Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus vs Mercedes Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 05:32 PM
flatfoot
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus vs Mercedes Service

I have finally turned 5K miles on my 03 SC. On a whim I called my local Lexus dealer (Melbourne Florida) on Saturday to make an appointment for this service. I was pleased to learn that I could bring it in the next day,on Sunday. I asked what time they opened and was told 0700. The appointment was made for the next morning. On my way to the dealership at about 0630, top down, misty and warm, while going around a loop from one highway to another, I saw a beautiful convertible going in the opposite direction, top down also. With the sun in my eyes and the mist in the air I couldn't tell the make until it got closer, but it looked awesome. I am a certified car freak, and when a car freak sees another car that looks great, he wishes that he had bought one of those!When the distance closed, I realized that it was also an SC430! This was the start of a good morning.

At the dealershipp I was greeted by the service rep who asked if there were any problems with the car. He took my keys and tossed me a set of keys to an 04 330RX. I took a drive and returned in an hour to pick up my car, serviced and washed. I was informed that in the future I could make an appointment about a week ahead, and that the dealership would pick up my car at my home and leave me a loaner, with no charge. Not bad! This service was free and I asked about the charge for the next service. I was quoted $68.00 including synthetic oil and tire rotation. Not bad again.
After three Mercedes, I can say that this kind of service is above par, especially when I didn't purchase my car at this dealership. The first thing they ask at the Mercedes dealership is,"where did you buy the car?". This determines if and what kind of loaner you get.
I hope that everyone is enjoying their car and experiencing similar service.
Feeling good with my car,
Flatfoot
Old 08-30-04, 05:53 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta love Lexus service

Nice story
Old 08-30-04, 06:21 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 108 Posts

flatfoot

I had a very similar situation with my first Lexus service, I didn't buy the car there either and my car is 6 years old and I was not even the original owner (but still a proud owner they could see). This dealer treated me like I just bought the car from them. I was amazed at the treatment I got, great customer experience. So big deal they gave me a key chain but it was more than that, they went out of there way to make me happy, that's important to me.

I posted about it but they moved my thread. Here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=131878
Old 08-30-04, 06:37 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

coming from a benz family....i was very impressed with lexus...they treat everyone like they have a $120,000 car.

CEO

Last edited by THE_CEO; 08-31-04 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-30-04, 07:00 PM
legendary
Racer

Awesome....

I am going to move this to the Car Chat since this is not an SC300/400 or SC430 -centric story.

Good deal though.

Gotta love it

Old 08-30-04, 07:05 PM
comandante
Driver School Candidate

wow,
I wished the service in my city was that good. Last time I went to the lexus dealership in my hometown they were extremely snobby (actually it was one guy in particular). Maybe it was because I have a 10 year old lexus. Who knows...but it good to see there are some good guys out there.
Old 08-30-04, 11:33 PM
RacingLexusBoi
Rookie

im quite surprised myself. I been to 2 dealers and i got nowhere the xp you guys got. They overcharged and tried to sell me service and parts i didnt needed. Plus they didnt do things in a timely and proper fashion (they took an extra 2 hours and took off my fuse box lid and forgot to put it back ^_^). Lastly they talked down to me and tried to over exemplify things to confuse me but I think this was largely due to the prejudice of my age; I was only 18 at those time.

Ultimately I think it varies from place to place and I think it will be the same for all dealerships.
Old 08-31-04, 06:30 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Not all Lexus dealerships have excellent service.

Lexus of Manhattan (New York City) has a terrible reputation in terms of service. I will not get into details but it has been a nightmare.

Lexus of Madison (Wisconsin) and D&T Lexus (Seoul, Korea) have excellent service.

Lexus of Manhattan =

-Donald
Old 08-31-04, 06:31 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by comandante
wow,
I wished the service in my city was that good. Last time I went to the lexus dealership in my hometown they were extremely snobby (actually it was one guy in particular). Maybe it was because I have a 10 year old lexus. Who knows...but it good to see there are some good guys out there.

Hi there

Where in Wisconsin are you from?

I used to live in Madison.

Take care.

-Donald
Old 08-31-04, 07:43 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Since were getting into names...Meade Lexus of Lakeside and Meade Lexus of Southfield have excellent service as well as Lexus of Lansing...there are only 5 lexus dealers in the whole state...maybe some one else can vouch for the other 2 dealerships.

CEO
Old 08-31-04, 07:55 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by THE_CEO
Since were getting into names...Meade Lexus of Lakeside and Meade Lexus of Southfield have excellent service as well as Lexus of Lansing...there are only 5 lexus dealers in the whole state...maybe some one else can vouch for the other 2 dealerships.

CEO
Meade pissed me off once. But they have been ok since.

I always go to Ann Arbor now.
Old 08-31-04, 08:17 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Pohanka Lexus in northern virginia is horrible. Rude salesman and obnoxious pre-owned manager - Whitehead.
Old 08-31-04, 08:33 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by jpa2400
Meade pissed me off once. But they have been ok since.

I always go to Ann Arbor now.
how is Lexus of Ann Arbor?..i have seen it back there in that motor mall...but i have never been there.

CEO
Old 08-31-04, 09:04 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by THE_CEO
how is Lexus of Ann Arbor?..i have seen it back there in that motor mall...but i have never been there.

CEO
wonderful! my fav dealer by far.
Old 08-31-04, 09:42 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Originally posted by jpa2400
wonderful! my fav dealer by far.
nice ill have to give them a try and drop in for an oil change if im in the area.

CEO

Quick Reply: Lexus vs Mercedes Service