Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Allright Guys I Need Your Feedback On This One

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-04, 05:36 PM
LexFather

Looking at what your friend wants

New
1.EVO
2. WRX
3. G35 sedan

Used the possibilites are endless.

Old 09-10-04, 05:38 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by harris10101
sorry abt that i just dont like being spoiled because i feel i have earned what i am recieving
I was going to stay out of the "you're spoiled" line of reasoning, because it's really not relevant to helping someone with their car choice, but this line pretty much cements it--you ARE spoiled. If you honestly think you've earned $30K by being a good student or a good son or whatever, then you're solidly lost in the entitlement culture.

I'll also side with mmarshall in the old fogie school of ricer definition. The WRX and Evo, with their ridiculously oversized spoilers and coffee can exhaust from the factory, induce nausea just as readily as Neons with real neon and Civics with fake carbon fiber hoods.

Okay, enough lecturing--sorry about that. So what are the leading contenders at this point?
Old 09-10-04, 09:01 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

look you guys keep talking about me focusing on school and having a good college fund and everything but, i am taking 5 AP's, im a year ahead as it is and im doing well with it also, so the only reason i get this is because my parents feel it an adequate reward, all the money i get in scholarships is money i get to whatever, and since i like cars, ill put it to a car

sorry abt that i just dont like being spoiled because i feel i have earned what i am recieving

on a side note: today we test drove the 911 for my dad, and if he gets that i much just get his LS, which i would not mind whatsover.

we checked out the 645 also but its low on headroom in back, and as for me as seperate cars i have two options-
something new like a tc for 2 yrs and on medical school admission anything i want
or anything i want within reason now and nothing later

besides i started driving on a 1999 corolla manual, so i can appreciate nicer cars also

i dont mean to sound aggressive or anything but honestly i am just looking for help, and i appreciate that most of you are doing so

you are such a lucky guy and a smart guy as well.

you are gonna be a pre-med? i would choose an option 1 since tC is a nice car ,and good luck on your admission to med school
Old 09-10-04, 11:47 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

dont be pissed because he's fortunate... so he's lucky and his dad will buy him a 30k car... his dad has the money for it and loves his son enough to give him a very very nice gift. money is made to be spent and we cant get mad at the people that are more fortunate than us. if you've got the resources, USE THEM. EVO's and STI's post nice performance numbers... but for style's sake i would take the G35c.... maybe not the best performance, but the best looking IMO... and a good solid, reliable build... sporty with a touch of class. if i were to buy a new car... that is probably what i would get.
Old 09-10-04, 11:57 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Dynasty SC
dont be pissed because he's fortunate... so he's lucky and his dad will buy him a 30k car... his dad has the money for it and loves his son enough to give him a very very nice gift. money is made to be spent and we cant get mad at the people that are more fortunate than us. if you've got the resources, USE THEM. EVO's and STI's post nice performance numbers... but for style's sake i would take the G35c.... maybe not the best performance, but the best looking IMO... and a good solid, reliable build... sporty with a touch of class. if i were to buy a new car... that is probably what i would get.
who here is **** and mad??

hey wait for the new supra??

Last edited by DC52E55; 09-10-04 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-11-04, 12:18 AM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

I agree, the $ issue is irrelevant. I could argue about it all day, as well. But out of respect for CL members and the topic of conversation, we should consider it what it is; beside the point.

For $30k, I'd be looking at something like a 540i 6speed, M3, Supra TT, EVO, 03 Cobra (don't hate me too much, I'm a Mustang nut), BMW 840/850 (save room for repairs ), S4s are very nice, too. I would consider a Boxster, but I'm not a fan. Good luck with the car hunting!
Old 09-11-04, 12:21 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

look you guys keep talking about me focusing on school and having a good college fund and everything but, i am taking 5 AP's, im a year ahead as it is and im doing well with it also, so the only reason i get this is because my parents feel it an adequate reward, all the money i get in scholarships is money i get to whatever, and since i like cars, ill put it to a car

on a side note: today we test drove the 911 for my dad, and if he gets that i much just get his LS, which i would not mind whatsover.

we checked out the 645 also but its low on headroom in back, and as for me as seperate cars i have two options-
something new like a tc for 2 yrs and on medical school admission anything i want
or anything i want within reason now and nothing later

besides i started driving on a 1999 corolla manual, so i can appreciate nicer cars also

i dont mean to sound aggressive or anything but honestly i am just looking for help, and i appreciate that most of you are doing so
wait.. anything means ANYTHING???

i just saw another thread about F430... it looks really good. i think it's a good trade off if you could wait 2 years driving a tC.

good luck with your decision
Old 09-11-04, 02:01 AM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

:richkidwithdaddysmoneysucks:
Old 09-11-04, 09:39 AM
harris10101

well actually last option came up the other day, my dad might get the new 911 so if he gets that i get his 03 LS

besides, i really dont mind a used car coz i love to work on them, only thing is it has to be a manual - they just provide a whole new level of pleasure

anyway i have lots of time to think about this and i really appreciate your help

one last criteria - NOTHING AMERICAN
Old 09-11-04, 09:41 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

besides, i really dont mind a used car
aww, you really are spoiled man...

i dont mean to start a fight or anything, but damn...

Last edited by /Aerostar\; 09-11-04 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-11-04, 11:59 AM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Originally posted by /Aerostar\
aww, you really are spoiled man...

i dont mean to start a fight or anything, but damn...

Yep, it's official.
Old 09-11-04, 12:10 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Come on guys. Keep it on topic.

Whether or not you feel he is given more than he deserves is irrelevant. Let's try to not make our more "privileged" members uncomfortable. This is the Car Chat forum on a Car Site. He came on to ask your help on choosing a car. If he is going to be the beneficiary of a nice car, then let's help him make an informed decision.

Old 09-11-04, 01:25 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

dont complain! you all drive lexus' mind you!
Old 09-11-04, 08:35 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

well actually last option came up the other day, my dad might get the new 911 so if he gets that i get his 03 LS

besides, i really dont mind a used car coz i love to work on them, only thing is it has to be a manual - they just provide a whole new level of pleasure

anyway i have lots of time to think about this and i really appreciate your help

one last criteria - NOTHING AMERICAN

"NOTHING AMERICAN"

I'm of the opinion that America has several vehicles that are competitive with imported vehicles - but you're entitled to your bias.

"it has to be a manual"

I've got news - your dad's "03 LS" isn't a manual unless the LS you speak of is a V6 Lincoln LS - which would be American and available w/ a manual for that model year.

LS430 is one hell of a car though. If you end up getting it - you're one lucky guy. If you end up getting any of the cars we've all been suggesting - you're one lucky guy.

Don't let it go to your head. Treat people like you'd have them treat you if you lost it all tomorrow.

And good luck with school - where are you headed?

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 09-11-04 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-11-04, 08:47 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by whipimpin

Don't let it go to your head. Treat people like you'd have them treat you if you lost it all tomorrow.

M.
so true bro

Quick Reply: Allright Guys I Need Your Feedback On This One