called my local Lexus dealer (Melbourne Florida) on Saturday to make an appointment for this service. I was pleased to learn that I could bring it in the next day,on Sunday. I asked what time they opened and was told 0700. The appointment was made for the next morning. On my way to the dealership at about 0630, top down, misty and warm, while going around a loop from one highway to another, I saw a beautiful convertible going in the opposite direction, top down also. With the sun in my eyes and the mist in the air I couldn't tell the make until it got closer, but it looked awesome. I am a certified car freak, and when a car freak sees another car that looks great, he wishes that he had bought one of those!When the distance closed, I realized that it was also an SC430! This was the start of a good morning.

At the dealershipp I was greeted by the service rep who asked if there were any problems with the car. He took my keys and tossed me a set of keys to an 04 330RX. I took a drive and returned in an hour to pick up my car, serviced and washed. I was informed that in the future I could make an appointment about a week ahead, and that the dealership would pick up my car at my home and leave me a loaner, with no charge. Not bad! This service was free and I asked about the charge for the next service. I was quoted $68.00 including synthetic oil and tire rotation. Not bad again.
After three Mercedes, I can say that this kind of service is above par, especially when I didn't purchase my car at this dealership. The first thing they ask at the Mercedes dealership is,"where did you buy the car?". This determines if and what kind of loaner you get.
I hope that everyone is enjoying their car and experiencing similar service.
Feeling good with my car,
Flatfoot
I can only dream of experiencing this type of service from my Lexus dealer. Lets just say Lexus service in NYC is not great.
Old 09-01-04, 09:06 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flatfoot, it's nice to see you are getting the kind of service we should all expect, you have described the kind of service I was told I could expect as well, after 3 visits to my dealership I will never return, they have been the worse dealership I have ever had to deal with.
Old 09-01-04, 09:19 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by joshthorsc
you know it might not be a bad idea to have a section on dealers...that denotes which ones are good and which ones are bad.

CEO
Old 09-01-04, 09:23 AM
GS3Tek

you know it might not be a bad idea to have a section on dealers...that denotes which ones are good and which ones are bad.

CEO
Yes, I agree. I've been wanting this section also. Mods, can we have one? huh? can we? can we???
Old 09-01-04, 09:37 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Lexus vs Mercedes Service

Originally posted by flatfoot
I hope that everyone is enjoying their car and experiencing similar service.
Feeling good with my car,
Flatfoot
Sounds like you found a nice dealership to deal with. As others have said, not all dealerships aspire to the Lexus promise.
Old 09-01-04, 09:40 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: Lexus vs Mercedes Service

Originally posted by Neo
Sounds like you found a nice dealership to deal with. As others have said, not all dealerships aspire to the Lexus promise.
see the problem is that newbies dont know if they are going to a good dealer or a bad one...i think we really need this section.

CEO
Old 09-01-04, 09:43 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

CEO
Yes, there are subforums in other car sites for members to discuss their experience with the various dealers.
Old 09-01-04, 09:46 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by SexySC
Yes, there are subforums in other car sites for members to discuss their experience with the various dealers.
oh yeah! i have seen them on other forums and agree with you....but as far as i know we dont have a section for it...

CEO
Old 09-01-04, 01:23 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The dealership feedback/ranking/forum idea is being discussed. More info as more becomes available.